altText

Our Website Guestbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 7:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys s

I have just been on our website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I am a little embarrassed as nobody has signed the guest book since March Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 2345823347 therefore, I wonder if any of you have a little time over the weekend or so would you please drop in, have a read, registrar and leave a comment. We would be very grateful indeed.

Thanks a million. Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 1536469901

Berni &
Dougie xx
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:33 am

To be honest Bill I think what Andy is saying is ...Its a bit all over the place ie the links aren't in one place and I think there is too many!! for a website of this kind.I think if all the links were together it would be far easier instead of being a bit of a mismash at the moment, this isn't a criticism just my opinion and observation however Andy may have a different view on it? I personally think the guest book was a better idea but its only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:37 am

Forgot to say when you click on the gallery and view it the only way to get back to the home page is to start over again by clicking on my link in my browser bar. Maybe you should consider a link back to the home page?
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 am

I posted on there some week ago but it still hasn't appeared so I assumed I had done something wrong? so I tried again and still nothing. I do see what your saying BS it is a bit mind bending with the links not being in one place and I to had the same problem with the gallery but I'm sure its very much a work in progress so lets wait until the site is finished completely it maybe a lot easier to work out then. s
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:20 am

Hi All
Thanks for the comments / feedback, I think Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 3367882216
OK, the site is effectively finished, after discussions with Berni it is laid out so that when you enter the site on the HOME page the main site information is across the top and the sub categories / projects are on the Left, all direct clickable links to that information.

Every Page (apart from the Home page) has a Home page link - top left corner - but to save going back there every time, all the links are also at the bottom of every page and clickable from there. So in effect no matter what page you are on you can navigate from that page to any other

If after watching any of the slideshows in full screen press escape and you should go back to the original page, and again, from there navigate to any other page

Daisy - All comments posted are directed via e mail for approval,before being posted I will check through again, all I can ask is you try again please

I will look into a dedicated Guestbook section but archived comments and posts are transferred to the Members / comments page the most recent are shown on home page
I know it is probably easier for me as I built it :Cool3:so obviously know my way around, but I have tried to make it 'simple' by clicking what you see to read the info, Thanks again
Bill
From the members page / comments
NOVEMBER 16, 2011 AT 21:27 Wonderful website…keep up the good work all xxx
NOVEMBER 16, 2011 AT 22:20 wonderful website,can wait for you to see what I have already collected for next year,have a good holiday and see you on the 3rd
NOVEMBER 16, 2011 AT 22:54 Brilliant website berni @ dougie, keep up the good work
NOVEMBER 17, 2011 AT 09:15 Hi Guys love this, well done to designer. Easir to leave comments &
thats always good!
NOVEMBER 17, 2011 AT 09:20 Wonderful website too.
NOVEMBER 17, 2011 AT 16:52 Nicely done you guys. Fantastic web site. Keep up the good work !!!
NOVEMBER 17, 2011 AT 01:41 Glad to see the website up and running again. Many congrats to you and the team
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:10 am

Thanks for your reply Bill, I have just posted again so it will be waiting for you to look at? Looking at the site and its only an observation do you think that it would be more user friendly if all the links on the right hand side and always appeared no matter where you are? as you have said its easier for you because you built it but for those who don't know it can be very difficult to know where to go? on most sites I have been on all the navigation buttons are always visible. As I have said this is only my observation s
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:22 am

Agree Daisy it could be easier to get around I have been on there quite a few times in the past and no disrespect to Berni but I don't go on there so much now because of the problems mentioned here which is a shame because Berni is one in a million and deserves all the praise she gets and I for one will continue with supporting her even though I may not visit the site so much. Note for Bill there is a lot that has been said here and maybe you could look at making the new site as easy to use as the old one.
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:51 am

I'm sure this problem will get sorted out Berni isn't the kind of person to settle anything that isn't working for all of her supporters. Well done to her for updating the site and I'm sure it will get there one day.
Back to top Go down
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 am

Just been on there and posted and I see the site has changed again with the background going back to how it was so it is still being tweaked. It will be fine once all this little bits are sorted.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 am

Just been reading this and its a shame I agree but maybe its one of those horrible free sites that is limited to what you can and can't do. I don't imagine it will make much difference to Berni because she is so well known on all the forums where most of us see her posts which then brings me to ask why have a site in the first place? sure its something that Berni doesn't need since she is far more respected than David Cameron [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] on the forums and face-book. Anyway I'm sure you all agree that regardless to what the site is or isn't she is and absolute angel and her work is second to none and I for one wish her all the best for all the work she does which is brilliant no matter what her site looks like. Hats off to you Berni Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 2706089290Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 2706089290Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:51 pm

I'm sure it will be fine eventually just keep going back and checking because these things can take time to get right and remember Bill is only trying to help its not as though he is a pro site builder so well done to bill for his efforts and as For Berni yes she is very well known and oh so Respected tooooooooooooooooooo Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 570106603 Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 570106603 Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 570106603
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:48 pm

While I appreciate that this is about Bernie's new site can we please remember that it is about visiting the site and not about how it work. I would suggest that if anyone is having a problem then they pm Bernie and she will try to help you. g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Evening Guys

Sorry been very busy here of late, my normal work is hectic. On the orphanages side of things people are starting to drop items off so now in the process of collecting, sorting washing packing etc.

Thank you all for your comments on the website. Bill has already pick up on them and has made amendments accordingly but please keep you comments coming as we only learn through feedback.

Special thanks to you all for your lovely comments Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 1536469901 I feel like royalty now Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 1865348797 Honestly though Dougie and I appreciate it very much indeed.

Dame Oddy Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 6:46 am

Hi
Guestbook page has been added, should make life easier? seasonal look removed, working on easier navigation for you.
Daisy- Have sent you a PM

Bill
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 am

Thanks Bill I have now signed the guest book and its waiting for moderation? In answer to your pm I'm not sure what page I posted it on before but what I added was much the same as what I put today. s
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:45 am

I've just posted, I did see yours daisy but I think you made a typo

Thank you all for sharing all your thoughts and to Berni and Dog well done both!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Website Guestbook   Our Website Guestbook - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Website Guestbook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next