altText

thieving Tw*ts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Had an email from the estate agent this morning to let me know someone has removed all the metal fencing from the rear of my house!!!
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:27 pm

So sorry to hear that.
thieving Tw*ts 794030042
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm afraid this is common in Bulgaria where metal is concerned, and I'm sure most will assume it was Gypsies but that isn't always the case. Sorry to here this Andy and I know how you must feel I have experienced something similar.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:10 pm

not nice at all. thieving Tw*ts 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:31 pm

thieving Tw*ts 3135333095

So sorry to hear that thieving Tw*ts 3998065313 what an awful thing to do, why can't people just mind their own business and leave other along. Sincerely hope you get it sorted soon.
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:41 pm

So sorry to hear this, they always assume the gypsies, but know one knows. I hope you get it sorted.
Back to top Go down
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Big thanks to Oggi and Tanya from Starra Planina estate agents who went to the local police this morning to report it T
Back to top Go down
neilythere!
Anonymous

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:44 pm

just back from BG and went to check my props
gypsies had removed a lovely 6 sided metal gazebo from my garden in Lozenets nextdoor saw em do it but darent say a word.he wouldnt point oue the house where they lived either.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:34 am

Sorry to hear about your property, we had all the guttering taken off ours last year. Having said that i'm sat reading a local newspaper which has a huge write up about scrappers nicking lead off houses. So i guess an empty property is a welcome sign for theifs the world over. thieving Tw*ts 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:47 pm

Sorry to hear of all your losses, but thankyou for posting about this, it really helps. Here are some examples of the real help to me personally - my list of notes to myself:

1) Don't buy a sink unit, mould a concrete one and tile it - this is something I was considering anyway but will now do not just for fun but because it would be hard to remove. Set the fancy tap that I'd like back from the surrounding surface, with a false piece to fit in front with an old tap on.

2) Likewise mould my bathroom requirements in situ or concrete them in immovably, and have the good fittings either hidden or easily removable for hidden storage - old ones in place looking as if they belong there.

3) Create a disguised false back in one of our outbuildings to store garden machinery in and always leave non-valuable old things leaning against it when we go away. Design a hidden log store.

4) Also have storage behind a false wall in my kitchen to hide any kitchen machinery in when I go away, and in other parts of the house as required.

5) Generally use non-movable features throughout, i.e. boundary, step &
balcony rails and such like.

I shall have fun with this, but don't anyone tell the Gypsies!
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:57 pm

fruitlover wrote:
Sorry to hear of all your losses, but thankyou for posting about this, it really helps. Here are some examples of the real help to me personally - my list of notes to myself:

1) Don't buy a sink unit, mould a concrete one and tile it - this is something I was considering anyway but will now do not just for fun but because it would be hard to remove. Set the fancy tap that I'd like back from the surrounding surface, with a false piece to fit in front with an old tap on.

2) Likewise mould my bathroom requirements in situ or concrete them in immovably, and have the good fittings either hidden or easily removable for hidden storage - old ones in place looking as if they belong there.

3) Create a disguised false back in one of our outbuildings to store garden machinery in and always leave non-valuable old things leaning against it when we go away. Design a hidden log store.

4) Also have storage behind a false wall in my kitchen to hide any kitchen machinery in when I go away, and in other parts of the house as required.

5) Generally use non-movable features throughout, i.e. boundary, step &
balcony rails and such like.

I shall have fun with this, but don't anyone tell the Gypsies!
Im really sorry that everyone including me are having this problem with empty properties but i really have to disagree with the constant reference to gypsies. As a member of a travelling family and a collection of traveller friends both english and bulgarian. I have to say no one I know goes around stealing anything. I personally do not know who has stolen from peoples houses but it is unfair to blame anyone without proof.
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Point taken, I've no experience of this it was all heresay. I'd be a traveller if I could, I'd rather live in a motorcaravan than a house any day as long as I can still have a big garden, but my better half likes something more solid and conventional!
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 7:37 pm

fruitlover wrote:
Point taken, I've no experience of this it was all heresay. I'd be a traveller if I could, I'd rather live in a motorcaravan than a house any day as long as I can still have a big garden, but my better half likes something more solid and conventional!
mine too so we do a bit of both. H s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:04 pm

I agree with beautifulangle Don't automatically assume that because you have had things stolen, it's the gipsy's
As most members on this forum will know we had our house gutted and I mean gutted, just bare wires hanging out of the ceilings and walls, and I can assure you all that not a single gipsy was involved in that. There are good and bad in all walks of life
My gardener employes 6 gipsies and two of them look after my garden (cut the grass, weed, plant flowers etc) and they are the most dedicated and honest people I have come across in Bulgaria. I hope I never have to eat my words thieving Tw*ts 3998065313
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 pm

no ones knows who has done it, it could be anyone of any nationality, i do have a romany gipsy who helps me around the house, and to be honest a proven nice person who i do trust because of the time have spent with this person, theres good and bad in all in all walks of life. we did have our car broken into the first week of moving here, they took a pair of shoes when in the boot of the car their was a big shop of food and beer, but just took the shoes even though they forced the boot of the car, not a good experience i have to say, but that is the worst experience in 4 years. g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

thieving Tw*ts Empty
PostSubject: Re: thieving Tw*ts   thieving Tw*ts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thieving Tw*ts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1