altText
altText

What not to do

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

What not to do Empty
PostSubject: What not to do   What not to do Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:09 am

[size=85:3fml473e]yahoo news

Can you believe this What not to do 3135333095

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... rt-removal

A British man has shot his own finger off in an effort to get rid of a painful wart.

Sean Murphy, a security guard from Yorkshire, blew most of his middle finger off with a shotgun after drinking several pints of beer, The Sun newspaper reported.

The 38-year-old was charged with possessing an illegal firearm after the incident but walked free yesterday after a judge handed him a suspended sentence.

Murphy told the Doncaster Magistrates' Court how he had lived with the wart for five years and had tried several removal creams over the years to no avail.

He added that the wart "
was hurting a lot and causing my finger to bend"

"
It was as big as my thumbnail. I'd been to the doctors with it and tried all sorts of things but it wouldn't go,"
he was quoted saying.

He said he didn't expect to lose most of his finger in the shooting.

The 38-year-old pleaded guilty to the possession of firearms charge and also to theft of the shotgun after he told police he found the firearm in a hedge near his work.

A police investigation revealed that it was stolen in a 2009 burglary which Murphy claims he had no knowledge of, The Sun reported.

The judge handed him a 16-week suspended sentence.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

What not to do Empty
PostSubject: Re: What not to do   What not to do Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 10:46 am

oddball wrote:
[size=85:mkog45ej]yahoo news

Can you believe this What not to do 3135333095

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... rt-removal

A British man has shot his own finger off in an effort to get rid of a painful wart.

Sean Murphy, a security guard from Yorkshire, blew most of his middle finger off with a shotgun after drinking several pints of beer, The Sun newspaper reported.

The 38-year-old was charged with possessing an illegal firearm after the incident but walked free yesterday after a judge handed him a suspended sentence.

Murphy told the Doncaster Magistrates' Court how he had lived with the wart for five years and had tried several removal creams over the years to no avail.

He added that the wart "
was hurting a lot and causing my finger to bend"

"
It was as big as my thumbnail. I'd been to the doctors with it and tried all sorts of things but it wouldn't go,"
he was quoted saying.

He said he didn't expect to lose most of his finger in the shooting.

The 38-year-old pleaded guilty to the possession of firearms charge and also to theft of the shotgun after he told police he found the firearm in a hedge near his work.

A police investigation revealed that it was stolen in a 2009 burglary which Murphy claims he had no knowledge of, The Sun reported.

The judge handed him a 16-week suspended sentence.

Good job the wart was on his finger, the mind boggles What not to do 3367882216
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

What not to do Empty
PostSubject: Re: What not to do   What not to do Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Wart a tragedy its been said that Asda have a rush on fingerless gloves [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

What not to do Empty
PostSubject: Re: What not to do   What not to do Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 1:57 pm

I read that the wait for operations and appointments to see GP's in the UK is getting longer, so perhaps a bit of DIY by some patients is something that will take off in the near future.
s s s s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What not to do Empty
PostSubject: Re: What not to do   What not to do Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What not to do

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-