Gurko Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Banned member2
Anonymous

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 8:12 am

The Gurko Hotel in Gurko street is a great place to enjoy a traditional Bulgarian meal and just down the road from there on the right is a small museum that was a bank inside are some interesting photos of Bulgarian villages .
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:25 am

agree...nice hotel ...but ...unless you check what they are charging you and insist on paying the Bulgarian price (if you are resident of course ) they will dual charge you
after a lot of "
conversation "
........I had to threaten to report them to get the correct price for my room.....not on !!
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:23 pm

I dont every have this problem could be because my partner is Bulgarian .
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Only stayed there once (two evenings). I found the staff very helpful and friendly, the food in the Mehana was excellent and the room was clean and well equipped.

Breakfast was fine ... boiled eggs, ham, toast, jam, orange juice and lashings of hot coffee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Chris
Chris

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:57 pm

PS. and for those of you who don't know ... the hotel is in Veliko Turnovo!
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:32 pm

We stayed there on two separate occasions for several days. Absolutely no cause for complaint!
Staff were lovely, rooms very clean and no problems with the price.
Would definately recommend. Gurko Hotel 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Sorry i should of said VT .
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:57 am

We stayed in this hotel over the recent bank holiday. Quite hard to get to with a massive car on narrow cobbled streets - we should just have gone the wrong way down a one way street and saved ourselves a whole load of hassle. The room was nice - the jaquzzi was a bit wobbly - but all worked fine and was clean. We even had a fire fly thrown in, first time either of us had seen one. The food in the restaurant was good - and the breakfast was HUGE.

Next time I go to VT for R&
R will most likely be with my mother and father in law - not sure if we will stay there then, she has recently had a hip op so the steep cobbled streets around the hotel may be a bit too much for her. Will probably stay in the hotels a bit nearer to the fortress. Not as "
Bulgarian"
but more practical.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:16 am

We have stayed there once, very nice hotel and lovely views, only problem that we found was trying to find the place [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] well thats not quite true found it but could not get to it in the vehicle that we had, well not the legal way. Would recommend it to people.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:32 am

We walk there good for you . Please dont forget to look in the museum , the photos are very interesting .
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 am

Well - gone right off this hotel...... So thought I would post!!!

I tried to make a 2 night booking over Easter for 1 double room and 2 single rooms (4 adults, 1 child) One of the party coming over form the UK had seen the website and wanted to stay there. I E-mailed and asked if the rooms were available 2 weeks ago. In response I got an attachment E-mailed to me me re a 3 night Eatser "
special offer"
. We only have 2 nights in VT as one of the party has to return to the UK.

On receipt of the offer they sent me, I wrote back and asked if they are therefore not going to accept a 2 night booking for my party - still no reply after 2 weeks!! Needless to say I have since booked at another hotel.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:16 am

Could it be that the 3 nights was cheaper than the two nights , or could it be that you booked in English ? . I still like it and find the food very good and very Bulgarian .
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:33 am

Esta wrote:
still no reply after 2 weeks!! Needless to say I have since booked at another hotel.

mmm, that's not good, thanks for the update Esta.

I always found them quite efficient, although I booked on the telephone and in Bulgarian.
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:52 am

I wrote to them in English, as I did last time I stayed there, in May 2011. It's a shame as I liked the hotel and wanted to go there again.

They only had to write back and say that at the time they are accepting bookings only for the 3 day offer, but could get back to me, nearer the time, if the rooms were available. Other hotels in VT seemed able to get back to me straightaway.

If it matters if you speak or write in English or Bulgarian then that is not much good either.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 pm

Bulgarian dont think like that , there idea would be if you can have three nights for prise of two , why would you book two ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gurko Hotel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gurko Hotel   Gurko Hotel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gurko Hotel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next