altText
altText
altText

Varna - Golden Sands

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doublevanos

Varna - Golden Sands Empty
PostSubject: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:14 pm

Hello

I'm thinking about (well, I am) getting out of Sofia on Friday morning and heading over to Golden Sands to take advantage of the long weekend - also, I haven't been over to the Black Sea coast before. However, the more I read, the more concerned I am that the place is still dead at this time of the year. Is that true? No doubt this is why the hotel was so cheap too...

I'm also aware that the weather is going to be rubbish looking at the forecast. Can anybody recommend things to do along with good bars and restaurants?

One last question - drive time from Sofia - is 5 hours about right?

Cheers in advance!

Mark
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:51 pm

hi the drive time is about right, cannot speak for golden sands but albena is only a few miles away and in may it is always under construction, work ongoing, dusty and desolate, pools not filled and noisy with construction and most of the shops shut. how a holiday area can survive 3 months of the year is beyond me, but the prices they charge more than make a pretty profit. good luck with your chosen break but not much activity in the north east at this time. i stayed in golden sands in september and very busy, came again in october it was shut. happy hunting. g s
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:50 am

Its normally not very busy at this time of year.....compared with full season...I honestly done know the state of play up there this year as have not popped along to see yet ...but
If you do find it too quiet for you..hop on a bus or grab a taxi and come into Varna....plenty to see and do and only 10 / 15 mins away... drop of at the Cathedral and walk down the pedestrain street to the centre , then you can carry on down to the beach area exploring all the way..... s.....in the sea gardens you will find some lovely secluded spots with resturants and cafes ,boating lake ,outdoor theater ,tennis courts ,the Observitory , the Aquarium and the outdoor Navel Museum .....have a good weekend break and hope the weather stays kind for you
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:03 pm

I'd say varnagirl has hit it on the nail its very quiet and I don't think the weather is helping either, you maybe better to spend this time elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:11 pm

It is very quiet at the moment I would say its quieter than usual for this time of year. s
Back to top Go down
Doublevanos

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Well I'm here and it is extremely quiet - unbelievable how any 'resort' can live off a season from June til September. There's more hookers pestering on the street than punters.

Anyway - at least I've been to have a look. Not sure I'd come back even if it was busier - the whole place is pretty poor in my opinion.

Still, the weather's been better than expected.

Thank you to everybody for your replies - I really do appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:56 am

I bet you wished you hadn't bothered now, Golden sands in my opinion is an appalling place for tourists and I agree with your comments "
the whole place is pretty poor in my opinion"
but it is popular amongst some.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:09 am

Blink wrote:
I bet you wished you hadn't bothered now, Golden sands in my opinion is an appalling place for tourists and I agree with your comments "
the whole place is pretty poor in my opinion"
but it is popular amongst some.

Shame ....as it was really , really lovely 20yrs ago ...but they have spoilt it ..IMHO....all in the name of progress...but, is it not the same with all the big resorts ,now concrete jungles
saying that I still wish the O/P a pleasant stay in the area..certainly got the weather for it...
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Your right varnagirl many years ago it was so beautiful but this is the price we all pay for so called progress and from my point of view I do think think that Golden sands will only go down from here on which is a great shame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Varna - Golden Sands   Varna - Golden Sands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Varna - Golden Sands

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1