What do people want?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

What do people want? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: What do people want?   What do people want? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 5:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am trying to find out what people, of any nationality, look for when buying property in Bulgaria. I ask because we have just started seriously trying to sell one of our two properties. I love both and really only bought the second because I fell in love with it and there is so little interest from banks.
However, I am absolutely drained of my energy showing people around ( we have had some private viewings) and I cannot get to the bottom of what people look for. I love my present home and the second renovated home which we were going to move into, but since I love both (bought from my heart) I am letting a buyer decide which one will go! Yes, I know this may not seem a professional way to go about things but I guess I was hoping that there was someone out there who would fall in love like me!
The village is beautiful with a river and streams, mountain views, accessability, no probs with services etc and a safe, friendly place to live. Very near the big towns of Veliko Turnovo, Gorna Oryhavitsa and Elena. Post office, a few small bars and shops and a bus service. What more could anyone want?
I keep thinking 'was I the only person who fell in love with my village and house? ' I have been to several other villages and none compare with the beauty of ours. So, given that the VT is the area of choice ( and not somewhere near the coast) what is going wrong? I know that I could sell tomorrow at the 10,000euro price range but would you seriously expect to find fully working BIG houses in a safe and beautiful village at that price? Get real. Yes there are loads of cheap properties on the internet because I've checked, and the pictures look very pretty BUT you get what you pay for and I would suggest that properties which we are offering in the negotiable region of 40,000euros are a much better bargain, needing no other renovation except some manageable DIY as you go along to make it your own.
I am sure there must be many many folks out there asking the same questions and I have tried another thread asking why did you choose your house? in order to find out the answers. Nothing much came out of that question, so I guess its just down to money. But 40,000euros is very cheap for a big liveable house and if you can't afford that don't bother to waste all our time viewing.
Yes, I have just wasted a lot of time and energy today showing my beautiful home to some people who arrived with friends and I am very tired. Not because they probably won't buy, they maybe just going to put in an offer, but because I am depressed they rushed once up the main village street and back and didn't stay for the hospitality I was planning to give them or walk around the village to see what else was on offer. Maybe I am just too romantic and sensitive for this property game which I never intended to play. I just fell in love with two houses. Silly me!!! What do people want? - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: What do people want?   What do people want? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:16 pm

OK a country that is warm all year round, were you can still eat for under 1 pound sterling i.e 12 jumbo tiger prawns for under a 1 pound sterling. Schooling the language is mandatory that it is English, The law is based on British law, once under the rule of the United Kingdom so still upholds its law. The infrastructure is brilliant. Loads of flights per day to the UK and now a low cost airline flies there every day. Medical care second to none. A growing economy, Property well within peoples budget that are thinking of moving. Some red tape but no more than Bulgaria had before they joined the EU Now folks its up to you to find out where it is,
Back to top Go down
fruitlover
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: What do people want?   What do people want? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:29 am

How about a country with no cheap imports, producing it's own quality goods and clothing where everyone can find employment doing work they can take pride in and receive fair remuneration for, so that everyone can afford the good quality items made to last. Where all clothes produced are stylish and comfortable, well cut to fit properly and keep you warm in winter and cool in summer free from stupid fashion gimmicks, where the people refuse to be held to ransom by the fashion industry arbitrarily raising and lowering lengths from season to season, and refuse to wear any clothes with the maker's name on unless they are paid to do so. A country where good quality furniture made from home grown wood and fibres is made to last a lifetime, where people can choose what they like enough to want to keep, instead of feeling they have to "
update"
purely for the sake of it, who change things only when their needs change. With sufficient capacity to produce enough surplus of these high quality good for export as is needed to balance any necessary imports. A country that uses it's land sensibly to produce quality organic food for everyone, where local producers flourish because they are supported by their community who have no need to seek the cheapest and therefore value fresh food that has not clocked up a heavy carbon footprint being transported many miles purely to undercut the local producer. A country with an economy that can provide enough good well built housing for everyone at an affordable price taking advantage of all modern and traditional energy efficiencies, never made to minimum sizes and crammed together, with every development providing ample play areas for all ages and plenty of facilities for old and young to intermingle or find peace if they wish. Where every district has and appreciates is baker, greengrocer, butcher, honest vehicle repair and supply garage, blacksmith, shoemaker, tailor &
dressmaker, everything you would hope to find on your favourite high street. Where pay rates for all work are good enough to enable a good balance of work time and free time, where everyone can have a good garden space if they wish and those who love gardening take care of the spaces of those who don't, so everyone can enjoy a garden if they want one. Where children are educated to have confidence in themselves and their individuality, taught how to value others and build supportive, lasting relationships, removing the need to cultivate an "
image"
through any external means. Where everyone is respected and valued for whatever part they play in their community, whether manual or academic, simple or advanced. Where everyone respects the right of individuals to choose their own belief system and live by it. That's what I'd be looking for - or looking to create!
Any comments?
Back to top Go down
BulgariaLawyer
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: What do people want?   What do people want? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi,

My exprience shows that the main buyers on the market in Bulgaria are the Russians. And among them most popular is Sunny Beach summer resort and Golden Sands near Varna. Veliko Turnovo is not so popular as destination. May be that is the reason you to have just English speaking buyers and they are looking for really cheap properties.

That's why your property is very good and in very good condition, but the market is like that - people are not keen to spent big sums for buying property.

Bulgaria Lawyer
Back to top Go down
sandra6
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: What do people want?   What do people want? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:59 pm

i agree with all thats being said, as my daughter &
i have our 2 houses for sale &
all thats been to look are time wasters on a day out or something, we are not as lucky as some as we need to go back to uk soon (not out of choice, family problems) &
we need to sell asap, but we have dropped our prices twice already still no real buyers, i wish you good luck with your sale, just think least you can sit in your other home &
have time to wait to sell, we will proberbly lose out big time, such is life. sandra

Last edited by 921 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What do people want?   What do people want? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:32 pm

sandra6 wrote:
i agree with all thats being said, asmy daughter &
i have our 2 houses for sale &
all thats been to look are time wasters on a day out or something, we are not as lucky as some as we need to go back to uk soon (not out of choice, family problems) &
we need to sell asap, but we have dropped our prices twice already still no real buyers, i wish you good luck with your sale, just think least you can sit in your other home &
have time to wait to sell, we will proberbly lose out big time, such is life. sandra

Unfortunately the world is a strange place to live at the moment, prices of properties have tumbled everywhere. Brits living in Spain, Portugal, Italy, France and of course us living here in Turkey (your next door neighbours so to speak) are all experiencing problems with selling. We have reduced the price of our property twice since putting it on the market and still not a lot of interest from buyers. German Turks and Russians appear to be the main buyers over here, not many Brits buying here this year.

If things go right we will be selling in a depressed market and buying in the same depressed market wherever we go, so Brits are really looking for a bargain in a bid to narrow the loss they have taken on the sale of their property. But if in the middle of all the selling and buying the market shifts considerably we can all get caught out so easily and lose a lot of money. Analysts have projected that property prices in most of Europe will not increase for some time, some have even mentioned 10 years before things start to pick up again. The whole thing is like a juggling act and hoping that nothing unexpected occurs whilst buying or selling, because at the end of the day we are dealing with what amounts to our life savings and things can go so seriously wrong. Nevertheless, we have to follow our instincts and do whatever we believe is the correct action given the circumstances at the time.

c c
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: What do people want?   What do people want? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:28 pm

If you have decided to move house and don't know where in the world to go next, the following survey might be of some help to you!!

[size=150:1tpbh057]France is No1 in a survey listing the best countries to live - with Britain 25th.

For the fifth year in a row it beat 200 countries in the annual three-decades-old International Living magazine Quality of Life Index. The rankings are: 1 France;
2 Australia;
3 Switzerland;
4 Germany;
5 New Zealand;
6 Luxembourg;
7 USA;
8 Belgium;
9 Canada;
10 Italy;
11 Netherlands;
12 Norway;
13 Austria;
14 Liechtenstein;
15 Malta;
16 Denmark;
17 Spain;
18 Finland;
19 Uruguay;
20 Hungary;
21 Portugal;
22 Lithuania;
23 Andorra;
24 Czech Rep;
25 UK.

Interesting that the UK can only manage 25th, no wonder we are all living somewhere else.

What do people want? - Page 3 2381841692 What do people want? - Page 3 2381841692
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do people want?   What do people want? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do people want?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3