altText

AGA Type Stove

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fido
Junior user
Junior user

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:43 am

On my last visit to Bulgaria I was looking to see if there is a solid fuel cooking stove available with oven/s and back boiler, equivalent to an AGA. I did find something that would do at a pinch but the hotplate was quite high so would not be ideal. Does anyone know of a suitable appliance available in Bulgaria or would I be best to source one in UK? I need one that will heat 6 or 7 radiators and I would be burning logs.
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:20 am

I think you will have much more choice in the UK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Chris
Chris

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:41 am

You could contact these people:
[url:2sswafo7]http:
//www.
prity-bg.
com/prity.
php?lang=en&
section=pechki[/url:2sswafo7]

Seem to have a wide range of stoves at various KW outputs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
fido
Junior user
Junior user

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:18 pm

I did look at the Prity range but could not find one that combined a cooker and back boiler.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Oh for an AGA, don't have to worry about the gas running out and brilliant for cooking.
g
c c c c
Back to top Go down
seven
Junior user
Junior user

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:03 am

Before you get a woodburning cooker you need to think about what your going to do in the summer, when you want to cook, if its 35 degrees plus!!! Also, quite of few friends of mine have fallen foul of the fact that a back boiler means that the majority of heat goes to the rads not the room its in. If you don't also have a fire it can leave you feeling chilly in the winter.

I bought my stove from the UK. Not cheap, but as I think my friends can contest too, it kept a whole house toasty warm to the point of opening windows in the depths of winter with no back boiler or radiators and also you have a choice in the UK from the most basic models, to the high tech, second burn variety.

I went for the all singing all dancing range and it meant that the chimney didn't coke up or need cleaning AT ALL during the winter = less fire risk.

I used the company 'stoves on line', I phoned and over a period of 3 months they guided me through the maze of choices. They narrowed the search down for me, as I gave them the full house specification, i.e. size, layout and level of insulation, = best type of stove to get. They also took the climate here into consideration. You also have all the extras i.e. fan convection for use to move hot air naturally around the house and floor venting, (just don't have a vent into the bedroom)... (like the Victorians used to have). They sell AGA and AGA type stoves too.

Good luck in your search. p.s. if you do decide to get one from the UK, just make use your not under any time restrictions to get it over here. Mine got stuck in Germany and took 10 weeks to get here in the end!!! Not the suppliers fault, but the couriers.
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:11 am

Yes, I realise it will only be used in winter so I will be getting a bottle propane fueled cooker as well for the summer. The range stoves normally have covers for the hotplates that you can open to let more heat into the room. On very cold days you can also leave the oven door open.
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:50 am

fido wrote:
I did look at the Prity range but could not find one that combined a cooker and back boiler.
On further investigation I have found there is a suitable one, the Prity W12. This produces 4Kw radiant heat plus 12Kw to the boiler and is shown on the Calor Romania website priced at 1300 lei, which is about £281 g
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... RIPRITYW12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AGA Type Stove Empty
PostSubject: Re: AGA Type Stove   AGA Type Stove Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AGA Type Stove

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1