Tourism industry to offer quality food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Tourism industry to offer quality food Empty
PostSubject: Tourism industry to offer quality food   Tourism industry to offer quality food Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:07 pm

[size=55:21p2d61l]MAF

The tourist industry should unite around the idea of offering better food during the upcoming summer season, urged the Minister of Agriculture and Food Dr. Miroslav Naydenov at a meeting with representatives of tourist organizations and companies in the town of Varna. The meeting was organized on the occasion of World Consumer Rights Protection Day. "
I understand that price pressure determines the supply of products with lower quality, especially in the ‘all inclusive packages', but this should not happen at the expense of consumers of tourism products and services,"
said Minister Naydenov. According to him Bulgaria attracts tourists not only with its beautiful beaches, but the delicious Bulgarian food too. Why should our prestige suffer, by low quality food offering?”.
The new Bulgarian Food Safety Agency was presented at the meeting. Its director, Dr. Yordan Voinov explained that with the establishment of the agency, all inspection bodies in food have merged into one, which will facilitate tourist industry. He warned, however, that during the upcoming summer season checks on safety and food quality would be more intensive. Hoteliers and tour operators should build such control systems that food products with expired validity not fall into the tourists’ menu, urged Dr. Voinov. In his words, tourists often complain of rotten food, due to which tour operators often suffer losses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: Tourism industry to offer quality food   Tourism industry to offer quality food Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:56 pm

Well if they get this right I'm sure it will go a long way to helping the tourist industry in Bulgaria one of the things I always complain about is the quality of the food that's offered but more importantly is how its presented and what they do with it before it reaches your table, I think that most of the restaurants in Bulgaria were set up by people who just want to make a living and have no real love for what they are doing and its the same for the Brits that move over here and think the easiest way to make a few leva is to sell dodgy food to the Brits because they are Brits they think that other Brits will want to use them but its only a matter of time before most realise that what you get from a Brit cook is no different from any other substandard food outlet. sorry if this offends but the truth often does!!!
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Tourism industry to offer quality food   Tourism industry to offer quality food Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Well put Lisa I must agree with all you have said I think the big problem in Bulgaria like so many other things is there isn't any real regulation and anybody who can make a cup of coffee can open up a café or restaurant which is very wrong and this I believe is why we get such sub-standard food and service Tourism industry to offer quality food 3023850720 Tourism industry to offer quality food 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tourism industry to offer quality food   Tourism industry to offer quality food Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:10 pm

scott wrote:
Well put Lisa I must agree with all you have said I think the big problem in Bulgaria like so many other things is there isn't any real regulation and anybody who can make a cup of coffee can open up a café or restaurant which is very wrong and this I believe is why we get such sub-standard food and service Tourism industry to offer quality food 3023850720 Tourism industry to offer quality food 3356871870

Right Scott. Unfortunately, in BG, what you say applies not only to restaurants and cafes, but any sphere of activity Tourism industry to offer quality food 794030042 Tourism industry to offer quality food 794030042 Tourism industry to offer quality food 794030042
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Tourism industry to offer quality food   Tourism industry to offer quality food Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 12:06 pm

I agree that the majority of "
tourist"
location restaurants need to buck their ideas up. I had to endure a night in Sunny Beach (NOT my favorite coastal resort) last summer - wandered out at night - sticking to the central parts, as I was alone. I ended up in a central restaurant I paid 20 Leva :shock:for a bit of greasy, fatty, cold pork and luke warm chips - the tables were crammed together - the noise from the surrounding bars/ restaurants was deafening. I guess a lot of tourists who come to SB will only see this side of Bulgaria.

I usually go to Sozopol - there I have found the most lovely little place right on the seafront - you can watch the sun set - the decor is good ie. it has not just been thrown together for the summer season. It is off the beaten track, their main customers are Bulgarian / Sofian holiday makers. The food is good and cheap for a seaside resort the three staff speak hardly any English.

There are good places to eat - but in the main tourist areas there is the "
cram 'em in - fill them with some dodgy food, and clear the table for the next lot"
attitude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourism industry to offer quality food   Tourism industry to offer quality food Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1