View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 7:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Yes Bulgaria is a bit like that so what do you wish you had done but did not do ?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:45 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
Today I did the things I didn't do the last three days but meant to!

8 x portions of Leek and Potato Soup made and frozen, 6 x Chicken, leek and blue cheese pasties baked and frozen, 8 x portions of chilli (2 eaten, 6 frozen), large amount of chicken liver paté️ made.

Will pay more attention to my 'to do' list next week! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Chris

God Chris your posts here always make me feel hungry I'll have to get some recipes from you
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ditto Nets

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Chris you sound like a chef is that your job ? The leak and blue cheese pasties sound good are they hard to make ? John
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:37 pm

I wanted to change the oil in my car but its rained all day and the garage is full of carp [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Didn't go to the big market / car boot at Silloth.

Weather decided that.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:22 am

Hi John

johnbaz wrote:
Chris you sound like a chef is that your job ? The leak and blue cheese pasties sound good are they hard to make ?

I'm not a chef, I just love cooking as I find it an easy way to unwind after a day spent at the keyboard.

The pasties are really easy to make, most of the Bulgarian shops stock frozen sheets of Puff Pastry (butter testo ) and we always have a few packs in our freezer so that if we make a batch of filling (savoury mince, chicken, etc.) then we can make a load of pasties which can be frozen after being baked and can be gently reheated in tin foil later.

The pasties we made last week were using leftover chicken from a Sunday roast. I chopped a few large leeks and softened them in a pan in butter (keep stirring so they don't stick). Once soft, sprinkle with flour and until all the butter has been absorbed ... keep stirring. At this point start to add some milk, this will turn into a nice thick sauce due to the flour. Next, throw in a few nice chunks of blue cheese (or any cheese come to think of it). When that's melted, add the shredded leftover chicken meat and mix well.

Next, take the defrosted sheets of pastry and cut into 'pastie sizes'. Spoon the meat/cheese/leek mixture into the middle and fold the pastry over, sealing the edges. Continue as above until all the mixture is used and you have all your pasties ready. Brush with beaten egg or milk. Place on a baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes at 180º.

Another good one is to soften chopped onions and diced carrots in butter, then add mince and brown. Sprinkle with a bit of flour again and add a bit of beef stock. Cook until the sauce has thickened then make pasties as above. The result is really tasty Cornish type pasties.

With both fillings, use salt and pepper to suit your own taste!

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 6:50 am

Hi Chris thanks , that is what i will do today . I will leave all the welding i have to do . Just joking Sue .
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Didn't get out riding on the horse or even take the other horse out on the cart for some exercise, didn't get the pig house cleaned out or the turkeys wings clipped but there's always tomorrow!

Did manage to get out of the village for a couple of hours and meet some nice people in town for a coffee and chat which doesn't happen very often.

Haven't managed to get any tea sorted yet or the animals in and bedded down for the night but that's on my "
next to do"
list.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Suzee I will have to go and have a rest now I am so tired reading about what you haven't done I thought I get a rest now before its too late for me to not do something that I should have done earlier
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Didn't get my hair cut.
The barber was shut today.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Well i didn't forget my sisters birthday . But i did have a confusing day first of all the builders where not coming . then they turned up . They are plastering my workshop and making a good job . But i had to stop work as they where there , So didnt get much done in the end .
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:01 pm

I didn't get cross or answer back when my nasty neighbour informed me my new 20 month old dachshund had been "
barking all morning"
. I knew that she hadn't because my son was in at the time! Our neighbour even complains that she can hear our doors squeak on their hinges, a plasterer plastering a wall and numerous other imagined noises. But hey, she goes on holiday when she gets the decorators in!! Sorry for the rant, but had to get it off my chest.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I did not do the shopping today [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] was too busy so am in the dog house now

Still tomorrow is another day

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Didn't get to have a look round the stalls.

Went to a car boot and market, should have been the last week before it closes until March.
Nobody there except the egg man, not his usual tractor and big trailer, just a little boxed in one behind a 4 track road vehicle, with trays of eggs and bags of potatoes and a big bag of turnips. All wind-swept.
Bought a tray of eggs, a bag of potatoes and a turnip.
Real eggs still covered in hen ****** and feathers, real turnip with lots of Cumbria still clinging to it, and a bag of real potatoes Wilja variety, not washed and steralised.

Good pratice for BG ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Well done M8 looks like it was a good day after all
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What didnt you do today ?   What didnt you do today ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What didnt you do today ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next