altText

Ripped off, any redress?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fido
Junior user
Junior user

Ripped off, any redress? Empty
PostSubject: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:13 pm

I have had my company in Bulgaria since January 2008. The first person I approached to do my accounts failed to do anything and I must admit I let it lapse for too long so I failed to do returns for 'o8 and '09. I finally thought I had them sorted in December last year when I asked an estate agent who advertise on Ebay to do them. I see they are still offering this service on Ebay UK. It looks like they just took my money and did nothing as I'm now told no financial reports have been published for my company. In UK I would be able to report them for suspected fraud but is there any equivalent redress in Bulgaria? I only have emails, no paper documentation for evidence.
Back to top Go down
Dobrich
Junior user
Junior user
Dobrich

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:26 pm

It would be interesting for all of us to know who these people are so that we can all make an informed decssion, as to' do you have any redress I don't know ? but we do have a lot of members on here who are all very experienced and may have some answers.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:14 am

If you report the company to Ebay they will do something about it. Ebay take a dim view of anyone contravening their rules and regulations.
Eric

c c c c c
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 6:11 am

this happened to someone we know, they had land in bulgaria for 6 years, paid a company in varna to deal with the paperwork and they did not do it either. it was easily sorted with some small fines to pay. redress non, the company had attitude.

we see it as a crime, unfortunently, in the eyes of the law.........it is a civil matter Ripped off, any redress? 3135333095.

it is the same in the uk, ok you can inform trading standards, but it is you that has to take the company to court. Ripped off, any redress? 794030042

I agree with the other poster, inform ebay. g
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:11 am

Report them to the Bulgarian financial Police. If they are ripping you off they are probably avoiding tax as well,a topic which is high on the Governments agenda. There is a branch of this Police department in every large Town Ripped off, any redress? 1430720830

I only threatened someone once with the Financial Police and had instant response.

Tony
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 7:35 am

Dobrich wrote:
It would be interesting for all of us to know who these people are so that we can all make an informed decssion, as to' do you have any redress I don't know ? but we do have a lot of members on here who are all very experienced and may have some answers.

My problem is that I cannot be 100% certain of what has or has not been published for my company as I didn't do the check myself. If anyone wants details they are welcome to send me a PM but obviously I don't want to put anything potentially libelous on an open forum.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:26 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Report them to the Bulgarian financial Police. If they are ripping you off they are probably avoiding tax as well,a topic which is high on the Governments agenda. There is a branch of this Police department in every large Town Ripped off, any redress? 1430720830

I only threatened someone once with the Financial Police and had instant response.

Tony

:Howdy:Good day Tony

Report them to the Bulgarian financial Police. Do they have a special or seperate division for these sort of things, because I find the BG police on the whole a total waste of space

I only threatened someone once with the Financial Police and had instant response, you were lucky, I truely wish I could report the same result, but I can't
If the Sofia Supreme Court's final documents awarded me and my family damages all legal costs and court fees amounting to nearly 10.000 euro are not forthcoming then all the threats in the world are not going to have any impact Ripped off, any redress? 794030042
I have now been imformed that if I want to persue it I need to engage and pay a lawyer to recover [size=150:1tempnq8]OUR MONEY. Has the world (Bulgaria) gone mad or have I Ripped off, any redress? 927475117 Has any member on this forum had the same misfortunes, if so how did you achieve a result
Only positive answers please Ripped off, any redress? 739492727
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Tony[/quote]

Good day Tony

Report them to the Bulgarian financial Police. Do they have a special or seperate division for these sort of things, because I find the BG police on the whole a total waste of space

I only threatened someone once with the Financial Police and had instant response, you were lucky, I truely wish I could report the same result, but I can't
If the Sofia Supreme Court's final documents awarded me and my family damages all legal costs and court fees amounting to nearly 10.000 euro are not forthcoming then all the threats in the world are not going to have any impact Ripped off, any redress? 794030042
I have now been imformed that if I want to persue it I need to engage and pay a lawyer to recover [size=150:245gbsvq]OUR MONEY. Has the world (Bulgaria) gone mad or have I Ripped off, any redress? 927475117 Has any member on this forum had the same misfortunes, if so how did you achieve a result
Only positive answers please Ripped off, any redress? 739492727[/quote]

I cannot comment on your personal circumstances. But I do think that we have heard the same story over and over again. Ripped off, any redress? 927475117

As where these Financial Police are you would have to ask in your own locality . They are like the Inland Revenue in the UK as best I understand.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Tony[/quote]

Good day Tony

I have now been imformed that if I want to persue it I need to engage and pay a lawyer to recover [size=150:33cjadd8]OUR MONEY. Has the world (Bulgaria) gone mad or have I Ripped off, any redress? 927475117 Has any member on this forum had the same misfortunes, if so how did you achieve a result
Only positive answers please Ripped off, any redress? 739492727[/quote]

I cannot comment on your personal circumstances. But I do think that we have heard the same story over and over again. Ripped off, any redress? 927475117

As where these Financial Police are you would have to ask in your own locality . They are like the Inland Revenue in the UK as best I understand.
Back to top Go down
adele3822

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 2:41 pm

I am presuming that you supplied this agent with a power of attorney and your company documents and stamp as if not he would not have been able to do this work for you, if you did this you have the proof they have comitted fraud go to an advocate they will commence legal proceedings if you have proof of the money you paid them go to the police yet again this is fraud which they tend to look at it as corruption so they is legal redress if you want further information please pm me I will do what I can to help have been helped other people in this situation
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 4:46 pm

adele3822 wrote:
this is fraud which they tend to look at it as corruption so they is legal redress if you want further information please pm me

Hi Adele

Welcome to the forum Ripped off, any redress? 1660588075

Can you please clarify that you are fully qualified and registered to give legal advice on such issues please?

If not, then please offer 'advice' from personal experience on open-forum, not via private messages.

If you are a fully registered lawyer / advocate / notary / etc., then carry on!

Many Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:12 pm

As adele says you should have some sort of redress but looking at how old this post is I should think he or she has sorted it by now?
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 am

Chris wrote:
adele3822 wrote:
this is fraud which they tend to look at it as corruption so they is legal redress if you want further information please pm me

Hi Adele

Welcome to the forum Ripped off, any redress? 1660588075

Can you please clarify that you are fully qualified and registered to give legal advice on such issues please?

If not, then please offer 'advice' from personal experience on open-forum, not via private messages.

If you are a fully registered lawyer / advocate / notary / etc., then carry on!

Many Thanks

Good point Chris no one unless qualified to do so should ever offer legal advice, I know sometimes we all think we are helping but advice from a none qualified person is bad advice and some people will listen to whats said and believe it even if its wrong so unless you are qualified the best advice you should offer is "
They should seek legal advice from a qualified person"
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:44 am

You have to the end of June to publish your companys report, but have you re registered your company??? Firstly you need to know if your company is re registered?? you have until Dec to get this done, you cant re register until you have sorted out your tax, you cant publish your companies report until you have re registered. So my advise to you would be to try to find out exactly what has and has not been done.

Willowsend I fully agree with you regarding the police and I feel your story should be told again and again as you achieved something and people should be aware. I am afraid that as for the fraud part of the police they never seem to do anything. so Tony you must be a very lucky person
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:46 am

Fletch wrote:
You have to the end of June to publish your companys report, but have you re registered your company??? Firstly you need to know if your company is re registered?? you have until Dec to get this done, you cant re register until you have sorted out your tax, you cant publish your companies report until you have re registered. So my advise to you would be to try to find out exactly what has and has not been done.

Willowsend I fully agree with you regarding the police and I feel your story should be told again and again as you achieved something and people should be aware. I am afraid that as for the fraud part of the police they never seem to do anything. so Tony you must be a very lucky person

As I said in my first post, my company was started in Jan. 2008 so it is on the new system and does not need to be re-registered. I was back in Bulgaria a few weeks ago to sort this out with a new accountant. I have now been shown how to check the accounts publishing on the appropriate website so I will be able to confirm that the 2010 return is in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ripped off, any redress?   Ripped off, any redress? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ripped off, any redress?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Information about buying property and living in Bulgaria-