Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Empty
PostSubject: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Antoinette Bojinova: will develop minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup ( The translation isn't brilliant sorry )

"
We will continue to allow each manufacturer to produce its own recipe,"
she said in an interview with "
Regal"
Executive Director of the Union of Fruit and Vegetables

- Why do you want to regulate the production of canned fruit and vegetables through industry regulations?

Because all members of the Union of processing the fruits and vegetables with an ever growing trend to market canned fruits and vegetables of a quality product away from the typical Bulgarian taste, and with "
questionable nutritional value"
. Unfortunately, more and more manufacturers are seeking to meet the "
requirement"
for dealers to increasingly lower and lower cost, without paying attention to quality.

- How will the trade organization sort this out?

For several years the question of what and how it should be regulated has been under discussion by the members of our organization. We came to the conclusion that no more than necessary to develop and adopt what we called "
minimum quality / branch requirements for production of chutney and ketchup, respectively, while retaining the possibility for any manufacturer to produce its own recipe. The main idea of our proposal is that minimum quality parameters should be developed. As a good example at European level we can point out the standards of the Association of juices and nectars in the EU - AIJN-COP.

- What should the minimum regulations be for chutney and ketchup, what must be explicitly stated in them?

To be called 'Chutney' a product offering to be produced mainly from pepper or red pepper paste, tomato purée or tomato ketchup for the traditional and the production of so-called. "
Home-made chutney"
be added roasted peeled peppers. The amount of starch input is no more than 2% do not contain preservatives and colourings, dry refractometer at 20 ° C is 20%.
In dry ketchup is 20%, tomato paste input is at least 20% do not contain dyes, preservatives are not more than 0.2%.

- What should be the way for approval of these standards?

They must be adopted after serious discussions with authorized institutions - the Ministry of Agriculture and Food - The Agency for Food Safety, and research units. Food Law justifies these minimum quality requirements to be approved and adopted as national and monitor their implementation by the supervisory authorities.

- If accepted, what will be the fate of the other products the same name, will they still be known as chutney and ketchup?

Our proposal is that all other products that do not meet "
minimum quality / branch requirements, bear different names of chutney and ketchup - as"
pomazanka "
respectively"
sauce for pizza / sandwiches or more. We believe that this initiative will bring back consumer confidence and preserve Bulgarian taste of tomato.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:35 pm

The only minimum requirement is that they are "
Heinz"
, "
Branston"
, "
HP"
, "
Colmans"
or "
Hellmanns"
Bulgarians are not capable of getting anywhere near those standards whatever they may try. Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 2381841692 Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 2381841692 Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 2381841692 Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 1865348797 Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 1865348797 Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 1865348797 s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 2:48 pm

I disagree their flavour when cooking food is loverly,and so differant to western cooking,the flavours are second to none

Mike
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:09 pm

mickhev wrote:
I disagree their flavour when cooking food is loverly,and so differant to western cooking,the flavours are second to none

Mike

You're quite right, Mike, their flavours are second to about two thousand and twenty six and perfectly reflect the standard of everything Bulgarian. s s s s s s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Either accept their way and enjoy their way or go back to England and enjoy the crap,i made my choice and dont regret it,village life and cooking is loverly

Mike
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:59 pm

mickhev wrote:
Either accept their way and enjoy their way or go back to England and enjoy the crap,i made my choice and dont regret it,village life and cooking is loverly

Mike

Overall, I have not lived in England as such in over 30 years, but in Russia, France, Malta, the Middle East and a few other places. I have no intention of "
going back"
to England because I no longer even consider I am from there.

If you read my post carefully, you will appreciate that I did not even mention "
cooking"
My focus was centered on mass-produced chutneys and ketchups, etc. I have nothing against Bulgarian cooking or village life for that matter. s s s s s s s s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:34 pm

"
Heinz"
, "
Branston"
, "
HP"
, "
Colmans"
or "
Hellmanns"

Are these not English then George,or have i missed something

Mike
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Yes, you appear to have missed quite a lot, Mike. Firstly what difference does it make if they are English or not? I was not basing my premise on their being English or not, but on quality. Hellmanns has nothing to do with England as such - it was started up by a German in the US. You'll find none of the other manufacturers are English as such either. These branded products have become international and are both produced (under license) and marketed worldwide. Naturally, none of them are actually manufactured in Bulgaria because Bulgarians are incapable of using the relevant technology.

Regards, George.
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:55 pm

Your wrong George they are Unilever is a British-Dutch multinational corporation that owns many of the world's consumer product brands in foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products.

Unilever is a dual-listed company consisting of Unilever N.V. in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and Unilever PLC in London, United Kingdom so they are very much as british as heinz

Mike
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Calm down chaps! Does it really matter? At the end of the day, nothing beats a home-made chutney (which in Bulgaria is dirt cheap to make) T
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:03 pm

I like your thinking there Chris who cares really Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 1865348797 Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 1865348797 Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:10 am

mickhev wrote:
Your wrong George they are Unilever is a British-Dutch multinational corporation that owns many of the world's consumer product brands in foods, beverages, cleaning agents and personal care products.

Unilever is a dual-listed company consisting of Unilever N.V. in Rotterdam, The Netherlands and Unilever PLC in London, United Kingdom so they are very much as british as heinz

Mike

As I said, Mike, Hellmanns was founded in the US by a German (In 1905, two years after arriving in the United States, German immigrant Richard Hellmann opened up a delicatessen in New York City. His wife's delectable recipe for mayonnaise was featured in salads and sold in the deli), Heinz was founded in Sharpsburg (a suburb of Pittsburgh), Pennsylvania, in 1869 by entrepreneur Henry John Heinz. Unless you consider the US is part of the UK, then you are wrong and that's all she wrote.

Regards, George.

Last edited by 42 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal of antagonistic last line)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:56 am

If this thread does not get back on topic soonest (and I mean Chutney, not the origins of multi-nationals), then it will be locked and put in the bin.

This is not a place for playground quarrels.

Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup 3628201804
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup   Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minimum quality requirements for chutney and ketchup

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1