altText
altText
altText

British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio Empty
PostSubject: British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio   British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:59 pm

British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio book

byThe Sofia Echo staff

A former assistant editor at The Sofia Echo, John Dodds, has had his gritty Scottish crime novel, Bone Machines, released as a free audio book through podiobooks.com.

Using his background as an arts publicist, Dodds created a new type of serial killer thriller, featuring an artist who makes public sculptures out of the bones of his victims.

Dodds says: "
Unlike many mystery novels, readers know the identity of the killer from the outset. What I was aiming for was a psychological thriller, rather than a whodunit."

Dodds has previously had numerous short stories published, in print, online, and audio format. Three of them received honourable mention in The Year’s Best Fantasy and Horror anthology (St. Martin’s Press). And leading fantasy and science fiction author, Michael Moorcock, said: "
John is one of the most promising new writers I have read for some time. I highly recommend his work."

Coming to live in Bulgaria has provided the perfect environment for Dodds to pursue his writing, he says, adding: "
I live in a quiet village in the beautiful Stara Planina mountains. Since coming here, I’ve written a sequel to Bone Machines, called Kali’s Kiss, for which I am trying to find a literary agent. My third novel is set in Bulgaria, about an American private detective employed to track down a blackmailing wife."

He jokes: "
Romantic fiction publisher, Melange Books in the US, have already taken two long stories from me, which they liked so much they’ve asked me to write a whole anthology, provisionally called Warriors and Wenches. Which is funny, given I normally write horror and hard case crime. But it turns out I can write raunchy historical and paranormal romance, too!"

Bone Machines, the podcast, can be downloaded from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], through iTunes and other podcatchers. Get the paperback from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or the free e-book from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Book description

Bone Machines by John Dodds

They suffer for his art…

When a number of women are reported missing in Glasgow, the spectre of a previous spate of unsolved disappearances in the city rears its head. Journalist Ray Bissett is drawn into the case when his daughter joins the ranks of the missing. And ambitious police detective Tom Kendrick won’t let Ray forget a terrible incident from his past which resulted in the death of a young boy.

Damaged lives and dark secrets. The streets of Glasgow haunted by the ghosts of the missing. And an artist driven by a deadly inspiration.

John Dodds' blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio Empty
PostSubject: Re: British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as a   British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Or you can read the book here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... chines.pdf British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio 3356871870
Back to top Go down

British writer in Bulgaria releases acclaimed novel as audio

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1