altText
altText
altText

Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Empty
PostSubject: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 pm

From Novinite

The promise of the German concessionaires of Fraport that Varna airport will overtake Western modern airports is met, at least with regard to the prices in restaurants, said the disappointed citizens who yesterday waited five hours flight to Sofia.

"
It's not in Bulgaria. Coffee of 5 Euro is probably normal, but at Frankfurt airport, "
said citizens who said they preferred to remain in their cars to their senders, instead of eating and sipping on prices in the western bar in Terminal 1. And the parking lot, however they had seemed "
salty"
. Each started hour there, $ 2 item. Free is only the first 10 minutes of stay. According to customers need to have some relief when the flight is delayed.

Due to thick fog the flight of Bulgaria Air to Sofia was carried out instead at 8 am until after 15 pm Most of its passengers prezaveriha tickets. Was redirected to Burgas and flight Vienna-Varna-Vienna.

"
National Affairs to ascertain the"
supersonic "
prices of the airport. Bar in Terminal 1 offers Lavazza coffee for 4.95 leva, Coke half a liter of 8 tea Tuinings - 3.80, iced tea - 7, mineral water - 4 chocolate "
Mars"
- 4 , 80, triangular sandwich - 9 chips for $ 10 and all sorts of other goodies. We run promotional coffee plus orange juice for 12 leva

For comparison, the Frankfurt airport, which is also owned by Fraport in MakKafe can drink espresso for 1.49 euros. Hot Dark Chocolate is available for 1.99 euros. Chicken burger - for 2.69 euros. One of the many luxurious facilities advertised on the site of Fraport crispy baguette with chicken and a Coke for 6.80 euros. For three euros you can drink apple juice.

Paid parking is however much more expensive than in Varna. For example, for 30 minutes stay in Germany to pay 2.5 euros. For 4 euros for each count started hour. If you leave your car for a week, you must pay 64 euros.

The airport: The selected companies offer quality services

Various outlets, including coffee bars, fast food and parking within the airport, operated by companies specializing in providing quality services in the field and selected according to established procedures, commented from the airport.

At Terminal 1 at Varna airport has different types of institutions located in the public area and security area. The aim is to predlozheno greatest possible variety of places where travelers can spend their time waiting for flights.

Free stay in the territory of the cars at the airport is 10 minutes. According to the management that's enough for every guest to park, easy to unload your luggage and proceed to check-in and for any senders to leave the aerodrome.

Bourgas seaside capital ahead with 670,000 passengers

Expensive coffee did not stop tourists. Growth in passengers and flights registered in 2010 as a whole airports in Varna and Burgas operated by Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD. 3,121,551 is the total number of passengers served by two airports during the year. 28,414 flights are served. 5731.12 metric tons of cargo was handled. It is noteworthy difference in increasing passenger flow between Bourgas and Varna. In the southern city are served by about 670 000 more passengers. C served 1,894,109 passengers in 2010 Burgas Airport recorded 11.12 percent growth over the previous year. Height 1.30 percent marked the flights serving the southern airport. Varna is registered growth of only 0.6 percent of total passengers and have served 1,227,442. The total number of flights operated for the past 12 months at Varna Airport is 12 577.

Germany and Russia key markets

The main markets for the Varna airport and this year are Germany, Russia and Bulgaria, followed by Britain, Israel, Poland and Austria. For the first time in some of the summer the Russian tourists, served at Varna airport, exceeded in number of travelers to and from Germany.

Destinations and from which it has traveled most of Varna during the year are: Moscow, Sofia, Tel Aviv, Vienna and London. New directions, entered the summer schedule of Varna airport during the year were to destinations in Russia, Poland and Scandinavia. And tourists returning from Kuwait. Show a substantial increase in passengers from Slovenia, Poland and Moldova.

The data show movement of the aviation and tourism market in 2009 after a difficult key markets for marine airports serving major tourist charters to and from the Bulgarian Black Sea coast, are Germany, Russia and Britain.

Start construction of new terminals

By Fraport identified as the most important event in the development of airports in Varna and Burgas in last year approved the detailed development plans for both airports, allowing the start of a broader long-term investment program of Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD. Were designed new passenger terminals, the work of world renowned designers of Halkrou Group, Pascal and Watson and their Bulgarian counterparts "
SavantElbul. Made was the extension of the platform gate at Bourgas Airport. Started construction of new buildings of the administration, cargo, fire in Burgas, clearing land for construction in Varna, the second step of clearing the land in Bourgas and others.

At the end of the year, Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD launched and the procedure for selecting a contractor for construction of new airport terminals at both airports sea, scheduled to start this year.

Last edited by 1 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Never been to Varna airport, but we found that Istanbul airport was the most expensive we've been to.
Having travelled around quite a bit, we expect to pay premium prices at an airport. Can't remember exactly
how much we paid for 2 teas but don't think we got much change from £10!
We now try to avoid buying food or drink at airports (being Scottish!!) but if the flight is delayed sometimes there's no option!
As there's nowhere else to go, I expect retailers can charge what they like.

Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm

Scunnered wrote:
Never been to Varna airport, but we found that Istanbul airport was the most expensive we've been to.
Having travelled around quite a bit, we expect to pay premium prices at an airport. Can't remember exactly
how much we paid for 2 teas but don't think we got much change from £10!
We now try to avoid buying food or drink at airports (being Scottish!!) but if the flight is delayed sometimes there's no option!
As there's nowhere else to go, I expect retailers can charge what they like.

Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

I've never quite understood why people buy any food at airports at all. As far as Varna is concerned, I would drive into Aksakovo and have a snack there before going to the airport, checking by phone if any delays and just having more coffee if there were. I would do similar in Moscow, Malta or wherever. When in the UK, I would just buy sandwiches in the supermarket and some drinks and have them at the airport. Who wants to pay 5 Euros for a coffee? except, maybe, bankers, who could probably treat themselves to three dozen or so. s s s s s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Yes, that would okay if you knew where to go! If you are in a strange city that's not always possible.
You can't take drinks past security now anyway.
It's a sellers market!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Scunnered wrote:
Yes, that would okay if you knew where to go! If you are in a strange city that's not always possible.
You can't take drinks past security now anyway.
It's a sellers market!

Hi scunnered,

I didn't mean taking any drinks on the plane or into the secure zone - I meant before going through the departure gate.

Strange cities don't make any difference (to me, at any rate). I've done it first time in Helsinki, first time in Paris, wherever. It just takes a bit of nous, which everyone (I think) will have if they put their mind to it!

Yes, it is a sellers market if you succumb to high-priced airport prices! s s s s s s
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 pm

I totally agree with you, but not so easy when you've got 4 children tagging along! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:56 pm

yes, in a cornered market, they can charge what they want, but if their prices were reasonable you would buy more. i have taken food and drinks with me, but the drink is warm and a four hour old egg butty is not nice. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Scunnered wrote:
I totally agree with you, but not so easy when you've got 4 children tagging along! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is certainly true. I must admit I was taking a bit of a blinkered view and thinking of travelling alone or with one other or more adults. s s s s s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:09 pm

I have been to Varna Airport and the food is expensive and is horrible as well. Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

Sofia Airport just don't bother. Food bad and service is also bad. Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

But then you have the other option eat on the plane but then if you travel BA or Bulgaria Air then it is horrible as well. Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

Easy Jet not too bad but you have to pay extra for it.

As George has said it is a sellers market. Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

Maybe its best just to starve for a day g
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:21 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
I have been to Varna Airport and the food is expensive and is horrible as well. Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

Sofia Airport just don't bother. Food bad and service is also bad. Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

But then you have the other option eat on the plane but then if you travel BA or Bulgaria Air then it is horrible as well. Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

As George has said it is a sellers market. Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 927475117

I've never eaten at either of those airports, so can't comment on that. Did have a couple of vodkas at Varna airport and that was fine, though pricey s s

I haven't flown BA or BG air for over three years, but it was never so bad, or was it?

I'll always remember Qatar Air in the 80's when I was in the Middle East - truly the best food I've ever eaten on a plane, though maybe a bit "
oily"
Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 2381841692 Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 2381841692 Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 1865348797 Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport 1865348797 s s s s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:25 pm

tonyb60 wrote:

Have never been to Varna Airport, but airports across Turkey are just as expensive. Gatwick Airport prices used to be high, but over the past few years the prices have come down and MacDonalds is now a reasonable cost, good old Ronald MacDonald!!

s s s s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:05 am

itchyfeet wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:

Have never been to Varna Airport, but airports across Turkey are just as expensive. Gatwick Airport prices used to be high, but over the past few years the prices have come down and MacDonalds is now a reasonable cost, good old Ronald MacDonald!!

s s s s

OMG Macdonalds I would rather eat paper. It is an excuse for food. The only thing that is nice is the Milkshakes but they are usually out of stock. Sorry but YUK!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport   Passengers complain: ultra high prices at Varna Airport Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1