altText

Flu Jabs for Kids

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Flu Jabs for Kids Empty
PostSubject: Flu Jabs for Kids   Flu Jabs for Kids Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:39 pm

This has been a topic on the news of late. But I must admit I am some what bemused.

When we lived in the UK all the at risk people were invited to have the jabs in October and November, and to the best of my knowledge that has not changed. So why the young children cannot have jabs now is beyond me. Is it because the so called at risk community are now becoming scared and now want the jabs they ignored. If that is the case then TOUGH.

Plus if the Parents of the under 5's want to pay the likes of Tesco/ Boots etc. for the jabs why should they be refused. Again another case of British bureaucracy going mad.

Just for the record we paid for ours back in October when we should have had them done. No free hand outs for expats.

My little rant over, any other opinions?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Flu Jabs for Kids Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flu Jabs for Kids   Flu Jabs for Kids Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:50 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
This has been a topic on the news of late. But I must admit I am some what bemused.

When we lived in the UK all the at risk people were invited to have the jabs in October and November, and to the best of my knowledge that has not changed. So why the young children cannot have jabs now is beyond me. Is it because the so called at risk community are now becoming scared and now want the jabs they ignored. If that is the case then TOUGH.

Plus if the Parents of the under 5's want to pay the likes of Tesco/ Boots etc. for the jabs why should they be refused. Again another case of British bureaucracy going mad.

Just for the record we paid for ours back in October when we should have had them done. No free hand outs for expats.

My little rant over, any other opinions?

Haven't seen this in the news, Tony, but the gist is the "
at risk"
community now want free jabs and the deadline has expired? Well, then they should pay.

Must admit I haven't bothered and will risk it because whenever I have had them done, I ALWAYS did get flu and not a mild case either. Nothing this year without the jab, touch Boyko's head.

Regards, George
Back to top Go down

Flu Jabs for Kids

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1