Christmas nostalgia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Christmas nostalgia   Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:22 am

First topic message reminder :

I have been reading elsewhere about what people maybe doing for Christmas if they are staying in Bulgaria. It has set me thinking. Much as I love our village and have enjoyed a Christmas party with neighbours one year and given one myself the next, I have to say, even the children's Christmas party in the Community Hall cannot compensate for my family Christmases past and I wondered what other people here in Bulgaria think? It is the one celebration that means very little to me here. I planned, prepared, bought the presents, travelled long distances and generally adored the whole process of a family celebration at my parent's home. 32 years is far too long to ever forget. I have spent the last few years spending it happily with my partner but do not feel the need to go visiting or drinking anywhere but in my new home with him. I am not sad but just don't find it necessary to find compensations for Christmases past.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Christmas nostalgia   Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:18 am

oldun wrote:
I really sympathise with you when you had lost your purse.
I agree with oldun... I had my wallet stolen four years ago in Sofia ... horrible situation and I can sympathise with anyone that's been through it.

However, it seems whenever I tell any of our friends the story, even though they sympathise, they always end up in fits of laughter!

Here's what happened...

We met some clients of ours at the Rodina Hotel in Sofia on a dark winters evening around 4 years ago. One of said clients needed a 'top-up' card for his mobile phone but was, strangely, very wary of going out to get one himself. I offer to accompany him to a nearby cigarette kisok that I knew happened to sell the cards.

Mission accomplished we set off back for the Rodina. Within striking distance of the hotel we are called gently by a young, rather attractive, roma girl. Thinking she was lost or in trouble we ask if we can help. The aforementioned ‘girl’ then takes a vice-like grip on my testicles and asks if I would “like to play” (not that I would have been in any fit state given the grip she currently had on that particular part of my anatomy). I explain that I was happily married and didn't “play” with other girls and managed finally to extract my somewhat now withered bits from her grip.

We continue on our way, albeit somewhat slower due to my impaired condition.

This is when we discover my wallet had gone missing during this episode. The rather clever little thing had somehow (with her spare hand evidently) unzipped my inside jacket pocket and somehow extracted my wallet.

I wasn't so worried about the bit of cash I had in the wallet, more brassed off at having to cancel all my cards, etc.

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Christmas nostalgia   Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 10:29 am

ChrisQBG wrote:

I wasn't so worried about the bit of cash I had in the wallet, more brassed off at having to cancel all my cards, etc.

Cheers
Chris

I see what you mean Chris a difficult one to explain
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Christmas nostalgia   Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:22 pm

I thought I would bring this topic to life again as its getting close and we have a lot more members now who can add their thoughts Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 3356871870
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Christmas nostalgia   Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:51 pm

oddball wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We all love Christmas the decorations. turkey, card, shopping, wrapping the pressies, the family and friend visitng - Christmas is the same which ever country you are in, but how you celebrate it makes the world of difference.

We all have our triditions and its good to keep them alive too. Ours is to have a family 'high tea' the Sunday before Christmas - Then the children are not torn between which set of parents to visit and they can have their own Christmas in their own house with their children.
Our two sons and our daughter and their family totals 18 immediate family members come to us and we celebrate Christmas. We have a wonderful day. The children just love it and they in turn will follow this tridition for years to come.

Our family Christmas as a child was not about the presents, it was about the family, the school play, the carol singing and most of all the christmas dinner, which was the main attraction - We were a very big family and to have so much food in the house was magnificent. We never had deserts but Easter and Christmas day we had jelly and custard WOW!!!! it was fantastic. I miss those special times, but we move on and make our own special times with our families. In years to come, they too will think as we od today - 'We miss our special Christmas' [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oddy

It's almost that time of year again Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 2706089290- Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 405927828 How are we all coping Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 2345823347

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Christmas nostalgia   Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:34 pm

So how are you all spending your Christmas this year and are any of you going back to the uk for the festive season and to be with your families? s
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Christmas nostalgia   Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:58 pm

I will be spending my Christmas with the local people in the village who have invited us to their festivities so its a learning curve for us but one which I know we will enjoy and look forward to Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas nostalgia   Christmas nostalgia - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas nostalgia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2