Recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Newerwaves
Junior user
Junior user
Newerwaves

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 8:58 am

Thought I'd start a thread on any music recommendations you can give. I'll start off

Ashes Divide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
This is a group whose album I've been listening to constantly for like 4 months now and it just hasn't got old for me. The guys called Billy Howerdel and has been the guitar tech for bands such as Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, etc. Before Ashes, he was in A Perfect Circle (well back in it again now). Its genre is rock, with a good amount of atmosphere and emotion.

Gregory and the Hawk [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Ah man, what can I say about this lovely girl and her music. Its soft, heart swelling and her voice is simply amazing. Yes, I do have a slight crush on her, but that's not why I like her music. Genre type is soft, easy to listen, a little bit indie.

Jimmy Chamberlin Complex [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The man, the legend, Jimmy Chamberlin. In my opinion, the best drummer in modern music. He started drumming in jazz and you can tell. His first band was the Smashing Pumpkins and he's had multiple albums and singles with them that hit the charts several times in the past. He has made rock drumming so much more interesting, because he has his very own style. The Complex is his first solo record. The genre is jazz/rock with a little bit of prog (Don't let that put you off, cos it is simply amazing)
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Recommendations Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations   Recommendations Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:59 pm

This isn't my thing but you might want to look in the whats on forum for more ideas.
Back to top Go down

Recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1