AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

intasure Empty
PostSubject: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Copied and pasted from another forum

I have just received this inPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:44 am Post subject: Intersure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I have just received my renewal notice from Intasure, due this month. They have informed me that they will not be renewing my policy, as they can no longer [size=150:11xofz3d]insure ex-pats in Bulgaria.

Willowsend writes from experience and information taken from their small print (rules, regulations and contract)

If INTASURE are not going to re-new your policy they must adhere to a material fact of giving you 28 day's notice and that must be delivered by registered mail or recorded delivery

On a personal note, as most of you will know we had our villa completely gutted, and they have not paid us even the cost of a postage stamp
I wonder why they have published that they will not insure ex-pats in Bulgaria anymore, I think the answer must have somthing to do with fraud, criminals and organised crime within the country
I am now insured with a Bulgarian Company from Sofia. Their agent came to the villa , did a complete inventory, took photos and serial numbers of all moveable goods, ie TV, fridge, cooker microwave etc etc. and it cost much the same as Intasure. Please pm me if you would like any more information intasure 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:43 pm

A case of taken the money form customers but now its getting hot they have ran off with it. to much of a risk I would say s
Back to top Go down
Farscape

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:00 pm

Sent an email to Intasure today to see if they had stopped covering Bulgaria, this is the response...
Quote :
Thank you for your e-mail, could you please forward your policy number to us so that we can confirm your policy is still live. We are currently not taking on any new business or renewals for main residences in Bulgaria. If you have a policy with us then we will not have cancelled half way through the cover because it is a main residence so your policy will still be active for the years insurance. If it is still the companies policy when your renewal is due not to cover main residences in Bulgaria then when we send out our renewal quotes three weeks before the cover is due, we will contact you then advising that we are not going to be offering a renewal premium.

With kind regards,
John ********
Intasure
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
0845 111 0680
Intasure, Suffolk House, George Street, Croydon, CR0 1PE
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority
Phone +44 (0)20 8274 6777
Fax +44 (0)20 8274 6778
Back to top Go down
http://www.bghomes.info
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:05 pm

So when the going gets tuf the insurance Co's are gone intasure 3135333095 surely your not surprised at this ? how do you think they make their money? show me an honest Bookie and Ill show you an honest insurance company intasure 794030042
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 pm

Well it looks to me like they are baling out? we all know that there is still a lot to be done in Bulgaria as far as crime is concerned so at the moment the odds are against them, maybe in a few years they will be back when the risk is lower intasure 3356871870
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm

I notice Intasure's office is in Croydon, just around the corner from where the Krays used to operate, perhaps they have a little problem there as well.

intasure 2381841692 intasure 2381841692 intasure 2381841692
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:36 pm

Intasure !!
well i have been an agent for Intasure for nearly 2 years and I have heard absolutely nothing about this now surely I would have !!
But I will be phoning them tomorrow to find out the situation and will keep you posted.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:14 pm

jenny2803 wrote:
Intasure !!
well i have been an agent for Intasure for nearly 2 years and I have heard absolutely nothing about this now surely I would have !!
But I will be phoning them tomorrow to find out the situation and will keep you posted.

That will be a very good idea as there are many people in Bulgaria and some in Spain who are very concerned about their present and future cover with this company
I know a number of people who will not be happy with the knowledge of knowing that their home will not be insured in the future
I hope that if you contact Mr Farley you get a response. I have contacted him by registered mail and he hasn't even had the decency to personally reply,
the last letter I received, dated 8th November wasn't even signed by anybody although it did have a claims manager's name (Andy Hale) at the bottom of the one sentence letter
Insurance Companies are getting a bad name for wriggling out of situations and as far as I am concerned Intasure are one of these. I am a victim, having done nothing wrong and followed the professional advice and experience of my lawyer

Insurance companies are quick enough to take our money, but will make it as difficult as possible when a claim is made intasure 794030042

If you would like to read more about the situation I and my family found ourselves in, read Property related Fraud on various forums, over 80,000 viewings and 400 replies

Good luck with your phone call tomorrow
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 pm

jenny2803 wrote:
Intasure !!

Yes, the Krays used to own "
Scarlets Night Club"
in Purley, only a stones throw from Croydon - I am certain if Intasure don't pay up some of their policies that Bunny Harris who used to collect debts for the Krays will only be too pleased to help out. Unfortunately he did have a habit of cutting off ears if people didn't pay up, this did leave them in at a disadvantage when wearing a hat because there was nothing to stop it sliding over the face!!!!!

s s intasure 2381841692 intasure 2381841692
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:35 pm

we are with uniqa in bulgaria, they are an international company and did full inventory of goods with photos and copies of receipts. if we buy anything new, just take a photo and receipt and they add it to the policy. we have them for the car as well, fully comp, take a yearly photo of the car for the current state of condition. they seem on the ball but we have never made a claim yet, so who knows.
in the uk, we had a hotel in blackpool, roof got wind damage and the assessor said they could not pay out as we were too near the sea and we had not told them. in blackpool many hotels are near the sea, they cancelled our policy on the 24 of december leaving us without insurance cover. bad that was. intasure 3998065313
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:45 pm

I Have a friend who had Bulgarian Insurance and had a flood last year, Suite ruined, kitchen cupboards ruined walls needed replastered boarded, floorboards relayed and sorted repainted etc etc the list goes on. Bulgarian insurance paid out 211 leva !!
On the same thing we got flooded badly loads of things ruined Intasure paid out in full no questions asked sum was nearly 6ooo pounds

As I said I will keep you updated
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 am

starlite wrote:
we are with uniqa in bulgaria, they are an international company and did full inventory of goods with photos and copies of receipts. if we buy anything new, just take a photo and receipt and they add it to the policy. we have them for the car as well, fully comp, take a yearly photo of the car for the current state of condition. they seem on the ball but we have never made a claim yet, so who knows.
in the uk, we had a hotel in blackpool, roof got wind damage and the assessor said they could not pay out as we were too near the sea and we had not told them. in blackpool many hotels are near the sea, they cancelled our policy on the 24 of december leaving us without insurance cover. bad that was. intasure 3998065313
starlite
I can't believe that an assessor told you they could not pay for a wind damaged roof because your hotel was to near the sea. Well I must be stupid to say that, of course I can believe it because you omitted a material fact when you took out your policy, how silly of you, you should have known better (tongue in cheek)

I am in the process of talking to the BBC Watchdog programme about the way Intasure have dealt/not dealt with our situation

Contact Us
Send your story to Watchdog and it could feature in an upcoming programme.If you have a story you'd like Watchdog to investigate, we'd love to hear from you. Choose the subject heading which your story best fits into then fill out the form leaving details of your story.

We may wish to contact you to discuss your story further, so please don't forget to fill out the form leaving your email address or contact phone number.

If you have problems using the form below, you can email your story to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:54 am

jenny2803 wrote:
I Have a friend who had Bulgarian Insurance and had a flood last year, Suite ruined, kitchen cupboards ruined walls needed replastered boarded, floorboards relayed and sorted repainted etc etc the list goes on. Bulgarian insurance paid out 211 leva !!
On the same thing we got flooded badly loads of things ruined Intasure paid out in full no questions asked sum was nearly 6ooo pounds

As I said I will keep you updated

Would that be because you are an agent.
We are not comparing a Bulgarian insurance company against a British company here, this topic is about INTASURE intasure 927475117
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:38 am

willowsend wrote:
Would that be because you are an agent.
We are not comparing a Bulgarian insurance company against a British company here, this topic is about INTASURE

Not at all willowsend I wasn't an agent at the time I had my claim. I became an agent well after that.
As I said I will be phoning them today to ascertain if there is indeed any truth in this.
Back to top Go down
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 8:04 am

Hopefully this isn't the case as I have my property insured with intasure as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

intasure Empty
PostSubject: Re: intasure   intasure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

intasure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banking, Currency, Insurance, Mortgages, Legal &anything related-