In the spotlight: domestic policy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

In the spotlight: domestic policy Empty
PostSubject: In the spotlight: domestic policy   In the spotlight: domestic policy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Hope this is ok and in the right place? I found this and thought it would be on some interest to all since it really does show how things are changing in Bulgaria I know its only short but at lease its a glimpse

While across the world prices of consumer goods tend to fall as Christmas comes near, the case in this country is a bit different, and this is no news to Bulgarians. Where food prices are concerned, they have already increased by tradition, and locally, food prices take up the major portion of average incomes. An exception to the rule is the policy of discounter supermarkets offering low prices all year round, unfortunately, sometimes at the expense of decent quality. The National Statistical Institute has reported that on the eve of the Christmas period prices of staples increased year-on-year. The price rise is the highest with bread, 11 percent, and cooking oil at 37 percent. Both yellow and white cheese has become more expensive and it is part of the daily menu of Bulgarians. The Commodity Exchange and Wholesale Markets State Commission says there was no profiteering and the rise in food prices occurred following their rise internationally. Looking at the price tags of refrigerators, washing machines, driers etc., they have not changed at all throughout 2010. There are goods getting cheaper such as TV sets, cameras and laptop computers driven by the fast development of technologies. A year ago the cheapest plasma televisions sold at roughly BGN 1100 (EUR 550), and today they sell at BGN 900 (EUR 450). For fussier customers prices remain the same, but they now get a bigger range of options. The 3D technologies have seen a good launch – they first appeared only last summer. The slump in sales of new cars has forced distributors to keep cutting prices during the whole year. Promotional offers include discounts that can run up to 35 percent off the original Price.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: In the spotlight: domestic policy   In the spotlight: domestic policy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi Blink,
Do you have any idea of the cost of a washing machine and also a tumble dryer. Just out of curiosity for when we move over.
Tumble dryers here in Turkey are very very expensive about three times more than the UK. I really miss mine. In the spotlight: domestic policy 927475117
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: In the spotlight: domestic policy   In the spotlight: domestic policy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Itchyfeet,

Have a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. There are more and I'll find them for you if you want.

B. Rgds., George.
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: In the spotlight: domestic policy   In the spotlight: domestic policy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:34 pm

I think what George has put here Techno and Metro is about right there are variations in the smaller shops, but it will depend on where you shop, I'm not sure where your going to be but I'm sure if you let us know then maybe someone can be more precise In the spotlight: domestic policy 1430720830
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: In the spotlight: domestic policy   In the spotlight: domestic policy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:44 pm

I got my washing Machine from a local place and it cost me about 500Lv which I felt was a good price which also included delivery the same day so I guess its a case of looking round? s
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: In the spotlight: domestic policy   In the spotlight: domestic policy Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:10 am

Many thanks you are all very helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the spotlight: domestic policy   In the spotlight: domestic policy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1