View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:01 am

LOCATE is a free service provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office for British nationals travelling to or living outside of the United Kingdom. The details you provide when you register will help our embassy and crisis staff contact you and give you better assistance in an emergency such as a natural or manmade disaster or civil disturbance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] LOCATE 3023850720
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks Scott I can see the use of this in time of crisis LOCATE 570106603
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Link nay Rabatta!! I'll keep well away from this one! No doubt the UK Government want our details for something far more sinister further down the pipeline! Some stealth tax or similar!!
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:10 pm

Never thought of that ABC you do have a point there but I'm sure it will have its benefits when it comes to a crisis ? but its definitely worth remembering what you say LOCATE 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm

Very wise ABC LOCATE 570106603 LOCATE 570106603
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:56 pm

My second thought is that it is a database which will tell who is out of the country permanently.This could ensure that we receive no rights as a UK citizen should we return through poverty here or are in need of an operation etc.Some of us still have a UK address with a relative etc for the above reasons.They might be stuffed if they register.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:37 pm

ABC Property Surveyors.BG wrote:
My second thought is that it is a database which will tell who is out of the country permanently.This could ensure that we receive no rights as a UK citizen should we return through poverty here or are in need of an operation etc.Some of us still have a UK address with a relative etc for the above reasons.They might be stuffed if they register.

Quite right ABC. Some people would say we are paranoid. Some people would be wrong.
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:39 pm

I think there is a lot in not letting any government know to much and I would also say that we need to consider the security of these data bases take a look at the Assange topic or just look back in the uk papers and you will see that so many data bases with personal details have been left on a train or bus in fact the last one I remember was a database of military personal who's details were lost with a laptop.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 am

therowfamily wrote:
I think there is a lot in not letting any government know to much and I would also say that we need to consider the security of these data bases take a look at the Assange topic or just look back in the uk papers and you will see that so many data bases with personal details have been left on a train or bus in fact the last one I remember was a database of military personal who's details were lost with a laptop.

Yes, there is a lot to be said for not letting the Govt know what you are doing because it may well work against you. Keep away from facebook and similar sites, do not put your details on any forums. There are many people who have done this and lived to regret it. You would not credit the stupidity of some people who put details of when they were going on holiday on facebook - is that not a fantastic opportunity for thieves?
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:05 pm

coriolanus wrote:
therowfamily wrote:

Yes, there is a lot to be said for not letting the Govt know what you are doing because it may well work against you. Keep away from facebook and similar sites, do not put your details on any forums. There are many people who have done this and lived to regret it. You would not credit the stupidity of some people who put details of when they were going on holiday on facebook - is that not a fantastic opportunity for thieves?

Yes, you are right coriolanus - our government can't wait to get all our details down onto a database, put it in the post and get it lost somewhere in the UK by some private postal service who have no idea where it is. This has happened so many times in the past few years and the result can be very worrying. Us Brits who have paid into the NHS for donkeys years are not allowed to have NHS treatment after being out of the UK for more than 3 months. Anyone from any of the EU countries can walk into the UK and get whatever treatment they need straight away. This makes a mockery of the whole system and understandably has upset and annoyed British Expats living in other parts of the world. The British Consulate here in Turkey are always carping on about expats registering with them and they have only 130 registered here in Aegean region of Turkey, clever expats, keep up the good work!!
g LOCATE 794030042 g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LOCATE Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOCATE   LOCATE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOCATE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1