View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

I found this topic on the Internet but it was originally in Bulgarian but you can make it out so have a read its really interesting

Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria

In most cases, foreign property owners have themselves to blame for lost money

The first reason is the crisis. The second is that Bulgaria went bad name as a place where British and Irish people are scammed. In forums and in the Western press circulated to the complaints of people who lost money in the country. Such stories as "
horror stories"
. In details not vnikva and that buyers are innocent victims, it seems obvious, because our country is known for corruption and iniquity.

Causes

But I already four years working on these same Englishmen and not see it that way. It is true that Bulgaria is corrupt, but the reasons for lost investments are in themselves buyers. Recently, consult one of them what his views are to regain the one hundred and fifty thousand euro. My conclusion was that they had none. Having heard this, he said literally the following: "
Bulgarian legislation is bad, because it protects buyers by themselves."
A similar idea is in sharp conflict with the Roman maxim that the law is sighted, and not sleeping. In other words, if the buyer is not vigilant, is his own fault that he lost money. And these are the same Romans, whose successors in law are both we and the British.
This man had done anything reckless. Had given a proxy to a stranger to pull its deposits from fully and to spend the money as it sees fit. And not only was not considered any collateral, but even contract was not concluded. He was very surprised when he explained that the attorney only grants rights but does not create obligations. So this same Englishman I find no fault in their actions and was convinced that the reason we lost money in Bulgaria.
Another was convinced that he has bought a house and when he realized that it would receive non-built space, wanted to sue the seller. The contract, however, who stood in his signature, was clearly written that only purchased the land, not building. And that contract was written in their native language, but apparently this guy was not bothered to read it.
One woman complained for months on the forums about what a terrible place is Bulgaria, contacted me to advise her how to return the money. After I read the contract which it was concluded, and found no wrongdoing. It happened precisely what was written in black and white.

Mentality

Westerners come from a different world where everything is settled, calm and where the government protect them from dangers such as small children. Once you give money, it is understood that they will receive what is given them. When people buy apartments there, they worry whether they will be not deceived, but what will be the color of bathroom tiles. You can not lose them, for them is so obvious that they never think about the issue of preventive measures. In Bulgaria, these people are like farm animals removed from farm and thrown into the jungle. They are not accustomed to looking and when they hit just can not understand where they come.

Agents

To this should be added that the West people do not do everything yourself and pay for professionals from the field to do the job. In these real estate professionals are called "
agents"
, so their first job, when they decide to buy in Bulgaria is to raise that term in the search engine together with the name of our country. Immediately leaving many companies are called "
agents"
. They can not imagine a world without such people and I see a familiar word, decide they have found what they want. Their assumption that there are agents in Bulgaria is confirmed. If it does not like to go deep into details and explore how it actually is the issue. Prefer to view color pictures instead of reading thick books. Once something confirmed their expectations, you can not help but be so! English in Bulgaria come to buy property with the mood of tourists who are seated to order in a restaurant rather than serious investors. So they expect the menu instead of the book's instructions.

Differences

Under the Commercial Code, however, the country has firms, not agents. The difference is substantial. The mediator does not represent the parties and shall not be liable if one has not fulfilled its obligations to the other. The mediator only them "
svatosva. The deal is between the buyer and seller of the property. He takes money from both sides and thus protect the interest of neither one nor the other. In England, the agent is paid only on one side and he is responsible if its too expensive to sell property or if it lost money in other ways. Therefore, Westerners who have found the Internet entrepreneur who calls himself "
agent"
are left trustingly in his hands. For them, the story ends. They pay him and therefore no need to think about anything.
Englishmen go even further in its stupidity. They rely on the firm erroneously called "
agent"
to them and choose a lawyer. So instead of an independent and competent counsel, they appear to be the most illiterate lawyer who in some cases not even a lawyer. But even is it necessarily loyal to the firm which he found a job, not the client who is. Customers are changing, the firm remains. Customer is a fee, the firm - many fees. Therefore, those dependent on lawyers do what they want the mediator. Collateral no avail, and contracts are concluded in the most rapid and easy manner, which in turn means that the shuffle.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:10 pm

its not just the Bulgarians, the Brits have also played a part in the corruption and in some ways have escalated it with their devious knowledge of how Brits think and operate .

Hi Sarah
Do you think it's a case of, if you can't beat them, join them !!! c
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Very true Brian I have read an article that she wrote and she is completely right in all she says but lets not forget as already stated here its not always the fault of the Bulgarians I think there are too many people who are quick to blame them but its more likely in Bulgaria to be someone you know and as already stated a Brit Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Looks like our topics crossed Brian looking at what Sarah has said I don't think thats what she is saying but mealy pointing out as I have that we can't simply lay all the Blame on the Bulgarians or Bulgaria for that matter
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 2:34 pm

Gimp wrote:
Looks like our topics crossed Brian looking at what Sarah has said I don't think thats what she is saying but mealy pointing out as I have that we can't simply lay all the Blame on the Bulgarians or Bulgaria for that matter
I agree Gimp that we can't focus all the blame on Bulgarians or Bulgaria, but as this is a forum relating to matters in Bulgaria, it's obvious that we are going to discuss all the pro's and con's (that was a good word to use)
I have found that a lot of Bulgarians have a particular formula that they use, that is, to be nice while working for you, befriend you, get their feet under the table and then try and use you in some cases conn you, and before anybody tries to condem me to death, I am not talking about all Bulgarians
I am talking about true circumstances, so I do feel that I have a certain amount of knowledge on the subject Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:21 pm

It sounds like most of you replying here have had some experience of a con or scam or know someone who has. We hope to be buying in BG next year and so will other Brits, some of whom will come straight from the UK or others like us moving from Turkey or other parts of the world. It is particularly worrying to know that a scam can await us in BG which we may not recognise until it is too late. Is there any general advice members can give us that will limit the possibility of being ripped off?

Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3998065313 c Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Pavingslabsbg
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:36 pm

nu2bg wrote:
I think you do have a point here but I don't believe that all of Bulgaria is unsafe and its not always the Bulgarians that can't be trusted? believe me there are a large number of Brits too who can not be trusted maybe more than the Bulgarians ?
You are so right.Crooks exist all over the world and we have to remember some of the finest criminals in the world were British! Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3356871870
Back to top Go down
http://pavingslabsbg.com/
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:20 am

Pavingslabsbg wrote:
You are so right.Crooks exist all over the world and we have to remember some of the finest criminals in the world were British! Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3356871870

At last someone has agreed with whats been said here Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 570106603 Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 570106603 Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3023850720
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:04 am

I think there are many reasons that the Brits are not so interested in Bulgaria anymore and not all of them are down to crime! you only have to look at what Bulgaria has to offer compared to other countries and it soon becomes very apparent as to why? lest face it there are some great obstacles to overcome and one of the hardest is the language barrier in most other European countries there are a greater number of people that speak the universal language of English but in Bulgaria they don't seem that bothered then there is the way most people are treated or looked at as criminals ? you walk round a supermarket and your being watched to see if your going to steal a bag thats cost a statinki and then there is the infrastructure that really dosen't' exist in any form that is recognizable so many things that Bulgaria fail to see and improve, but on the other side there is a wonder of discovery for those who are prepared to search it out and integrate with the Bulgarian way of life which if your going to live there should be graped with both hands and not just a gesture, there have been many people who moved to Bulgaria for the wrong reasons and without first doing their homework and this has a great part to play in why Bulgaria is not as attractive as it was these same people who never really fell in love with Bulgaria are the same one that give it bad press and unfortunately these people ore often listened too even though they knew nothing about Bulgaria. Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 739492727
Back to top Go down
Nikolay
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:31 pm

As far as I know many british citizens were crooked from british companies that offered properties in Bulgaria. That is a big turn off Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3998065313
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 am

BGTRAVELLER wrote:
I think there are many reasons that the Brits are not so interested in Bulgaria anymore and not all of them are down to crime! you only have to look at what Bulgaria has to offer compared to other countries and it soon becomes very apparent as to why? lest face it there are some great obstacles to overcome and one of the hardest is the language barrier in most other European countries there are a greater number of people that speak the universal language of English but in Bulgaria they don't seem that bothered then there is the way most people are treated or looked at as criminals ? you walk round a supermarket and your being watched to see if your going to steal a bag thats cost a statinki and then there is the infrastructure that really dosen't' exist in any form that is recognizable so many things that Bulgaria fail to see and improve, but on the other side there is a wonder of discovery for those who are prepared to search it out and integrate with the Bulgarian way of life which if your going to live there should be graped with both hands and not just a gesture, there have been many people who moved to Bulgaria for the wrong reasons and without first doing their homework and this has a great part to play in why Bulgaria is not as attractive as it was these same people who never really fell in love with Bulgaria are the same one that give it bad press and unfortunately these people ore often listened too even though they knew nothing about Bulgaria. Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 739492727

Nothing prepares anyone for living in another country, you have to physically live there to find out the pros and cons of any country and then decide if you want to stay. Renting a property is the best option with a view to buying later if you decide you would like to live there and accept the rules, regulations, laws and culture of the country. As far as rip offs, scams and other nonsense that happen, it appears to be rife in many parts of the world, even our own politicians in the UK have taken the taxpayer for a ride with their expenses scandal which erupted last year.

:Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3897195628: :Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:07 pm

Have to say the comment about renting even for a long term, is what I would now recommend for everyone. especially as the rents are not that much. and it takes the pressure off. I always thought renting was a waste of money but I think for Bulgaria it is the best solution.
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 3:20 pm

I agree Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 am

dave b wrote:
Have to say the comment about renting even for a long term, is what I would now recommend for everyone. especially as the rents are not that much. and it takes the pressure off. I always thought renting was a waste of money but I think for Bulgaria it is the best solution.

You speak words of wisdom daveb and I must say I agree with this especially at the moment there are so may who are looking for property and want to take their time that a lot of people are now renting for several months at a time which is all good for them we have all seen in the past that many that have just looked round for a few days bought a house and then lived to regret their decision because they didn't know what life was like. Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 3356871870
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Some excellent posts here. 6 years ago I was saying the same things about renting and coming for the right reasons and still no-one listens. Its not the right answer. It seems that Brits still trust Brits or else fall for the smiley Bulgarian agent who is 'their friend'. On trying to warn some folks about the 'smilers' I was shot down. Are these agents still 'friends?' No. Has anyone admitted to me being right? No. I therefore would suggest to people trying to help - save your breath and let people who just go for 'cheap' in any and everything from house to lawyers see what they get for their money and learn the hard way.
Lastly, I love my life in my little village and have integrated really well. Since having a health problem diagnosed by the village doctor, I have had great support and should I ever end up in hospitalm I am sure that I will be well looked after even without all the 'frills' of the National Health.
I think Bulgaria is a great country and I say that as an ordinary Brit without pots of money but willing to give Bulgaria every chance given its a very poor country. I have never been ripped off and its perfectly possible to get a basic grasp of the language suppletmented by some signing. Hope this redresses all the complaints made about this emerging country which seems to be doing better in the recession than Britain. s
Back to top Go down
dave b
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Why England do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:57 pm

I must admit don't always agree about your posts on the forum! but you have it spot on with this one.
I also think that the people that will be coming to live in Bulgaria from now on, are better advised and hopefully
will be better suited to stay long term.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria   Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the UK do not buy properties in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next