altText
altText

bring back the sun, lol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bbh

bring back the sun, lol Empty
PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi All

Where's the sun gone. Too early for the cold weather to be coming, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
but cant wait for the snow!!!! (i know, cant have it both ways, lol)

Jan
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi Jan has the Sun gone already ? I thought the summers over there lasted a little longer? it's sunny here in the uk at the moment although a little windy, hope the sun takes it's hat off for you :lol:
Back to top Go down
bbh

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi Sarah

Think it will only last a couple of days. Due to get warmer on Tuesday (i hope, lol)

jan
Back to top Go down
suellen
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:24 am

Hi the sun has got his hat on this morning, beautiful and warm and sunny here in Balchik long may it stay!!!!
Sue ☀
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:10 pm

It's very sunny here in the uk too ? Strange :shock: :shock:
Back to top Go down
billfromvt

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 12:33 pm

The sun is out in Veliko Tarnovo after 5 or 6 days of constant rain and it's 26 degrees
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Hiya billfromvt when does the weather out there start to rally change, what I mean is when does it start to get cold, for the Brits, I know that most Bulgarians will be feeling the cold well before the Brits, [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] also how cold does it get and for how long is the winter
Back to top Go down
billfromvt

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:15 pm

Well that all depends. Our first year here and last year we had 50 cms of snow in October, then November & december were nice and warm, so warm that Jane was in the garden in a t shirt, our second year here however was totally different, cold wet and miserable.

The temp here can get to minus 35 in the winter, having said that in 2006 Jane had to go back to the UK on new years day, the temp here in BG was -15 in the UK +3 degrees, she said it was much colder there than here. Winter is from about the middle of December till the middle of March but despite the cold and snow it is still better than the UK

Hope this helps

Bill
Back to top Go down
bluejock45

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Pity hot weather couldnt last till about mid october and then tourism would be overwelming and that would be great for Bulgaria and of course us who have property in the country.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:29 pm

I have to agree with you there bluejock45, is so many other countries that's how it is, for instance Spain, Cyprus,Turkey to name a few, but BG has got a lot more to offer than the sunshine I believe but I guess as you said it would be nice :bounce:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:02 am

The thing I really like is we certainly have a very distinct four seasons.

After the blistering summer, I'm quite happy that we're now heading towards Autumn. The markets are full of pumpkins and root vegetables, people are roasting peppers to preserve in jars for winter, likewise with the last of the summer fruits (peaches, nectarines, etc.).

Everyone here in town has now had their logs delivered, chopped and stacked so that when the real cold weather comes (usually December here in Kotel) everyone is prepared for it and stocked up.

Winter can be very cold but also very nice. Last Christmas morning we woke up to a metre of freshly laid snow - it looked really good.

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:33 pm

Hiya Chris I just wanted to say what a wonderful place Kotel is [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I spent a full day there with some Bulgarian friends and loved every minute of it you make me jealous :lol: :lol:
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:43 pm

netsniper wrote:
I spent a full day there with some Bulgarian friends and loved every minute of it

Next time, drop in for a cuppa ... we're just opposite the carpet museum in the Old Town! Give me a shout and I'll send you my mobile number :cheers:
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Hiya Chris I will do that but at the Mo I am in the Uk, and don't know yet how long for and thanks for your invite

Cheers M8 :cheers:
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
anglachanka
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:47 am

Nice and sunny over here near Lom at the moment and warm, instead of blistering heat which makes a pleasant change ....but cold no, not yet.
Last year we had our first fall of snow on Christmas morning which was really cool, but in 2006 I was picnicking beside a river in Varshets in short sleeves in January!!! In fact that year was a bit like the UK, wet, miserable and grey for most of the winter, so we drove up to Petrohan, in the mountains, just so that I could play in the snow for a bit.

Crazy but true.

Everyone here is preparing for winter, so wood is being chopped and stacked, wine made and veggies laid by and stored, therefore when it comes, who cares, we are all ready for it and it only lasts for 4 months, plus being very beautiful when the snow is around.

Also Bulgaria doesn't grind to a halt at the first snow flurry so we can all get out and about and do whatever we normally do, with very few exceptions. Only when you see the tractors go by with a huge shovel on the front do you realise how efficient BG is, in some things anyway.

Love it. :hilarious:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bring back the sun, lol   bring back the sun, lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bring back the sun, lol

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next