Secondhand shops/house sales

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Secondhand shops/house sales Empty
PostSubject: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:49 pm

I've noticed in Bulgaria that some brits shop in secondhand shops run by both brits and the Bulgarians buying all sorts of stuff from clothing to household things and I wondered why this is because most things in Bulgaria are so much cheaper that in the uk but its like a frenzy amongst the brits as soon as they hear of someone selling secondhand stuff or having a house sale they are off like its the January sales so my question to you all is, do you do this and if so why? and if you done then would you consider buying secondhand stuff and is there a point at which you would only have new on certain things ????
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:01 pm

I don't and for no reason I just prefer to buy new but I think this is typical British mentality most Brits will travel for miles to save a lev and never give a thought to what is cost them to save it, I think the Brits that do this can only be describes as fools ? nothing wrong with wanting to save if you can but most time its false economy.
Back to top Go down
sharona58

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:42 pm

I do not see what is so wrong with the pleasure of finding a good bargain. I love carboots and table top sales and have found some brilliant buys over the years. I certainly would not regard myself or anyone else a fool for doing it.
Back to top Go down
neilythere!
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:45 pm

why fools gimp ???how much depreciation have you lost by geing the big man buying new arent they just exercising their freedom of choice living as they want .not as some financial *genius *thinks they should ??????
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 pm

There are lots of Bulgarian second hand clothes shops with good bargains like the TK Max shops in Britain. Bulgarians use them because they have to! I really have no time for carboots and the like because I couldn't be bothered to sift through someone elses cast offs. I know there might be a bargain but if I need something I will find it in a Bulgarian shop. I think a lot of the attraction for this type of buying in Bulgaria for Brits is to meet up with other Brits and have a gossip. Maybe I should say 'chat' and eat a bacon buttie.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Nothing wrong with looking for a bargain and as you say oldun its a good way of meeting others and having a chinwag T
Back to top Go down
miss happy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:03 pm

I love to rummage,
Secondhand things have stood the test of time, not like new things falling to bits as soon as used or washed them.
And I would sooner pay 150lv than 350 for a cement mixer from a secondhand shop and be told any probs just bring it back.
I love a bargain, I cant imagine life without secondhand shops,car boots,table tops,rummage sales. Well they keep me happy g Secondhand shops/house sales 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:15 am

bigsavak wrote:
I've noticed in Bulgaria that some brits shop in secondhand shops run by both brits and the Bulgarians buying all sorts of stuff from clothing to household things and I wondered why this is because most things in Bulgaria are so much cheaper that in the uk but its like a frenzy amongst the brits as soon as they hear of someone selling secondhand stuff or having a house sale they are off like its the January sales so my question to you all is, do you do this and if so why? and if you done then would you consider buying secondhand stuff and is there a point at which you would only have new on certain things ????

It's a personal thing. I don't see why people shouldn't do it if they want to. Some people have to. Myself, I would never buy second-hand clothes, because it would somehow just not feel right. Same goes for furniture (except antique, which has to be second-hand by definition). One thing I would buy second-hand and have done in the past is a car. If you consider that within a year a car has lost maybe 40% of the new price, but is still virtually new, it makes sense. s s s s
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Obviously used stuff is not going to be as much money as new stuff. BUT WAIT!!! At some second hand stores you can actually find new stuff too! Often clothing stores need to unload their seasonal clothing so do so in exchange for a tax donation receipt to a second hand store. Or some folks buy stuff they do not bother wearing, and they take it to the second hand stop. Let us not forget about the people who got gifts they never wore then snuck out the door to the second hand store. You can save a small fortune buying from these stores, filling you closet and house with excellent items that somebody else was finished with or did not need to begin with. If you need something, you should always check a few of the second hand stores first... after a while you will find some stores are better than others, typically it is the larger stores that get the new items from other retail stores, If you have a new baby, this is a great place to find baby clothes. Babies out grow clothing very fast so most is like new. Babies do not require “perfectly” new stuff, so you can save a bundle by shopping at second hand stores for your baby, and even, childrens clothing and toys. Use caution when buying car seats. you can find things people brought back from their holiday to Nepal twenty years ago, Vintage clothing, REAL vintage clothing, not modern stuff made to look old, but the real deal. You won't be wearing the same thing as everyone else because many times your finds are so unique, nobody else has it for miles (or years) If you are looking at clothing you can find things purchased from other parts of the world, things nobody else would have! This includes things people made and for some reason did not want, you can often find videos and CDs that you cannot find in stores any more. We must not forget Halloween costume ideas, or ideas for any school theme party.

Not all Second hand stores support charity but many do... Of course Charity shops always send their money to a charity and typically you can find out what charity that is in the name of the store. In such a way you can feel good that your money it not going to some power hungry company, but is actually going to do some good in the world.

Thats it from a bargain hunter Secondhand shops/house sales 3356871870
Back to top Go down
neilythere!
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Secondhand shops/house sales 3356871870 Secondhand shops/house sales 3356871870 Secondhand shops/house sales 3356871870 Secondhand shops/house sales 3356871870 T s g
well done carmen deserves a \karma
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Well done Carman Secondhand shops/house sales 3356871870 T Secondhand shops/house sales 570106603 Secondhand shops/house sales 570106603
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secondhand shops/house sales   Secondhand shops/house sales Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secondhand shops/house sales

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1