altText

New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Empty
PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi Guys

Thanks a million Ash pictures are great, there are some more on the website Please visit the website, have a good look round, would be obliged if you would also sign the Guestbook too, Thanks

Well now things are happening here again. Firstly my friend at Gap has contacted me again and said she has 50 to 70 bags of clothes for us yippee!!!! :hello2: This is brilliant news, now we can help the Woman's Refuge too.

Secondly, I have written to all the local schools in Silistra to ask if they would help us fill a normal size cardboard box with good for one of the Orphanages, the Refuge Centre, the Home for the Elderly or an establishment that they know of themselves. So far I have 4 schools who will participate.

This is a real break through and we are just delighted. It's is a very small task and if every child or even half the children bring one small item of toiletries, clothing, toys, games books etc into school, the box would be filled in no time. Then they will let me or the organisation who will collect in time for Christmas Eve. The children will feel great knowing they helped others who are in desperate need, also this will bring awareness to the needs of these establishments and perhaps they can do this on a regular basis, who knows? maybe for Easter and Christmas. For every school that participates I will name them on our website.

This really is such a simple idea that anyone can do it - I have written to the shops and the business in Silistra also, not heard anything yet mind, but I will keep trying. 👍 We have made friends with various other establishments and again there is no reason why they cannot help us do this so I have asked for their help too , again awaiting a reply. Even you guys could organise something like this in your own area. I see Villyman and his Mayor friend has had a good response from their visit to our Garden Party at the Silistra Orphanage. The Mayor collected some clothing and ask Villyman to accompany him to the local Orphanage where they live so he could give them the clothing. :hello2: I explained my idea to Villyman and he will see if they can do the same in their area too. So some good positive feedback.

Thirdly we are going into the supermarket bag packing again in Dec, this should generate funding for the new floors and internal doors for the Orphanage.

Fourthly: My work has agreed we can hold a booksale in the main Reception area, plus they will provide us with 200 books free. Again, funds will go towards the new floors/doors. Of course the website is still open for anyone who would like to make contributions - we are always really glad to accept donations.

I left 3 crates of books with Bulgariabill and Sue has now started a swap shop and charges a small fee they have now raised around 25leva - so well done guys!! you are doing brilliantly. John & Linda of UK Foods Warehouse also have a crate of books which they are trying to get rid of for us too, so by Sept, if all goes well should have a little bit more in the pot.

Mr Oddy has started his Cardiac Rehabilitation Programme last Friday - He was there for 3.5 hours, the poor love was shattered when he got home. He slepted for 2 hours :love4: He still has trouble with his breathing, but I understand this programme will help him. Unfortunatly he was completely worn out the next day too :tongue3:- so I guess it's a matter of taking it slowly. Other than that things are going well. I will be contacting all my suppliers again in the new year - give them a little break from me now :drunken_smilie: :laughing9: We will also be on the look out for someone to transport goods for us therefore, I will have to write to the haulage companies again. if you know of anyone who might help us, please let me know. We will also be looking our for blankets and linen for the Home for the Elderly, so will start searching in the new year.

Lastly: Bgscot came down to visit us this weekend, Bless him he brought 100's of CD's for our shoeboxes next year and 16 packed of disposables nappies and some footwear too. He is such a lovely chap - thanks a million times over, you are a little darling :love10:

So that is it for now - I will keep you updated on our progress, but please do remember to check the website from time to time.

Oddy :
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Well done again to you both I do hope Dougie starts to feel better soon and maybe he can come on here and say a few words reading all the above you have done well and I too look forward to your next Challenger I'm not sure what I can do to help here but I am still thinking? it maybe a case of making a donation ? but I have some time to think? good luck to you both and well done

sarah
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 9:05 pm

Hiya Well what can I say your achievements continue to amaze me oh while I am thinking about it I signed your guest book earlier and had another look round your site which is looking very good, I think its great news that Gap have given more clothing and it would be good if more would do the same but I guess if you keep writhing they may see that what you are doing is a very worthwhile cause, good luck with the bag packing and I sincerely hope that Dougie soon starts to feel better
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Well done you I think its great what your doing I only wished I could be in Bulgaria and do something like this to help those less fortunate
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi Meandmine, thank you for your lovely comments, appreciate it very much. By the way, you don't have to be in Bulgaria to help - we are here in the UK so now you can get your thinking cap on! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oddy
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:23 pm

I am looking for my Cap right now? I know its here somewhere
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Are you sure that Guy forks never had it
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:29 pm

I never thought of that Ashley OMG [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] its gone up in smoke
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Oh dear now what you going to do [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] maybe you could get some fresh thoughts while your thinking
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 2:46 pm

Yes I agree we all need to get out thinking heads on so that the next phase can become a reality sooner than later so if any has some ides has to what we can do as a group of individually then lets have it
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 3:36 pm

This is a difficult one I know but I'm sure we can come up with something ? I was going to say an online auction but that would be too difficult as there are members all over the place I will have a good think
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:33 pm

Oddy :
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:48 am

You have nothing to say thank you for we are just so pleased that there is still people like you and Dougie out there doing what you can to make the life of these children so much happier

sarah
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 3:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] All [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oddy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi Guys

Well things are beginning to move here now. We had some helpers around to help us make 'thank you cards' so we can pop them into the bag packing in Dec, can't afford flyers or printing costs right now, so used what resorces we had. Thanks to the girls from all their help. The cards are only a small way to advertise our cause, but they have the website add on and you never know, perhaps people will make suggestions on how they can help or even make donations, who knows! We will see.

Also had an email from a local community magazine asking if they could do a follow up in their village mag and they would like to help us in any way they can. In fact, they have invited us to do a talk with the Guides in their area in Jan 2010 to see how they can help - so looking good.

Our friend Joanne has a stall in the market and she has put a jar on the stall for odd change. Another friend has started an extra 5p or 10p coffee jar in the office, might not seem a lot but assuming they keep it up, over a period it should build up.

We have the table top sale coming up next week and then the bag packing at the supermarket. Hopefully the booksale at my place of work will be allow before Christmas.

So wish us luck, hopefully this will be a good start to the new year.

Dougie said to thank everyone for their good wishes and consideration, he appreciates it very much. He is doing ok, these things take time eh!!

Thanks again for all your encouragement. It's great to know we have lots of supporters.

Berni & Dougie xx

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage   New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Project for 2010 for Silistra Orphanage

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next