Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 7:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Good morning all
Thank you Ashley for suggesting that I post the information to all viewers.
I will be travelling to the UK from December 7th to collect Xmas presents, clothing, toys etc. for the children of the Children's Homes of Vidin and Novo Selo, the Kindergarten of Vruv and for the children of families in poverty in Novo Selo. All in all about 150 presents. I wil also be collecting equipment for the Children's HOme of Vidin and the Chef and Restaurant School.

Having driven through Romania, Hungary, Austria, Germany, Belgium and France I expect to be in Dover on Thursday morning of the 9th. My route is as follows:
Mid Kent College mid morning
North Hertfordshire College in the afternoon to collect xmas presents
Peterborough in the evening to collect Xmas presents and unwanted items - Beni need to sort out a venue to meet

10th December
Rotherham and to collect goods from Russum's of Rotherham
Scunthorpe in the afternoon and the weekend with my dad

Monday 13th December
Grimsby (Grimsby Instute FE/HE) to collect Xmas presents, gifts and calendars from the college. The calendars are decorated with pictures drawn by the children in the Children's Home here in Novo Selo.
In the afternoon to Norwich and City College Norwich to collect equipment, Xmas presents, clothing and computers

Tuesday 14th December
Not fully finalised as yet but I believe I will be heading for Reading then to South London and then on to Dover to begin the journey home.

Apart from the presents that have been promised I am also collecting unwanted 'white goods', clothing, footware, toys, cycles, games, sports equipment, shoes. The local doctor has asked me to source clothing for all ages. The Vidin Children's Home is seeking clothing but in particular nappies for children from the age of 0 years to 7. I cannot deviate from the route as I don't have sufficient funds to go all over the place. If anyone wishes to donate use one of the above pick up points

I will be travelling in Ivy our Mercedes Atego.

If you visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hopefully David our web site organiser will have put up the route with destinations

Thank you whalesmc
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods   Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm

Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 1763269238 Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 1763269238

Hi Guys

We now have 17 boxes of goods g Mick you need to keep an eye on the amount you can carry and let me know when to stop c . As you can see from below the boxes are large and height wise takes 7 boxes from floor to ceiling. We have more goods coming tomorrow and Tuesday, so would say about another 4 poss 5 boxes. Will try to photograph again by the weekend

Is this the Orphanage in Vidin??? If so I am already in the process or setting up our 'Christmas Boxes' for two orphanages in Vidin and this is one of them.
District: Vidin
Address: Hristo Botev "
How to contact us:
Phone: (09 316) 22 21, 26 33 (0884) 868 809
E-mail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Information Number of children: 60
3 to 7 years.: 16 (7 boys, 9 girls)
8 to 11 years.: 17 (5 boys, 12 girls)
12 to 18 years.: 19 (10 boys, 9 girls)
over 18. : 8 (1 boy, 7 girls)

Berni &
Dougie

Oddy s

Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 6:15 pm

God that's fantastic Bernie you are going to make such a difference to all the Children there I hope Mick has enough room Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:05 am

Good morning all
You are doing a fantastic job with your collection. Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 2706089290 The children in the Vidin children's home are aged 0 to 7 years of age. I think the boats and blue 4x4 will be to old for them. Please stop at the number of boxes you have reached so far. The lorry will accommodate what you have collected so far but I am conscious of giving too much, exceeding expectations and creating future problems.

Regarding the possibility of double booking Xmas presents for children's homes, I need to do some research. There is only one children's home in Novo Selo and it has 41 children, some of which are 18 years of age. I will phone and discuss so we don't double up. We know from experience that the children's home in Novo Selo keeps quiet about multiple donations.

Thank you all so much for what you are doing.
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:09 pm

I am so sorry i have missed this..... ;
( however i would be interested in the dinner evening in sofia, could i have some more details please?>
??????

again sincere apologies :(

please keep the good work up, you are all doing fantastic, it really could make me cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your all fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:11 am

hello
the dinner in Sofia is this coming Sunday. The dinner will be held at the Radisson Blu Hotel. Tickets are available from the hotel at 40 leva each. Butternut squash soup followed by roast turkey and vegetables with apple pie and vanilla sauce to finish. Not bad for under £20 in a 5x hotel. I hope you and your friends can make it.
Take care
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 pm

It sounds great! what time does the dinner start and how many roughly have you got booked for it?
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello
Dinner starts at 7.30pm. Dress code is smart casual. I am not sure how many tickets have been sold. I can say that there are 25 people travelling from our village of Novo Selo near to Vidin. We are expecting somewhere in the region of 70 to 90 people. I hope that helps. Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:02 pm

Ok i am waiting on some replies and will get back to you. Maybe i will call direct to the hotel to reserve seats instead of just turning up? what do you think?
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods   Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:23 am

Hi. it is advisable to reserve tickets before the day. As it is a ticket event I don't think that people can turn up on the night. by reserving you will be able to get in. looking forward to seeing you on the night.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... v_vidinsko
please have a look at the link

Text from above link added below by Admin

English teaching children from home in Vidin

Englishman Mick Cooper, who lived several years in Novo Selo, Vidin wants to teach a cooking and children from the local bakery
social institution and thus to help them find their place in life. 22
years Mick has done this at home. For the construction of educational and professional centre in addition to its resources, rely on donations.
Britons living in the village and Novoselyane organized next Sunday
Charity night in Sofia fund raising.

In Novo Selo unemployment is nearly 17%, which means that over 230 people live on social assistance. Each year the local Social leaving home boys and girls who remain jobless for long and often cross the law. So many hopes the project gathers the Englishman Mick Cooper, who settled on the banks of the Danube a few years ago.

Petya Petkova from transient residence of Novo Selo: - Schoolgirl am in class XII and finish by myself and I find it very difficult to handle. No one to ride ... If this project was launched, for example, you can go and prepare to be able to get a job then ...

Nasturtium Petrova - Transitional housing manager of Novo Selo: - This centre it forward with great anticipation.

The villagers know Mick as a donor of kindergartens and schools, the pensioners club and the three social institutions and give its full support for the project. He enjoys the confidence and the mayor and regional governor of Vidin.

George Stoenelov, Mayor of Novo Selo: - The creation of such a college in the municipality in the north-western part of Bulgaria is a unique case ... And so we will stand firmly behind him ...

Mick Cooper, President of NGO "
Phoenix inspiration: - Now I live in Novo Selo and want to pass on their skills and experience of young people in the region. Let them create opportunities to travel worldwide and find fulfilment through their work.

Mick Cooper has supplied much of the necessary professional equipment. Municipal Building, where it will be the centre for vocational training of cooks and hoteliers, however, needs an overhaul. The fund raising relies on the support of followers and organized charity actions in the UK and Bulgaria.
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:13 am

hey, i will give them a call today to reserve places. There will be three of us coming from Plovdiv.....

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Ame
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 8:16 am

This is wonderful news. Looking forward to seeing you too.
take care and thank you for supporting my efforts T T s
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods   Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:08 am

botev wrote:
hey, i will give them a call today to reserve places. There will be three of us coming from Plovdiv..... T

Ame

hello Ame
Regarding the reservation of your tickets will you please contact
Stanislava Borisova
Meeting &
Events Sales Manager
T: +359 2 9334 334, D: +359 2 9334 728
F: +359 2 9334 335, M: +359 889 055 922
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Radisson Blu Grand Hotel, Sofia

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday
take care
Mick T

4, Narodno Sabranie Sq. - P.O. Box 549
1000, Sofia, Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:14 am

Good morning all
If anyone else is looking to go to the dinner at the Radisson Blu Hotel this Sunday will you please reserve your tickets by calling Stanislava Borisova
Meeting &
Events Sales Manager
1000, Sofia, Bulgaria

at the hotel. I need to give the hotel final numbers by the end of today. I will be in contact with Stanislava at the end of the day to discuss. Thank you to those who are already coming, your support is greatly appreciated.
Mick T
Back to top Go down
Whalesmc
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods   Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:13 am

Whalesmc wrote:
botev wrote:
hey, i will give them a call today to reserve places. There will be three of us coming from Plovdiv..... T

Ame

Ame I have reserved you 3 tickets. They will be allocated to Ame in an envelope at the hotel reception

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday
Mick

hello Ame
Regarding the reservation of your tickets will you please contact
Stanislava Borisova
Meeting &
Events Sales Manager

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday
take care
Mick T

1000, Sofia, Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:03 pm

g g

This what one Netmum Sharon donated to us last night she is amazing thanks Shaz.

Thanks you to all our wonderful Netmums and Freegle helpers who have continued to help us since the beginning. T :Thank you:All our load for Vidin is from both Netmums and Freegle fantastic clothing and toys. Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 1536469901 The members our supporters rallied round all within the sort period of a week. We are so lucky. Thanks also to Emma and Rick who are our volunteers who do our pick ups. Angel Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 1763269238 They are both just fantastic. Emma can't wait to start for our orphanages in Silistra and also for the new establishments the Disability Day Centre and the new orphanage in Dobrich we will helping next year. g g g g

Load all ready for Mick should have 25 huge boxes will take another photo once we take them downstairs. We did great Truly delighted thanks to our helpers and volunteers and Dougie H H Hg g

Berni &
Dougie xx

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for    Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Inspire Travel Plans to the UK to collect goods for

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next