New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Empty
PostSubject: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:00 pm

New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launched

A new ferryboat connection has linked the Bulgarian town of Svishtov with its Romanian neighbour across the Danube River to the north, Zimnicea.
The investment, worth about six million euro, was made by a Romanian investor. The line has been operating for the past few days, the report said.

The ferryboat's capacity includes up to 250 passengers, 12 lorries and 40 cars, the report said.

"
This will create more possibilities for business opportunities and for new workplaces in the region,"
Emil Dimitrov, deputy Svishtov Municipality mayor, told BNT.

The residents of Svishtov, reportedly, reacted positively to the new development, saying that this ought to "
stir up"
the local economy.

The new ferryboat connections means that the distance from Svishtov to the Romanian capital, Bucharest, has been reduced by about 120km.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 5:35 pm

The more ways of getting to Bulgaria the better and this is a welcome route New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch 570106603
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:33 pm

I agree the more the better but what about the security problems that come with all these openings
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:02 pm

New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch 1763269238

Great - this should save a lot of time traveling g

Oddy New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch 2706089290
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Just curios really has anyone used this new ferry and if so how was it and how long did it actually take New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch 1536469901
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I would like to know about this too and the cost would be nice if anyone know? or do they have a website ? anyone know how you would book
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:05 pm

:Xmas4:

We have not used this one but have crossed on the Romania to Silistra one. I must admit it was a little scary and I serious doubts, but to be honest I did not even know were moving. I was just so pleased we crossed on our one as the one in front had a 7.5 ton and vans New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch 3135333095 It cost us 10euro to cross about 1/2 a mile

Oddy :Xmas3:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:12 pm

WWF opposes EC plan to boost traffic along the Danube River

The European Commission is contemplating boosting traffic along the Danube River, as part of their EU Strategy for the Danube Region, the blueprints of which were made public on December 9 2010.

But the WWF is worried that if a surge in traffic along the river becomes a reality, it will likely undermine the river’s unique environment, without necessarily boosting the economy to projected levels, the WWF said in a media statement.

The WWF has criticised the decision to increase navigation on the Danube by removing the so-called bottlenecks, obstacles to navigation during low water level. This usually involves deepening and widening the fairway with the help of old-fashioned and expensive infrastructures.

"
Heavy investments in diking and dredging the Danube have been justified by various officials with reference to the Rhine river. But the Rhineland has very different conditions from the Danube area, with an industrial base that has developed over centuries and not just thanks to the river,"
Andreas Beckmann, Director of the WWF Danube-Carpathian Programme said in the media statement.

"
Expecting an economic miracle from investments in Danube navigation is a myth, and potentially a very costly mistake,"
he added.

"
Solutions for improving inland navigation without changing drastically the nature of the river are available and are less costly in financial as well as ecological terms. We need to invest in innovative ship design that fit the existing depth of the river, better information systems, and nature-friendly infrastructure,"
added Beckmann.

The WWF is an international non-governmental organisation involved in the conservation, research and restoration of the environment, formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, but now bearing the name World Wide Fund for Nature. It is the world's largest independent conservation organisation with more than five million supporters worldwide, working in more than 90 countries.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Timerman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:22 pm

cowshed-sarah wrote:
Just curios really has anyone used this new ferry and if so how was it and how long did it actually take New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch 1536469901

I Live about 12km from Svishtov so it's a great saving for me as I currently have to cross at Rouse about 1 hr away :-)

The river is only about quarter of a mile wide at Svishtov so crossing shouldn't take that long, I must admit I saw the ferry in the docks on Monday and said to the wife it would be handy if it carried vehicles across Lol

I know :oops: I should of paid more attention to this thread when it started last month Lol
Back to top Go down
Timerman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:10 pm

[url:na4n83b2]http:
//portsvishtov.
com/eng/news.
php?news=48[/url:na4n83b2]

The above link gives a little more information about this route, I'm trying to find out the charges for cars, the crossing time is listed as 15 minutes although there's no timetable that I can find
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Thank you that's very useful and prices would help to I will check back and see how you go T T
Back to top Go down
Timerman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:03 am

I have been in touch with the port of Svishtov and recieved the following response from them with regards to the ferry crossing to zimnicea, I must admid I was very pleasantly surprised at the price for a car, thinking it would be at the minimum 20 Euros :Rolling eyes:

Below is the reply to the E-mail and below that is the price Tarriff

Hi

Ferry timetable at this month is from 07.00 to 19.00 h from Svishtov to Zimnicea and from 07.30 to 19.30 from Zimnicea to Svishtov. After that ferry will be 24 hours, non -stop, every hour.

I'm sending also tariff. Pls, don't hesitate to contact with meif you have any questions.

Regards,
B. Todorova
Project Manager
+359 887 59 1312

TARIFF FOR TRANSPORTATION OF PASSENGERS AND VEHICLES IN EURO

For the RO-RO Ferry line Svishtov - Zimnicea - Svishtov

Client Ferry Fee

TIR - 59
Trucks with gross weight over 25 t 52 Lev
Trucks with gross weight from 12 to 25 t 40 Lev
Trucks with gross weight from 7,5 to 12 t 32 Lev
Trucks with gross weight from 3,5 to 7,5 t 26 Lev
Trucks with gross weight up to 3,5 t 16 Lev
BUS with over 44 seats 30 Lev
BUS 24 – 44 seats 22 Lev
BUS 9 – 23 seats 16 Lev
Van 8 + 1 seats 6 Lev
Car 4 to 7 seats 4 Lev
Car up to 5 seats or trailer 3 Lev
Motorcycles 2 Lev
Bicycle 1 Lev
Passengers 2 Lev

NOTE:

1. Not allow the transport of vehicles with animal traction.
2. The Tariff have is promotional in nature and is valid until 31.01. 2011.

3. The payment of the transportation charges shall be made in Euro, Bulgarian Leva and Romanian Lei at the rate of the day.
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Thanks Timerman this could be very useful for the future and even if I'm not going to the uk its good to know that I could if I wanted to have a leisurely trip across to Romania instead of the drive T
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania la   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Here's the latest tariffs for this ferry

Tariffs for transportation of passengers and vehicles

* Tir 71€
* Trucks with gross weight over 25 t. 63€
* Trucks with gross weight from 12 to 25 t. 48€
* Trucks from 7, 5 to 12 t. 39€
* Trucks from 3.5 to 7.5 t. 32€
* Trucks up to 3,5 t. 20€
* Bus with over 44 seats 20€
* Bus with from 24 - 44 seats 27€
* Bus from 9 - 23 seats 20€

* Minibus 8 + 1 seats 8€
* Car up to 7 seats 5€
* Car with 5 seats 4€
* Trailer for two cars 20€
* Trailer for car 8€
* Mini trailer 4€
* Motorcycles 3€
* Bicycles 2€
* Passengers 2€

Payment of transportation charges shall be made in Euro, Bulgarian Leva, Romanian Lea in the course of the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch   New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New ferryboat connection between Bulgaria and Romania launch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1