altText
altText

On the Beech holidays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

On the Beech holidays Empty
PostSubject: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 12:52 am

Oh I am so annoyed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I found us a holiday to the Canaries for Dec one week all inclusive - I booked the flights, the hotel and as we will only be about 10k from airport did not want to pay the £94 transfer charge so we will get a taxi. However, I booked the holiday paid with my DEBIT card and they charged me 1.45% of the holiday cost, not a lot you may say, but Debit cards do NOT hold transaction fees. Then once that all went through I was waiting for confimation when up pupped the luggage allowance and charges [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It stated you have to pay £22 each for each leg of he flight - so they are now asking for and an additional £84 to take 15k luggage each [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] At this stage I thought better pull out and forget it. So I did just that.

Checked my email and nothing on there, checked my account and no money taken - so thought good it's not gone true. Then about 10 mins ago got email to confirmed they have taken the money and the details of the holiday. It turns out that [url=http:
//www.
otbeachhols.
com:2el9nvx0][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] only do the hotels and Ryanair do the flights but of course you don't get to know that until the holiday is fully booked.. So looks like we will be going on holiday with no clothes

Clearly a case of evading specific informaion - I thought I knew all the facts hence booking, but if I cancel, there will be a cancellation fee plus the holiday company will have a seperate cancellation fee. Oh and you have to book in on line and print your own tickets and meal vouchers too. What do the holiday companies do??

Will have to use the hand luggage for clothes now

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Just shows you Bernie that the cheapest is not always the cheapest and that if it sounds to good to be true ? then is most likely is sorry that it seems like you have been robbed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] can't you complain to someone surely this is very misleading and must infringe on some consumer law

sarah
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Yes oddy,

Be careful with the hand luggage even, ryanair are very keen on extra weight charges..
At least it's warm in the canaries, you don't need many clothes, and just rinsed through they dry quick.
And try a hire car, beleive it or not, I've had a hire car for a week for less than the taxi cost.

Complaining soesn't usually get you far Sarah, they just point to the small print somewhere, they're very experienced at it.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] for your replies Guys

I am a lot calmer now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and kinda looking forward to the break and so is Dougie. The hotel and facilities are perfect excellent standard, but it's the airline they use, that has laid on the additional charges. I was not aware Ryanair were linked with package companies. Thought they only did flights.

Will look into booking a car now thanks I read the small print but it's only when you book the holiday you actually get the 'real small print' I will be sending a complaint to on the beach hols. I will check the website again just in case I missed anything.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Yes oddy,

The no frills airlines do link to holiday companies, easyjet's another one.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:00 pm

I think that all these so called budget airlines are the same [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] they hide a lot
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:36 pm

Couldn't agree more with whats been said [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but they continue to get away with it
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:28 pm

They all have their own little scams, the price you see is very rarely the price you pay.

Got a free flght on ryanair. £10 each way on-line booking fee, and £20 card charge (except visa electron)
So 2 free flights cost £80.
Without a baggage charge, and not a big hand luggage allowance.

Think easyjet about the current best, the price you see includes airport / security fees, and the hand luggage is a bit more generous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Beech holidays   On the Beech holidays Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the Beech holidays

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1