altText

Kahl's Corned Beef Hash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kahl1963
Junior user
Junior user

Kahl's Corned Beef Hash Empty
PostSubject: Kahl's Corned Beef Hash   Kahl's Corned Beef Hash Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:29 am

Corned Beef Hash for 6

Ingredients:

Olive Oil
4lb Potatoes
2 Onions
2 Tins of Corned Beef
1 Tin of Processed Peas or Sweetcorn
400g Mature Cheddar Cheese
Butter
Milk
Salt &
Pepper
Worcester Sauce
Breadcrumbs
2 Large Fresh Tomatoes (Topping)

Preparation:

Peel potatoes and put on the boil.
Peel and chop onions
Grate all the cheese
Slice Tomatoes
Chop up corned beef into cubes

While potatoes are cooking, put olive oil into a frying pan and cook the onions until lightly brown, add corned beef and fry until broken down and lightly browned. Add some worcester sauce (about 1 desert spoons). Then add either peas or sweetcorn, stiring it all into the mix.

Mash potatoes and select a suitable dish for baking, put half of the mash into the bottom of the dish, spreading it evenly. Put the contents of frying pan on top of mashed potato in dish. Spread half of the grated cheese on top of the corned beef. Let it melt a little, before adding the rest of the mashed potato on top of the cheese. Put the sliced tomato on top of the potato, sprinkle grated cheese on top of the tomatoes and to finish, sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top and put in to the oven (160 degrees) for about an hour or until browned on top.

Serve with bake beans, sweetcorn or peas and of course bread and butter.

Yum yum yum

This dish is best left until it is cold, cut up into portions (it freezes well, defrost it, zap it in the microwave or put back into oven, then serve up) and it stays together...when it is hot, it spreads all over the plate.

This is my variation of Corned Beef Hash. Kahl's Corned Beef Hash 3023850720 Kahl's Corned Beef Hash 1995268642 :Kahl's Corned Beef Hash 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Kahl's Corned Beef Hash   Kahl's Corned Beef Hash Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:15 am

Getting my taste buds going.
Only thing is we can't get corned beef here in Turkey. We have to go across to Kos, just finished my last tin the other day.
Kahl's Corned Beef Hash 927475117
Back to top Go down
Kahl1963
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Kahl's Corned Beef Hash   Kahl's Corned Beef Hash Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 am

As I go back and forth regularly, I bring bits and bob's back with me...we have about 16 tins in the larder....at 87p a shot, you can't go wrong....this is Tesco's best.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Anyone wanting stuff like this.......I can bring back with me, not at stupid prices either!!!
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Kahl's Corned Beef Hash   Kahl's Corned Beef Hash Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Yummy that's one for my book thank you g
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Re: Kahl's Corned Beef Hash   Kahl's Corned Beef Hash Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Nice one Kahl T one of my favorites g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kahl's Corned Beef Hash   Kahl's Corned Beef Hash Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kahl's Corned Beef Hash

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1