Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mugshot
Junior user
Junior user

Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Empty
PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi all,

I dont know if any of you know of them but there are two sites, one for trains and the other for buses, that give timetables for the whole of Bulgaria in English...

Buses - [url=http:
//avtogari.
info/search_en.
php:2b83p4xm][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Trains - [url=http:
//razpisanie.
bdz.
bg/site/search.
jsp:2b83p4xm][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Click EN for English) ...if your unsure of where to travel to use the information tab where you put your station in and it says where it goes!

I found both of these very useful, hope someone here does too.

Guy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Hiya Guy I'm sure that these will be very useful as I know there is always someone asking where to get a train or bus from so well done

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:45 pm

This forum is slowly becoming a maize of information great stuff Guy
Back to top Go down
jac100

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:02 pm

Great,

I am visiting Sunny beach next summer, I am then going on to Izmir, Turkey. I understand it is possible to travel by road by public transport to Turkey, any advice would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:06 pm

I do believe it is possible to do that but don't quote me? I think that there is public transport from Yambol and maybe Elhovo but I'm sure someone will be along soon to let you know one way or the other? good luck
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
jac100

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Thanks, it will be my first time to bulgaria and I am feeling a little adventurous. Have two holidays in one.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi have a look here you may find something from the train timetables that may suit you its also in English

[url=http:
//www.
bdz.
bg/:32pwws5x]TRAINS[/url:32pwws5x]
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 6:57 pm

Thanks for that netsniper I'm sure quite a few of us will find this very useful same to you to Guy
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 7:10 pm

jac100 wrote:
I am visiting Sunny beach next summer, I am then going on to Izmir, Turkey. I understand it is possible to travel by road by public transport to Turkey, any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Jac

Grab the bus from Sunny Beach down to Bourgas, in the Bus Station there you can grab a bus down to Istanbul ... very nice bus with air-con, TV, coffee, etc., on board.

From there explore Turkey!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
abracadabra
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:01 pm

Yes, there is an Istanbul coach from Burgas. At Istanbul coach station (which is VAST) look at the signs in the windows of the travel shops which are wall to wall around the square and look for signs for IZMIR DIREKT. You don't want an Izmir bus that goes the long way, trust me, it's a very long detour, make sure it's an Izmir direct bus or take a very thick book!

The other way is to travel from Bourgas to Haskovo ( i am fairly sure there is a train from Bourgas to Haskovo but check) and from Haskovo you can get an overnight coach, which runs every night, from Haskovo direct to Izmir. Last time I used the coach it cost 120 Lev return. The advantage of doing the Haskovo-Izmir run is that you just stay on the same coach all the way and don't have to get off and change/find your correct coach. Also, the Haskovo-Izmir goes via Gallipolli-Cannakale ferry and avoids Istanbul, so is a very good and shorter way to travel. The coach makes plenty of comfort stops and also has service on the bus i.e. they will give you hot and cold drinks and snacks en route.

Don't forget that you will need to pay a visa fee on the border for Turkey - £10 for Brits. It's valid for 90 days.

Enjoy your trip - hos geldiniz Turkiye!

Karen
Back to top Go down
jac100

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Thank you guys for the above informaition. However no one has mentioned how long the journey takes... I will be travelling with my 8 year old daughter.

thanks in antipation of replies.
Back to top Go down
abracadabra
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 pm

The Haskovo-Izmir route takes about 12 hours. (But you do get lots of stops and can sleep as it's a night coach)

The Bourgas-Istanbul takes about 6 hours, then you have to get the right coach for Izmir, and probably will end up waiting for that connection. The trip from Istanbul to Izmir takes around 10 hours, sometimes more.

I would recommend the Haskovo-Izmir route personally (having done both) as Istanbul coach station is so big and it is so easy to end up on the long-way-round Izmir coach instead of the direct, plus the Haskovo - Izmir journey is faster.

If you need any more info just ask. I lived in Turkey for almost 5 years so am happy to help.

Abra
Back to top Go down
jac100

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:01 pm

Abra, thanks for your advice it is most welcomed.

I have a villa in Kusadasi and have also just purchased an apartment just outside sunny beach area. don't want to change the topic, but what made you leave Turkey (where were you) for Bulgaria ? I understand a number of people are now looking towards BG and selling up in Turkey (that if they can sell). maybe it's is because EU citizens can work in BG, just a thought.
Back to top Go down
abracadabra
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Apologies to mods if this has gone off topic, please move it if you feel it's inappropriate. Here's the answer to the question Jac.

I was also in Kusadasi, for almost 5 years and loved it. We have loads of friends both European/Brit and Turkish there.Lots of people have already moved and more are considering it partly because of the non-existent work permits and also because the cost of living has got so high in Turkey.

Trouble is, as you will know, lots of people went to live in Turkey on the strength of investment income (the bank rates were as high as 22% when we first moved) and now the rates are falling every week. Standard rate is now 6.5% so lots of people are struggling, and cannot top up their income by working as it is illegal without a visa - which is almost impossible to obtain - with heavy fines, penalties and even deportation/seizure of assets if you get caught working without a permit.

So, those who were depending on investment income OR those who mistakenly thought working in Turkey was easy have now got into problems. I am expecting to see many more former Turkey expats over here in the future.

Abra
Back to top Go down
jac100

PostSubject: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Abra, I totally agree with you. I am 45 so have some years to go before I retire. I would love to emmigrate but this is not possible withour an income. So I make do with frequent visits to Kusadasi and soon to be sunny beach.

I will let everyone know how I get on should I decide to travel to turkey.

Once again thanks for your replies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables   Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trains and Buses in Bulgaria - Timetables

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next