Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looks like its going to cost even more to Tax your car next year

The price of "
vignettes"
(road tax) in Bulgaria is set to increase next year, announced Rosen Plevneliev, Minister of Regional Development.

The price of vignettes has not changed for the past two years. The most popular are annual vignettes, which cost BGN 67. In 2008, the revenues collected totaled BGN 217 M. In January this year BGN 103 M were collected, according to the Road Agency.

In October 2009, the recently sacked director of the Road Agency, Yanko Yankov, had announced that the price of stickers would not be increased in 2010.

The National Road Infrastructure Agency stated that there is still no decision on how much new stickers will cost, nor whether this hike will apply to all categories of vignette.

Three ministries those of Regional Development, Transport and Finance are meeting Monday night to discuss the matter.

Plevneliev told the Bulgarian National Television there were several variants to be discussed. The final option will be announced Wednesday, when the budget is to be put before the Council of Ministers

The price increase should be applied only to one-year vignettes, in the opinion of the Minister of Regional Development.

The Ministry of Transport prefers not to offer an opinion, because they have not yet received the analysis of the Road Agency, said Minister Alexander Tsvetkov.

The Ministry of Finance commented that they are still analysing whether all types of vignettes are to go up and by how much, or whether the rise should be limited to certain categories only.

Currently, a tender is open for the selection of vignette distributors;
the project is worth BGN 40 M, over a period of 4 years, and the deadline for presentation of offers is November 2.

At the moment, the stickers are being distributed only by DZI Trans and Bulgarian Posts. The intention of the tender is to provide for more distributors of the vignettes, said Minister Plevneliev.

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:23 am

Well, it was fairly late in the evening...and it was a bit cold outside. He's back again today though.
Back to top Go down
Karona
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:44 pm

New Protests against Rise in Vignette Stickers' Prices Held in Bulgaria

Bulgarian citizens took to the streets on Saturday to demonstrate against plans to rise prices for motorway vignette stickers.

Protests were held in several towns and cities such as Burgas, Varna, Vidin, Ruse, Sliven, Blagoevgrad, and Pazardzhik, with Burgas demonstrators severely disrupting traffic.

Bulgaria's government announced in November it would increase the price, saying it would set aside the additional revenues for road maintenance and repairs.

This is the second protest against plans to raise prices of vignette stickers, after many drivers gathered in Bulgaria's big cities last Saturday.

Some of them had placed "Porsche Cayenne" signs on their vehicles - a reference to remarks by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova, who after the first protest said only Porsche drivers (meaning "wealthy people") were taking part in the demonstrations.

Motor vehicles traveling on Bulgaria’s motorways and first-class roads must have a vignette sticker attached to the windshield. The price in force until now was set in 2008 and hasn’t been changed since.

The price of one-week vignettes for passenger cars is set to rise to BGN 15 from BGN 10 under the government's decision. One-week stickers will cost BGN 30, an increase from BGN 25 now, while one-year vignettes will cost BGN 97 versus BGN 67 now.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:51 pm

No one can really argue that extra funds are needed to maintain the goat tracks which pass for roads in much of the country...many of these are in real need of attention, but there needs to be total transparency when it comes to spending the money which will be generated by the price rise.

Let me give you an example....

The track, which is gazetted as a street, runs in front of my village home and has not been attended to by the council (let's call them that for the moment), for at least 30 years! My next door chappy has lived there for ALL of his 87 years and the only attention this street has received was from him. The street is 2 metres wide, overgrown with shrubs and trees and is passable on a bicycle, or on foot...even the Google street view car couldn't get down there!! Just as a matter of interest, this street is about 110 metres from the village centre and both ends meet with the main road through the village.

A couple of months ago I offered my services to the village Mayor...you provide me with a grader, roller and a few truck loads of crushed stone and I will fix ALL of the roads in the village....I will pay for ALL materials and the wages of a couple of workers to help, PLUS all the fuel for the machines. I have to say, at this point, that I have many years experience at road building and operating the machinery involved. Before I came to Bulgaria, I worked as an instructor, examiner and licence tester for operators of heavy construction equipment in the UK, so I sort of know what I'm talking about.

This little exercise would have cost the council (there's that word again)....absolutely nothing!!!

Have a guess at the answer.....

Mayor....there's nothing in it for me!!!

This attitude needs to be changed....or any increase will have no effect!!

My street is destined to remain a goat track.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Time to buy the Vignette in BG    Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:28 am

It's that time again for the road tax 'Vignetta' now it is 97lev for the year and on sale in most garages from 20th Dec 2016

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:24 am

No major rush, current ones valid until end of January?

however the first line suggests NOT available after Dec 31st ??? which I doubt is correct, as they will loose revenue, unless they are going into 'Fines' mode or implimentiung the New Electronic system? confusion reigns

Vignettes for both 2016 and 2017 will be on sale until December 31.

Yearly ones purchased in 2016 are valid until January 23, 2017.

Lets see what 2017 brings c

Bill
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:08 pm

Been a while since anyone has bothered to comment on this subject, but I will jump on the soapbox again, this time to draw your attention to the subject of vignettes and their validity periods.

This may affect some of the members on here, especially those who don't live here full time.
I was warned about the coming change about 3 months ago, but because I always buy my new annual vignette between Xmas and New Year, the change presented no headache for me. (Berni and Dougie may recall a conversation with John and Hazel, just before Xmas).

The only problem I can see with the change ....12 month vignettes must be available for purchase all year round...that might provide a few hiccups for some people.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:52 pm

When we managed to get out and go to Silistra last week we bought our vignette at OMV garage. He asked me if we wanted it for 1 week, I said no one year please, he seemed quite taken back with this, so thought maybe as the price has raised to 97lev people are not buying for the year. He also told me do not use until 31st Jan. The sticker is pink this year and I was looking at many cars but they all seem to still have the green one on.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:27 pm

The pink one is correct for 2017, but you are quite right about the green one for last year...it is still valid until the end of Jan...but that system is about to end! That business about not using your new (pink) vignette before the 31st of Jan is a load of rubbish...I went through a checkpoint today on the way up to the farm and they were happy with what I was displaying (my 2017 pink sticker). Just remember to keep the till docket (receipt) and the barcode part of the vignette in your document folder...it has a record of the index (number plate) number of the vehicle that the vignette was issued to.

Silly system, but that's the way they do it here.

Can't wait until they introduce the toll roads...that's when the fun will start!!
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:32 pm

I can't see Dougie waiting till end of the month if he has the sticker now I bet it will be on Fergie before we next get to town....

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:53 am

They have a year to change their minds,, No changes until 2018 La
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:56 am

I purchased mine before the end of the year and stuck it on the same day....just left the old (green) one in place until New Years Day.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
They have a year to change their minds,, No changes until 2018  La

If it does actually come into use, it will make little or no difference to the average motorist anyway...just a bit more flexibility.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Let's see what 2017 brings?...confusion is still in first place!

Chatting with my very pleasant and friendly local traffic copper today...he revealed that the rules that he and his team work under have not NOT changed from previous years. eg. the last day in January is when when the 2016 vignette runs out! I purchased my 2017 (whole of year) one ages ago, so I'm not really bothered.

I asked him about the reports (on the various news channels) regarding something like 8000 drivers being caught and punished for breaking the updated traffic laws which came into effect about 5 days ago. His answer....none of that happened in the Plovdiv district because we've only had two traffic cars on duty for the last month!!!!!!! By his admission, they only operate between 10am and 3pm every day!!
What I've seen and experienced over the last couple of weeks and what he revealed to me makes sense....I've spent a lot of time on city and rural roads since Xmas time and I have never seen even one police car in all that time.

Someone, for whatever reason, is telling lies.

Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:45 pm

Just to add a small bit to my last post...I was out and about today, driving on city, suburban and country roads and never once saw a police car.

It was after I parked up for the day that the story changed. I was outside having a fag on my balcony when I saw a police car, full of people, pull up at the back door of the bar which just happens to be just below me. Driver gets out, enters the bar...comes back a few minutes later with an armfull of small green bottles......an afterwork celebration maybe?

Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:49 pm

La

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette   

Back to top Go down

Bulgaria Road Tax Vignette

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next