altText
altText

solar hot water

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Banned member2
Anonymous

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Here are some photos of some solar heating we installed .
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:16 pm

Tell us more about it John the sort of cost for the 1 shown and how much water it will heat and what happens in the winter, I presume the tank is in the loft so how do you stop it freezing
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks John but like blink can you give a bit more info please.

I am thinking of installing solar water heating myself. So any more info would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 6:30 am

more photos
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 7:51 am

The boiler is 150 litres and is in the kitchen along with the expansion tank and the pump set which is a control unit for the system flow rate , there is a differential thermostat which controls the water temperature in the boiler and the solar panels ,the boiler has a 2kw heater as back up it can be drained in the winter the tank and the solar system or for all year agent can be added to stop freezing . The pipework is in 22 mm copper and fully insulated . I made the frame from 40 x 20 box section and 50 x 50 angle mild steel this could be made of aluminum to save maintenance . The parts cost about 3000 leva . I made the window grills and the steel door gate as well .
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks for that John. g

What is the life expectancy of the panels?

What maintenance is required on the panels?

What back up heating is there E.G Electric, wood burner etc?

Sorry for all the questions but I have at last found someone that talks sense.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:13 am

How long they will last i have no idea , You can get a boiler that is feed from the solar panel and your wood burner as well as electric back up , the angle of the panel in this part of the world is 45 deg . Good luck with your project . John
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 6:27 am

Hi John,

I may well be having a serious discussion with you about solar panels when I see you next week. Could you please bring any literature you may have.

Thnx &
Rgds., George.
Back to top Go down
mr shifter

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 pm

A friend of mine used old sigle panaled rads, sprayed the backs with expanding foam and pained the face of the rads in black, piped them to his water tank and with an old pump from a dish washer and a timer to pump the from the rads to his hot water tank every fifteen minets, and the water in his tank is sixty degrees at a cost of about ten pounds
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:34 am

Do you have some photos as it must of looked nice . There is always someone out to save money , is it the same guy that put his wall paper up with drawing pins ? . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:42 am

Why bother buying drawing pins when you can find used nails of all sizes on building sites for free solar hot water 2381841692 solar hot water 2381841692 solar hot water 1865348797 solar hot water 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

solar hot water Empty
PostSubject: Re: solar hot water   solar hot water Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

solar hot water

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1