Information required by newbie!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Debbss
Junior user
Junior user
Debbss

Information required by newbie!! Empty
PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Hello everyone
After much deliberating and dithering we have finally become the proud owners of a large house in Lepitsa.
Does anyone know of any secondhand furniture shops or auctions?
I do not want to furnish such an old house with soul-less flat-pack furniture, and I am also on a tight budget!
All suggestions gratefully accepted
Debbs
Back to top Go down
abracadabra
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:38 pm

HI Debss

Good luck with finding furniture with soul! When we bought our house, the former owners who had inherited the house from their Dad left a lot of things behind- even family photos which we found sad - and in the main the stuff they left was useable. Most Bulgarians that i have met want new not old and don't tend to hang onto old furniture once they can afford new and most of the old stuff is worn out and useless, but maybe you'll be in luck. If you find somewhere please post and let us know as I too prefer something with character rather than flat pack rubbish.

Abra
Back to top Go down
Debbss
Junior user
Junior user
Debbss

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:30 pm

Hi Abra
sadly the house we have bought is totally empty!! I almost regret not buying one full of 'stuff'!! I'll keep looking and keep you posted as to what I discover!
Debbs
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Debs I may be wrong but have a word with Tony on here he is one of the Admins he may be able to point you in the right direction but as I said I can't be sure,
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:19 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice comment Sarah. I'll do all I can to help you Debbss with no problems. I can get you old furniture, anything you want. As like Abra said, the BG's dont like to keep the old stuff. There is some very good furniture here and some good bargains.

There is also much rubbish, most of the furniture is full of woodworm and deathwatch beetle, so look carefully before you buy.

I don't know of any second hand shops for furniture. But I do buy here to sell on in the UK or the US, when there is a market. I can get much old furniture. Both general and antique.

Some of it is good, but much is just suitable for fire wood, so be careful, as you'll be bringing much woodworm into your house and you'll already have more there than you need, if your house is an old one.

I also sell cuprinol woodworm killer to clean the furniture as well.

If you want to pm me with info about what your looking for I'll see what I can do, or you can do it on open forum if you wish. I am into much here in BG and enjoy learning about Eastern europe, the old Communist states and the life here.

I can also get you furniture from Russia as well, as it is also interesting. An example for everyone, is that you can find hand painted murals on much of the old furniture.

There is period, 60's, 50's and many styles from how it was in the UK many years ago. There is much in interesting old furniture here. Also you will find styles we never had in the UK.

The best thing about it all, is the prices, for most of it, the prices are very low.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone and Debbss, enjoy building up your new home, it will be fun and much enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
Debbss
Junior user
Junior user
Debbss

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 12:14 pm

Hey thanks for the great replies!
Tony...do you have furniture 'in stock' or do I provide you with a list and see what arrives?! I dont mind either option, I am not overly fussy on styles, an eclectic mix will suit me fine!
Shall I PM you a rough list of what I need, will you also be able to deliver any items I purchase?
Many thanks
Debbs
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 6:58 am

Hi Debbss,

I do not carry a stock of furniture, I only buy when I know I have a market to sell to. If you provide a list of what you want, I'll see what is available. Probably all you want, as most things are for sale here, if there is money to buy them.

Yes you can PM me if you want, how ever is ok with me.

Yes I can deliver too, no problems.

Best wishes
Back to top Go down
Debbss
Junior user
Junior user
Debbss

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:58 am

Hi Tony
I have sent you a PM re the above.
Best wishes
Debbs
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good luck Debbss, hope you find what you are looking for. Keep us updated.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Debbss
Junior user
Junior user
Debbss

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 10:59 am

Hey thankyou!
Love your work for the orphanage - absolute respect to you both, I'll support you if I can very soon
Debbs x
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks a million Debbss - really appreciate that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now I wonder if you or any of you guys have seen this site

[url=http:
//freeadsbg.
com/index.
php?node=ads:brwq1qqo][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It might come in very usefull Ian is the owner and is really a very nice chap.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information required by newbie!!   Information required by newbie!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Information required by newbie!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1