altText
altText

REPLACING GB WITH BG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

REPLACING GB WITH BG Empty
PostSubject: REPLACING GB WITH BG   REPLACING GB WITH BG Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:37 am

Just had this past to me by a friend and its very good reading if you have the time ? here is a little snippet and if you want more and there are 54 pages then click on the link [url=http:
//www.
bg-chevening.
org/sites/bg-chevening.
org/files/FINAL%20PROJECT%20REPORT%20REPLACING%20GB%20WITH%20BG_0.
pdf:231d17h4]HERE[/url:231d17h4]

Although the survey registers opinions of Bulgarians who are not pleased with the behavior of individual Britons, the attitude to the newcomers is generally rather positive. This is partly due to the prevailing tendency among the interviewed Britons to try to understand the local culture and integrate into it, to learn the language and the customs of the local people and not act in a colonial manner. Second, the survey disproved the popular myth that it is only poor British pensioners who come to Bulgaria. Despite the fact that the majority of Britons we managed to contact are indeed retired, quite a few people in an active age also chose to come to Bulgaria along with their children who attend Bulgarian schools and kindergartens. We hardly met any people who supported themselves only with their pension – most of the respondents had some kind of business – even the pensioners were engaged in some kind of work – at least with the maintenance, expansion and repairing of their houses Third, the situation of Britons we contacted suggests that they are not encapsulated in a closed community (as seems to be the case in Spain and in France, for example). Many of the British citizens included in the survey demonstrate a vivid interest in the local culture. Some of them understand Bulgarian well enough to watch Bulgarian TV and to read newspapers. As a rule, they are friends with their Bulgarian neighbours. Fourth, the existing problems are mostly connected with the everyday life and are surmountable. The report discusses in detail the existing challenges and the reasons the respondents see behind them. We can say though that there are no grounds to expect a rise of major cultural tensions between the two communities in the near future. On the contrary, while the respondents often point to the simplicity of village life, the warm human relations and the virginity of nature as leading motives for replacing the U.K. with Bulgaria, some purely administrative or everyday disorders are qualified as part of the local exotic, not as a possible reason to give Bulgaria up. Of course, this doesn't mean that efforts should not be made to overcome these deficits.

Last edited by 1 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: REPLACING GB WITH BG   REPLACING GB WITH BG Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:23 am

Just reading my way through some of that now netsniper ... some fascinating opinions!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: REPLACING GB WITH BG   REPLACING GB WITH BG Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Chris your right some of it is fascinating but some of it I would have termed as nonsense? but each to their own I guess its just how the British government has chosen to spend the hard earned cash of all of us, anyway I need to read more before I woffle on here but its time for a fist
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: REPLACING GB WITH BG   REPLACING GB WITH BG Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:50 am

Very true, a mixed bag. I found some of the more sensible comments just that, very sensible.

As usual, there's the usual bunch spouting off nonsense (I especially liked the bit when the Bulgarian's were giving their opinions of the British here although the vast majority hadn't actually met any!!!).

12.50 here, off to grab a beer! Enjoy the coffee
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: REPLACING GB WITH BG   REPLACING GB WITH BG Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 10:55 am

I'm at work at the mo [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] but I will have a good read later it does look interesting and maybe a little funny

sarah
Back to top Go down
FlorryB
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: REPLACING GB WITH BG   REPLACING GB WITH BG Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:00 pm

I think it is pretty positive, one of the few surveys which is based on facts. Whilst there are one or two negatives, in the main it offers all good signs. I read it earlier today and it portrays GBs and BGs generally getting along very well.

What I found interesting was that there is more integration of the group of Brits in Bulgaria compared with France and Spain. Just goes to show that those old stalwarts are not the best for living [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It's a fairly representative survey of what is happening here I think.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: REPLACING GB WITH BG   REPLACING GB WITH BG Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 1:30 pm

This will take me a while to read and then I will get back with my thoughts
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REPLACING GB WITH BG   REPLACING GB WITH BG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REPLACING GB WITH BG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-