Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Empty
PostSubject: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 pm

Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Brings International Outrage

A recent monstrous murder of a 3-month-old puppy in the Bogrov dog shelter near Sofia has generated an outrage in Bulgaria and among animal rights advocates and environmentalists from around the world.

Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) has received dozens of letters by Bulgarian and international readers expressing their indignation with barbarian act.

The skin of the three-year-old puppy Jessy was found by workers and volunteers in the Bogrov dog shelter near Sofia the morning of August 28.

Because of lack of funds, the shelter is not manned at night and has no guards. An unknown perpetrator is believed to have skinned the puppy on inside the dog shelter leaving behind only the skin.

The atrocious crime was committed the night before Jessy was supposed to be adopted by a Dutch family that was going to take her to the Netherlands.

The Bulgarian police authorities have been alerted about the case;
the Animal Rescue Sofia and The Four Paws Foundation are offering an award of BGN 1 000 for any information about the perpetrator and to anybody who is ready to witness before the police and courts.

The animal rights activities have called for an urgent amendment of the Bulgarian legislation referring to cruelty against animals because under the current laws if found guilty, the person who skinned the little puppy would get a BGN 500 fine as a maximum punishment.

The Bulgarian and international activists have been outraged by the arrogance of the crime committed demonstratively on the territory of the dog shelter.

Volunteers of the Animal Rescue Sofia have started to take shifts as night guards at the Bogrov shelter since the night of the incident.

They have called for a public effort in Bulgaria to punish the murderer of the puppy, and for a campaign to raise awareness in the Bulgarian society about cruelty against animals.

Spokesman Svetoslav Petrov from ARS said that there were no traces of blood on the premises so they believe Puppy Jessy was taken off premises and her skin and head brought back. He added that a man nicknamed "
Chin Lee"
has sent a note to ARS describing to them how it was done to "
keep the meat tasty and tender"

The animal rights activists believe Jessy's murder was not an act done in the heat of the moment. It was a pre-meditated act of violence designed to send a"
message"
to Animal Rescuers across Bulgaria who are currently seeking to persuade the Bulgarian government to criminalize animal cruelty.

The Dutch family that was supposed to adopt Jessy adopted one of her sisters. However, readers of Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) have alerted us Jessy's sister died on the plane en route to the Netherlands. Her adopters believe that she had been given a poison with delayed effects. The causes of the death of the second puppy are examined by veterinarians.

The tragedy of the puppy has led to the creation of a Facebook group entitled "
Justice for Jessy the pup from Bogrov"
which already has about 500 members.

A website dedicated to Jessy's murder containing an image of the skin that was in the shelter is available HERE. Before clicking the link, please consider our warning that the image is disturbing.

The incident with the puppy comes about two months after Bulgaria was shocked by another crime against an animal in the town of Dryanovo where a dog was found alive with its four legs cut off.

The Bulgarian capital Sofia has been struggling for years with the problem of stray dogs which are estimated to number thousands.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Admin wrote:
under the current laws if found guilty, the person who skinned the little puppy would get a BGN 500 fine as a maximum punishment.

Not enough. Bastards. Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 927475117
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
Admin wrote:
under the current laws if found guilty, the person who skinned the little puppy would get a BGN 500 fine as a maximum punishment.

Not enough. barstuwards. Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 927475117

Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 570106603 Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 570106603 Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 570106603 Completely right Chris these people shouldn't be allowed to live in my opinion a life is a life in this case
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:54 pm

i am unable to watch the video, the story is bad enough, any suffering whether human or animal is beyond me. the human race is beyond me sometimes. Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 927475117
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:33 am

This is heartbreaking and nothing short of barbaric.Its bought tears to my eyes reading I can't begin to understand how somebody could do something like this to a defenseless animal I hope they find the sick these people and torture them in the same manner .
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 pm

This is so very sad but I have to say It makes perfect sense to me that someone who can be deliberately and callously be cruel to animal has got serious psychological problems!

sarah Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 927475117
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:22 pm

krypton wrote:
This is heartbreaking and nothing short of barbaric.Its bought tears to my eyes reading I can't begin to understand how somebody could do something like this to a defenseless animal I hope they find the sick these people and torture them in the same manner .

Agree with you Krypts absolutely cruel and totally barbaric Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 3135333095- What can possess anyone to do something so cruel. Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 3135333095 I sincerely hope they catch the culprits.

Oddy Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 927475117 Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter 927475117
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Reward Posted in Bulgaria's Dog Shelter Cruelty Case

A reward of BGN 1 000 for information in the recent monstrous murder of a 3-month-old puppy in the Bogrov dog shelter near Sofia was posted Saturday by the Four Paws and Animal Rescue Sofia Foundations.

The animal rights activists remind again the more and more frequent cases of animal cruelty in Bulgaria result from the lack of real punishment for the perpetrators.

On August 28, an unknown individual broke in the dog shelter near the village of Gorni Bogrov in the Sofia suburbs and savagely killed 3-month old pup Jessie. The animal was decapitated and skinned.

The 5th Police Precinct is conducting the investigation.

People with information can email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or call 953 17 84, area code 02.
Back to top Go down
RadioGb

PostSubject: Puppy Skinned at Sofia Animal Rescue   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 5:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please sign the petition at:

*Bottom right of page - icon of beaten boy and puppy
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 6:27 pm

I can't get the second link to work and I can find the petition where you say it is

sarah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter   Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atrocious Puppy Murder in Bulgarian Shelter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1