altText
altText

Visa Debit Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Visa Debit Cards 1763269238

Hi Guys

As you all know the Nationwide Visa debit card did not charge for using the card abroad at the ATM or purchases. However, just got a letter today which states the the following changes from 1st November 2010: Visa Debit Cards 927475117

From 1st November 2010, buying goods and services with your Visa debit card is currencies other than sterling will incur a 2% commission charge. Cash withdrawals overseas will incur a further £1 charge. The charge replaces our current 1% third party foreign currency charge for ll transactions outside the Visa Europe Region.

So looks like only none Visa debit card will be the HSBC will start looking around now.

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Thank you young lady that will save us all a few bob now we know T g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Scunnered
Scunnered

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:25 pm

That's such a shame, I always use it in Bulgaria. It was the only one recommended by Martin Lewis, the money saving expert.
Any ideas what to use now? Visa Debit Cards 927475117
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:31 pm

have a look here it might help [urlhttp://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money#topcards][/url] Visa Debit Cards 3386807041
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:55 pm

Hi All
Got wind of this a few weeks ago in the national press, and have registered my complaint via the messaging service on line, not that it will do any good!!

Have told them that at the next AGM will be voting for it to become a bank, if they are going to do things like this.

However having said that what they are offering still beats all other cards out there, so not much point in going through all the hassle of looking and changing, so will just have to bite the bullet , have to say the free travel insurance is not much incentive?? only covers main account holder.

Not a happy bunny, but like all money establishments have you by the proverbial short and curly's
Bill
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Your right Bill they all becoming Banks now and they will all squeeze every last penny out of us that they can and I don't see a way round it Visa Debit Cards 3356871870
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi Guys

THE Caxtonfxcard

Found this and thought it might be of interest now that Nationwide has started to charge us for using the visa card abroad [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Global Traveller seems like a good options to me.
1) You apply for a card you can use in any country.
2) There does not seem to be any fees, unless you take an additional card.
3) However, they take £10.00 to start the account off and when you load your card with find
that £10. appears back on your card.
4) You can load the card up to £5000.
5) There are no oversea withdrawal fees, that I CAN SEE. but double
check

The only drawback is they take no responsibility for the money, should you loose your card nor are you cover by the FSA guidelines. You must have a UK address. Have a look and see what you think.

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 am

oddball wrote:

Hi Guys

THE Caxtonfxcard

Found this and thought it might be of interest now that Nationwide has started to charge us for using the visa card abroad [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Global Traveller seems like a good options to me.
1) You apply for a card you can use in any country.
2) There does not seem to be any fees, unless you take an additional card.
3) However, they take £10.00 to start the account off and when you load your card with find
that £10. appears back on your card.
4) You can load the card up to £5000.
5) There are no oversea withdrawal fees, that I CAN SEE. but double
check

The only drawback is they take no responsibility for the money, should you loose your card nor are you cover by the FSA guidelines. You must have a UK address. Have a look and see what you think.

Oddy s

:Howdy:oddy
I found this and I'm not sure what to make of it
The two cheapest, according to consumer watchdog Which? are Caxton FX and FairFX. They have no charges apart for withdrawals from cash machines and for a replacement card (£5 with Caxton FX and £5.99 with FairFX). Caxton FX has no cash withdrawal fee on its Global card, but charges $3 on its dollar card and €2 on the euro card. FairFx levies €1.50 and $2 for withdrawals at machines in the eurozone and the US. Both charge for ATM withdrawals in the UK. Visa Debit Cards 1536469901
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:59 pm

I withdraw my money out from Nationwide at an ATM here in Turkey and up until November was very happy with the service. Now, however I find that whatever I draw out is costing me 3% of the total. My only income is my pensions and I believe it is a disgrace to people like me to pay 3% of whatever I receive in pensions to the Nationwide. Their charge is higher than the increase in my state pension this year and probably next year as well. Still, they have to pay their outrageous bonuses to themselves from somewhere I suppose!!
Visa Debit Cards 794030042 Visa Debit Cards 794030042
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Visa Debit Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visa Debit Cards   Visa Debit Cards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visa Debit Cards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1