Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation Empty
PostSubject: Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation   Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:29 pm

[size=85:yuaun8ae]novinite 14 June 2010

No more than 20-22 people out of 1000 donate blood voluntarily in Bulgaria, which leaves the country at the bottom of the ranking for blood donation in Europe.

Under European standards, the number should be around 50, head of the Bulgarian Red Cross, Hristo Grigorov, said at a national conference for transfusion hematology in Sofia.

The conference is organized on Monday, the World Blood Donor Day, celebrated in 181 countries.

According to Grigorov, there is a recent raise in the number of blood donors in Bulgaria, many of which are young people.

“Overcoming the crisis of blood donation in the past 10-15 years is a slow process, connected to the reconstruction of the values of the society, which should include compassion and willingness to help,” Grigorov said.

Awards for renowned blood donors were also given at the conference.

Radostin Georgiev, 51, from the Bulgarian city of Bourgas was one of the awarded. He has retired from the army and has given blood 62 times for the past 35 years.

“Giving blood does not have a negative effect on your health. After a certain period of time, your body needs the blood transfusion,” Georgiev said, adding that the donors should not think about the remuneration for their good deed, but only for the cause of saving someone's life.

The requirement for blood donors is to not have any specific health problems and blood-transmitted diseases. Volunteers are examined right before the donation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation   Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation 1763269238

Well done to those who give blood, :Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation 1931734156: Unfortunately I have no constitution
what-so-every plus I am a big baby c

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation   Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Maybe a little anser for you all Sofia News Agency
Sofia. We have donors who gave blood 60-80 times, we even have champions, who have donated blood over 100 times, Hristo Grigorov, chairman of the Bulgarian Red Cross (BRC) said in an interview for FOCUS News Agency on the occasion of tomorrow's World Blood Donor Day - 14th of June.
He pointed out that statistics show equalization of power between men and women who are faithful to the cause of blood donation. In his words, however, men are still leading.
"
To improve the blood donation is necessary to improve the economic situation of the country, hungry people, people with domestic problems, living in discomfort, they do not give blood. So, improving the blood donation is a global issue,"
Grigorov said.
Chairman of the Bulgarian Red Cross Hristo Grigorov send a message to everyone to be charitable. "
Let us, when we have not serious health problems to think about that moment and to give blood when there is a need "
Desislava ANTOVA
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation   Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:17 pm

my understanding of giving blood in bulgaria, is that the patient has to pay for the donation of blood. if family rally round but that is not enough, volunteers are paid for giving blood. seems to me the desperate call on the desperate, i have always given blood in the uk freely and for the cause, but here, it seems those in need are at the mercy of those who care the most or who need the money the most, rather worrying situation to be in. Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation 927475117
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation   Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 pm

I also used to give blood in the UK Starlite was even in the rapid response group but the minute I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis I wasn't allowed !!!
now talk about making people feel like a lepar .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation   Bulgaria Ranks Last in Europe for Blood Donation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1