Gig venues in Sofia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Newerwaves
Junior user
Junior user
Newerwaves

Gig venues in Sofia Empty
PostSubject: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm really into my rock/punk/metal music and looking around on the net for music venues in the Sofia area. I've found a couple in Rock Bar and the Club, but not really found anything else. Does anybody know of the gig venues in the area or is the music scene not really that big there?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm sure ChrisQBG can help you with this one he well into Rock g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:24 am

Most of the major rock bands play at Levski National Stadium.

Coming up in 22-23 June we have 'Sonisphere' happening (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Antrax, Manowar, Alice in Chains, etc.).

15th July is a Massive Attack concert there too.

NDK (National Palace of Culture) is also a popular venue for international rock concerts:

[url:uhw5obcv]http:
//www.
ndk.
bg/[/url:uhw5obcv]

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Newerwaves
Junior user
Junior user
Newerwaves

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks for the info there. I'm actually gonna be there for when Soni is on, but won't have time to go. Thats a bit of a mental lineup there for it.
Do you know if there is a smaller music scene for small bands?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:41 am

Newerwaves wrote:
Do you know if there is a smaller music scene for small bands?

There's a great 'small club' in part of the NDK complex. Holds about 350-400 people which have small rock and blues bands most nights.

Usually a very small entrance fee but a brilliant atmosphere.

Also, all seating at tables with waitress service for drinks :)

The name escapes me, but if I remember, I'll post it here!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:44 am

PS. Forgot to mention ... for both large and small venues in Sofia, go to:
[url:1mj664yw]http:
//eventful.
com/[/url:1mj664yw]
and register.

If you input 'Sofia' you'll get a weekly e-mail containing all gigs that week with venues, etc.
Back to top Go down
Newerwaves
Junior user
Junior user
Newerwaves

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Thats great, thanks. That is giving me pretty much everything. Can't believe it when I saw the Bellrays were going there, but I'm not gonna be in Bulgaria then.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

[size=85:1ls34t3y]Sofia echo 07 July 2010

Massive Attack Sofia show one week away

British band Massive Attack's concert at Sofia's Zala Festivalna is fast, scheduled for July 15 at 8pm.

Tickets will cost between 50 and 80 leva, and according to reports, are still available at the National Palace of Culture's (NDK) ticket centre. They will also be sold at stores of Bulsky Travels, Select Bookstore, Sofia Vision, Ticket House, Plovdiv Music Centre, Bourgas Sound Garden, Medusa in Veliko Turnovo and Ozz Music in Varna. Tickets will be on sale as of April 6 2010.

"
Massive Attack has been enchanting fans in capital cities worldwide on their way to Sofia,"
a media statement said. Bulgarian fans of the band are certain to attend a show that will linger in the memory.

The British band, native of Bristol, England, are a collaborative music production duo formed from co-producers, various favoured session musicians and guest vocalists. They make records and tour live. The duo are considered to be progenitors of the trip hop genre.

Originally, the band was three in number, DJs Grantley "
Grant"
Marshall or "
G"
, Andrew "
Andy"
Vowles or "
Mush"
(no longer in the band) and graffiti artist-turned-MC Robert Del Naja, or "
D"

In August 25 their new EP, Splitting the Atom, was announced. The other new tracks on the EP were revealed to be Tunde Adebimpe's Pray For Rain, Martina Topley-Bird's Psyche and Guy Garvey's Bulletproof Love.

Splitting the Atom was succeeded by their latest release, Heligoland.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:00 pm

[size=85:1vit3zty]novinite 13 July 2010

Massive Attack to Enjoy Alcohol and International Food in Sofia

English tea with honey and lemon, pomegranate juice and soy milk are part of the requests for the catering of the first concert in Bulgaria of the British Massive Attack.

The trip-hop duo from Bristol will have its first concert in Sofia on July 15 in the Festivalna Hall. Tickets will cost BGN 60 and BGN 80 and will be sold by Ticket Pro.

The organizers of the concert have prepared 4 make up rooms and a relax room with big mirrors and ashtrays.

After they land in Sofia on Wednesday, the musicians will be accommodated in a hotel near the hall. Robert Del Naja has chosen a room with a view on the last floor, while Grant Marshall's only request has been to have a spacious bathroom in his room.

Since the musicians will not bring their own catering team, they have made foods and drinks requests to the Bulgarian organizers of the concert.

The requests include a bottle of Russian vodka, gin, white and 7-year-old red Cuban rum, Australian and French dry white wines, Chilean Merlot, champagne, light and dark beers, and energy drinks.

They have also asked for international food menu including South American, European and Mediterranean specialties. The dinner after the concert will consist of Chinese, Thailand and Indian food.

“Some important members of our team will be very thankful and will appreciate a lot the serving of fried chicken,” the musicians have said. They have also requested that the pork meat is separated from the other meals.

[size=85:1vit3zty]Sofia echo 13 July 2010

British band Massive Attack's concert at Sofia's Zala Festivalna scheduled for July 15 at 8pm is only two days away.

The band will arrive in Sofia on July 14 and will be accommodated in a hotel "
near Festivalna"
, Bulgarian media said. Grant Marshall reportedly had asked for a hotel room with an "
expansive bath"

The band is not coming to Bulgaria with their own catering, but instead have requested the Bulgarian organisers to provide "
Mediterranean and south American dishes,"
the report said.

Reportedly, they have also asked for vodka, gin, red Cuban rum, Australian and French white wines, lager, ale, energy drinks and others.

Tickets will cost between 50 and 80 leva, and according to reports, are still available at the National Palace of Culture's (NDK) ticket centre. They will also be sold at stores of Bulsky Travels, Select Bookstore, Sofia Vision, Ticket House, Plovdiv Music Centre, Bourgas Sound Garden, Medusa in Veliko Turnovo and Ozz Music in Varna. Tickets will be on sale as of April 6 2010.

The British band, native of Bristol, England, are a collaborative music production duo formed from co-producers, various favoured session musicians and guest vocalists. They make records and tour live. The duo are considered to be progenitors of the trip hop genre.

Originally, the band was three in number, DJs Grantley "
Grant"
Marshall or "
G"
, Andrew "
Andy"
Vowles or "
Mush"
(no longer in the band) and graffiti artist-turned-MC Robert Del Naja, or "
D"

In August 25 their new EP, Splitting the Atom, was announced. The other new tracks on the EP were revealed to be Tunde Adebimpe's Pray For Rain, Martina Topley-Bird's Psyche and Guy Garvey's Bulletproof Love.

Splitting the Atom was succeeded by their latest release, Heligoland.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 pm

Admin wrote:
English tea with honey and lemon, pomegranate juice and soy milk are part of the requests for the catering of the first concert in Bulgaria of the British Massive Attack.

Don't even ask me to comment on the 'rider' that Fish (ex-Marillion) put through when I helped organise him play at Sofia NDK a couple of years ago!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

However, we did receive 'access all areas' backstage passes, got to see the warm up and was on the next table for a private evening in a jazz club after the gig, so can't complain g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gig venues in Sofia   Gig venues in Sofia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gig venues in Sofia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1