altText

Wizz Air/Swizz Air

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Wizz Air/Swizz Air   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Hiya Guys I just had this sent to me from BRE in Yambol Bg, I just thought it may be of interest to anyone who is thinking of going to Bg soon

Good Opportunity to Re-register your Company

We would like to inform all of our clients that Wizz Air are offering return

flights from London Luton to Burgas airport from just 68 pounds,

during the months of October and November and with this in mind it may

be the perfect time to come to Bulgaria and re-register your Company

which must be done by December 2010.

Best regards

Karen Penny

Bulgarian Real Estate - Yambol OOD
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com

AuthorMessage
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:58 pm

I think I must have got lucky - I booked recently for my mother and father in law - Luton- Burgas 8/10/12 &
then return 26/10/12 return total for 2 adults incl. booking fee, luggage both ways 211 GBP. I know it is not really in the Season - but when we had priced it up a couple of months earlier it was about 400 GBP.

Also been looking for my mum - one way mid September (or when the sale of her house in the UK completes) around 70 GBP all incl.

I guess you have just got to be able to be flexible - but not easy if you have work commitments in the UK. The ridiculous prices must have a huge effect on private (non-package) bookings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 10:27 am

What is the definition of a LOW COST AIRLINE. There is no way that £400.00 plus can be classed as a low price to Bulgaria, they should be reported to the Office of Fair Trading under the trade description act. They should also be bought to task over the debit and credit charges
See link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
moonraker

PostSubject: Wizz air baggage bonanza?   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Having been seduced into paying low fare and lots of additional baggage costs for Ryanair, I was pleased to see Wizz air seem to have a very generous baggage policy. From their web site:
Up to 6 pieces of checked-in hold baggage not exceeding 32 kilograms each.
Baggage fee amount is calculated based on the scheduled flight time and date of your flight.
- Where the scheduled flight time is less than 1:50 hours, online baggage fee is 15 EUR/bag/flight, however in case any of your flights within one booking departs in the summer peak season or after Christmas period the fee is 20 EUR/bag/flight.
- Where the scheduled flight time equals or is more than 1:50 hours, online baggage fee is 20 EUR/bag/flight, however in case any of your flights within one booking departs in the summer peak season or after Christmas period the fee is 25 EUR/bag/flight.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think this seems a good deal for anyone looking for a alternative to loading the car for a 2 day drive - has anyone found any downsides in the small print or in practice?
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:02 pm

You will only see the downside once you have booked your flight and check in when they tell you. "
You have to pay more"
Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 794030042
Back to top Go down
moonraker

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:42 pm

jac100 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have never travelled with a no frills flight and I'm thinking of booking with Wizz air, I have read in the media when booking these flights you have to be very careful, otherwise it may cost people dearly in money terms. Please post your tips, I see the baggage allowance can be quite expensive with a maximum of only 15kg, I was thinking of bringing over some items from the UK, so if you guys see any good flights please post.

The information I posted from the Wizz air site I quoted to start this thread off states what I think is a very generous allowance. Do you have a different experience if your information source shows a maximum of 15kg?
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm

I think what's being said is that with any airline you won't realise the cost until you check in regardless to what they say on their website it's all in the minuscule print. And just a point to note the thread was started by nets .
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 pm

There are many who fall into this trap thinking that what is said on www is what you actually get but a lot do find that it's different once you get to the airport.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 6:58 pm

Moonraker I booked us some flights at £215 by the time I got to the end of the booking the total payment was £278 so where did the extra £63 come from :shocked1:various charges. By the way. the luggage allowance for hand luggage is 10kg that is free of charge. They are doing an experiment at the moment to cut this down to 5kg They say it appears to be working well. Holding luggage is 32kg.

The problem I am finding is: you have to check in online and if you don't have a computer you are reliant on friends or the internet cafe a royal pain to me as we live 25km outside of the town which has the only internet. Last week I managed to get Mr Oddy's ticked send to a friend. Mr Oddy traveled the 52km there and 52km back to pick it up. When he got to the airport, first in line, they told him the whole ticket was not there - he had to wait to the end then they checked to see if he was checked in. Eventually he got on the plane but THIS caused him no end of stress.

So annoying really, when you consider we pay good money, then we have to do all the admin - I will be looking at Bulgarian Air from now on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:30 am

Dear Passenger,

Airlines, including Wizz Air, have experienced overcrowded aircraft cabins in recent years owing to excessive numbers of bags being brought on board. Not only does this result in an unpleasant on-board experience, but it also results in significant delays, inconveniencing all passengers.

To address this issue we have been trialling an innovative cabin baggage policy, introducing 2 types of cabin baggage, since the beginning of August. Following the positive outcomes of the trial, Wizz Air will roll out this policy across its network from 24 October 2012. The one cabin bag per passenger policy will remain unchanged.

Wizz Air hopes that this new cabin baggage policy will insentience passengers to bring smaller bags on board the aircraft. With fewer large items, the cabin will be less crowded, the on-board experience will be improved and Wizz Air’s solid on-time performance will be maintained for the benefit of all passengers.

Wizz Air expects to derive cost-savings from this initiative. Fewer bags mean less fuel spend, which helps Wizz Air to keep fares low every day. For new bookings on flights departing from 24 October, all Wizz Air fares will be discounted by €5* to share the expected cost savings with our passengers.

(*Minimum discounted total price is €8.99 one-way, inclusive of taxes and maximum booking fee. Large cabin bag and checked-in bag are subject to additional fees.)

So what are the two types of cabin bags?

1. Small cabin bag:

If your cabin bag is of size 42x32x25cm or smaller it can be taken on-board free of charge. A school backpack or laptop bag that fits under the seat in front of you would typically meet this requirement.

2. Large cabin bag:

If your cabin bag is larger than the dimensions of a small cabin bag, you can take it on-board for a €10 on-line fee, which you can choose to pay when booking your flight or add it to your booking at a later stage. Your large cabin bag still needs to fit easily into the overhead compartments of the cabin and so it should be no larger than 56x45x25cm (IATA standard size)

The fee for a large cabin bag is €10 if you pay on-line before you travel. Wizz Air encourages all passengers to decide about the bag type they wish to carry at home and purchase this option on-line up to 3 hours before departure. If you pay at the airport, the fee is €20 at check-in or €30 at the gate. Purchase on-line in advance and save 50% or more!

The new cabin baggage policy will apply to all flights booked on or after 4 October 2012 for travel from 24 October 2012 onward. If you booked a flight before 4 October 2012, you may take a large cabin bag on-board free of charge.

The policy already applies to flights between Katowice and London Luton and will continue to apply without interruption.

This new policy is not applicable on flights to and from Ukraine, with the exception of Budapest-Kiev and London Luton-Kiev. This policy does not apply to flights operated by Wizz Air Ukraine (WAU).

For more information about this new policy, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We look forward to seeing you on your next flight!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Have a look at this folks. Wizzair want us all to know and understand that they are on the customers side and looking after our interests g
I don't think so Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 2079180590
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Simple as that!!!!!!!!!!!! We will see.

Wizz Air will fly Stansted to Sofia starting Feb 13
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 pm

oddball wrote:

Shouldn't that read Easyjet or have I missed something Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 12:16 pm

willowsend wrote:
oddball wrote:

Shouldn't that read Easyjet or have I missed something Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 1536469901

Ooops!!!! my error it is Easyjet Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 2345823347 sorry
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:07 pm

have you ever been on an internal flight from varna to sofia, there are no limits, i have seen the entire back seats dedicated to peoples baggage, anything goes even though it says 10k maximum. a case of who you are applies here. Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 794030042
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air offer   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:42 pm

starlite wrote:
have you ever been on an internal flight from varna to sofia, there are no limits, i have seen the entire back seats dedicated to peoples baggage, anything goes even though it says 10k maximum. a case of who you are applies here. Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 794030042

Which airline is that with, I presume BG airways
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wizz Air/Swizz Air   Wizz Air/Swizz Air - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wizz Air/Swizz Air

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next