altText

Pumpkin Cake

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

Pumpkin Cake Empty
PostSubject: Pumpkin Cake   Pumpkin Cake Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:41 pm

This recipe was give to me by a Bulgarian neighbor sometime back, I have written it here exactly as I was given it, I havn't tried to make it but it tastes great :lol: :lol:

Pumpkin cake

Ingredients

1 pack of puff pastry,
160 gr. condensed milk (unsweetened),
1,5 kg. pumpkin,
4 eggs,
100 gr. sugar,
some cinnamon.

Method

Preparation: Spread the puff pastry on the bottom of the baking dish in such way as to form a border along the walls of the baking dish (decorate the border with a fork). ****** the pastry with a fork in two or three places and bake it until it turns white (do not over bake it) in a previously heated up to 220º oven. Bake the pastry for about 15 minutes. Peel the pumpkin, take out the seeds and cut it into pieces. Boil it in a little amount of water for about 20 minutes and grind it into a puree. Whip the eggs together with the sugar, add the cinnamon and the condensed milk. Add the pumpkin puree and stir well. Garnish the pastry pad with the mixture and bake the cake in an oven heated up to 200º for about another 30 minutes. Powder the cake with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and serve it warm or cold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Anonymous

Pumpkin Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumpkin Cake   Pumpkin Cake Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:07 am

Netsniperthefirst wrote:
This recipe was give to me by a Bulgarian neighbor sometime back, I have written it here exactly as I was given it, I havn't tried to make it but it tastes great :lol: :lol:

Pumpkin cake

Ingredients

1 pack of puff pastry,
160 gr. condensed milk (unsweetened),
1,5 kg. pumpkin,
4 eggs,
100 gr. sugar,
some cinnamon.

Method

Preparation: Spread the puff pastry on the bottom of the baking dish in such way as to form a border along the walls of the baking dish (decorate the border with a fork). ****** the pastry with a fork in two or three places and bake it until it turns white (do not over bake it) in a previously heated up to 220º oven. Bake the pastry for about 15 minutes. Peel the pumpkin, take out the seeds and cut it into pieces. Boil it in a little amount of water for about 20 minutes and grind it into a puree. Whip the eggs together with the sugar, add the cinnamon and the condensed milk. Add the pumpkin puree and stir well. Garnish the pastry pad with the mixture and bake the cake in an oven heated up to 200º for about another 30 minutes. Powder the cake with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar and serve it warm or cold.

Excellent recipe, Netsniper. Will have to give that a go now that I ma getting back into cooking. s s s
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Pumpkin Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumpkin Cake   Pumpkin Cake Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:40 am

I have tried this recipe and it works well I also added some moxed spice to it which gave it a real lift thank you Pumpkin Cake 3356871870
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Pumpkin Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumpkin Cake   Pumpkin Cake Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:09 pm

Isn't this the same as American Pumpkin Pie? You could use various bases including a biscuit one. Nutmeg or cinnamon can zap up the flavour too. Nice one - I still have one huge pumpkin left in the basement. I shall deprive our rabbit and I am sick of soup! Pumpkin Cake 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pumpkin Cake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pumpkin Cake   Pumpkin Cake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pumpkin Cake

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1