altText

Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scooby
Junior user
Junior user

Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees   Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:14 pm

We are thinking of purchasing some wooded land and I was wondereding if anybody knows if there any restrictions on cutting down oak trees. The land we are looking at is full of them. I did read somewhere about a group lobbying to save some oak trees but never saw the outcome.

T for any info.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees   Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:57 pm

ooer, a difficult question and no easy answer, the locals reguard oak trees as special and sacred, no way you can take them down, we have an oak tree next door that dominates our area, we chose to cut it back and give the owner the residue back, but they went mad, not the done thing here, they are reguared as sacred, you need to look at the real legisation to see what you can do legally, not easy at all. need to look at the legislation to know what you can do before you buy. c
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees   Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:07 pm

That's an interesting question and one I don't know the answer to we do have a lawyer on here who may be able to help and maybe florryb can help to she seems to know her stuff
Back to top Go down
FlorryB
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees   Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Cutting down of trees (of any type) in Bulgaria is a big deal. I even had a tree which was against a neighbour's property and wanted to trim it back so it didn't cause him a problem with his house. Couldn't find a Bulgarian willing to do it and even the helpful local Roma would only do it at night.

Do not cut down trees in Bulgaria is the answer: this is not to be recommended, if you do, it will lead to big problems.... If I were you I would find another piece of land or build a very odd-shaped house to accommodate the trees.
Back to top Go down
Scooby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees   Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks for all your replies. T The land wasn't to build a house on, more to use some of the trees for either making furniture or fire food and to replant.

Don't think I'll bother now sounds like I could be getting myself into a mine field [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees   Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm

It still may be worth looking into it sounds like a minefield but as we all know sometimes we expect the worst and its the opposite especially in Bulgaria g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees   Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Sounds like it could be a good investment for the future and as we all know Oak trees are a very expensive timber
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees   Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking of purchasing Land with Oak Trees

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1