View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:24 pm

I know that this is a bit random but can anyone tell me what a day in BG is like, ie what do you do all day assuming you don't work? I just need an insight into the life of a day any day just a typical one

Cheers
;
)
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:37 pm

Hiya krypton that's a very interesting question, I would think that if your retired then life would be mch the same as in the uk ? but if your younger and not working then I do wonder what life would be like perhaps someone will come along and shed some light here ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
redroyal
Anonymous

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Life here in Bulgaria is nothing like life in the UK
for start if you buy a house with land it has to be maintained, we turned our plot into a typical English garden, but the locals thought we were mad, they grow fruit and veg in every available bit of land, where as we put a large lawn down.
no bingo of course, and most of your social life can be pretty hectic as the locals are so hospitable, all depending where you live a trip to the shops could be a day out,we have a pool to maintain and the house, there always seems to be something to do I used to read an awful lot in the uk now I am down to a book at bedtime, all our friends are scattered so it takes time to visit, and we eat out quite often as it is so cheap, and a good way of friends getting together all at once, and that is just for starters!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi redroyal it seems to me that living in BG for you leaves you less time, or should I say quality time that is taken up in a better way, I guess what could be said for those of us who are a little older is that "
the only thing wrong with being retired is you don't get time off"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
redroyal
Anonymous

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:24 am

too true
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi all,

Well I supose it is different for many of us. A visit to friends can take all day as we are spread so far apart in the many small villages.Around the home, ther seems to be no end of jobs needing doing and the gardens take forever to do as the are much bigger than the UK. Yes a shopping trip acan be a day out, even if you do not want it to be. Life here is miore relaxed and you get into the way of doing everything slowly, with no rush, cause there is alwawys tomorrow.

There is less stress here in a normal day, but this last year, it has all been very different for all of us with the world wide recession. We have problems we don't normally have here. But if you forget that, life here is no comparison to the UK. Fpr me there is not enough hours in tyhe day and I love my live here, even if I am working more than I could in the UK.

The best thing, for us Brits is we all feel much healthier and have more energy to use up. I think most of us living here feels much fitter and more active.

I think most of us feel the day is gone before we have done half the things we wanted to do when we got out of bed. It is a more relaxed atmosphere in BG than in the UK. Most of us are doing some kind of renovation, something we would never have done in the UK, no time for it there. Here it is fun and enjoyable. MOst of us are doing things in our everyday lives we would never have done in the UK.

So it all comes down to a normal day in Bg being a day of enjoyment and pleasure, but you have to forget about the money problem we all have at the moment as that is not a normal life for us here, just this last year. I think you caould say we all enjoy our lives here more than we did in the UK.

Best wishes to all,

Tony
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Well that sounds like the kind of life I am looking for it's interesting that you say you and other Brits feel healthier? I guess it must be the fresh air and maybe the fresheness of the produce? as I hear that a lot of people seem to grow their own? or is it that stuff they call Rakia? not to sure if thats how it's spelt I have just read about it somewhere, anyway what ever the reason is for a healthier life I am all for it !! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:51 pm

yes it is partly the fresh mountain air here, as well as the produce. The food taste better than anything I have tasted in the Uk. Even the lamb has a great taste. Yes, most people who live in the villages grow their own produce. We have this year as well, toms, peppers and potatoes and beans. All have been great to eat.

I'm even doing com pots, preserving the food to use in the winter. I've made some tom soup, I never made like it before in the Uk. Everyone that has tasted it loves it.

I can't tell you about the Rakia, as I don't drink the stuff. You spelt it correct. You'll love how you feel, when your living here, it is really fantastic.

Tony
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 pm

I agree with you Tony the food in Bulgaria was aways so fresh and the taste was amazing, then there is the cost, well need I say more about that, however I have to say that I found to produce in the markets/bazars to be much fresher that the likes of Kaufland
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
suellen
Junior user
Junior user

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi all
I find there is never enough hours in the day!!!
When we were in the UK we were part of the rat race long working hours with no social life!!!
Many of our friends over here where self employed like us and the main thing they enjoy is the social life.
We meet in our local bar on Wednesday night for darts in the cooler months, we have line dancing on a Thursday and we push the boat out on Saturday nights with a meal and a drink.
We to have a large property which keeps me busy cleaning and the garden is large so it keeps Hubby busy and the swimming pool has to be maintained.
My husband has started a small gardening business as he says he is not ready to retire yet, the fresh air and food is keeping us healthy.
I have no regrets on moving here when I go back to the UK on a visit I cannot wait to get back home!!!!
Sue
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:02 pm

I work just as hard her as i did in the UK , But not such long hours i start at 7 and finish at 3 when i have lunch . I find the Bulgarian working man cafe a god send you can have a good meal with a beer for about 7 leva , no real point in cooking in the week . If i want a day of i take it , i get nowhere near the money i got in the UK but then i don't pay a pound for a cup of tea in a plastic cup or have to pay a mortgage .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:25 pm

Hiya john sounds to me like you have found what most call the good life [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] its all about quality not quantity as you say and tell me is the stuff in plastic cups in the uk really TEA
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:34 pm

Yeah johnbaz,

All we do here UK is to work longer to catch up with price increases.
Running faster and faster just to stand still.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:47 am

Yes i was doing much the same thing . The good thing about Bulgaria is they have a very low skill level and no real finish to there work . So if you have some skill you can make a living , but you will not be rich just comfortable and that will do for me . All the form filling i don't like , but all the rest i love .
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:52 am

I agree with what you say here John it was the same for me I didn't/hated the form filling and the problems associated with it but the life I loved, and if it wasn't for my health I would be there now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Sponsored content

A day in Bulagaria Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day in Bulagaria   A day in Bulagaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A day in Bulagaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Life in Bulgaria-