Septic Tanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

Septic Tanks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:42 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi All would a budget cost for a concrete septic tank please to include digging, making, and finishing. size 6 cubic m or about that will do, this is for my renovation budget that i need to do before i ask builders for quotes, thanks in advance

Mark
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 pm

Its all down to prise , brits in Bulgaria are just looking for one thing cheap and cheerful .
Back to top Go down
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:21 pm

johnbaz wrote:
Its all down to prise , brits in Bulgaria are just looking for one thing cheap and cheerful .

Not really, but tell me this if you had 2 products that do the same job, will never be seen after purchase and fitting, you would pick the most expensive one?
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:26 pm

johnbaz wrote:

I think that can be said for some cases but not all and I would also add that its more than likely applies to the purchase of a property but you will always get those who are happy with cheap and cheerful but then we all have to spend according to our budget

Good post by the way g
Back to top Go down
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:30 pm

marlyn wrote:
johnbaz wrote:

Not really, but tell me this if you had 2 products that do the same job, will never be seen after purchase and fitting, you would pick the most expensive one?

Maybe you can answer the question then what would you do?
Back to top Go down
borntolaze
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks both Marlyn and sewagesolutionsbg...It has actually been a really informative and interesting thread Septic Tanks - Page 2 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Well afraid to say most Brits in Bulgaria are just looking for a cheap job . If they can get away with a dry wall soakaway they will do , even if its made of old car tyres as a lot are . Bulgarians have no idea what a cesspool is or how to make one , sad but true . I dont think this firm will sell these septic tanks at that prise , when like you say who would know ?.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 pm

johnbaz wrote:
Well afraid to say most Brits in Bulgaria are just looking for a cheap job . If they can get away with a dry wall soakaway they will do , even if its made of old car tyres as a lot are . Bulgarians have no idea what a cesspool is or how to make one , sad but true . I dont think this firm will sell these septic tanks at that prise , when like you say who would know ?.

That's a very good point John but maybe education is whats needed here for the Bulgarian's and the Brits
Back to top Go down
SewageSolutionsBg
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:20 pm

I am happy that people are finding the information usefull.

There are a few points which i'd like to make about the comparisons made in this post.

Firstly Our prices are not at the high end of the spectrum with regard sewage treatment options, far from it, and actually represent very good value for money.
We have yet to hear from an installer of an equivalent system but made of concrete to make a true cost comparison. Also from installers of other legitimate systems, there are several available on the market for those willing to hunt them out.

In all fairness the price from Marlyn is based on a Diy job with hired labour. The design is self conceived using information gathered from various sources, and though in principle is a viable alternative, in reality is no where near equal to the product we supply. I'm in no way critising them, it's very refreshing to hear of people taking a responsible attitude towards their sewage disposal. Its a little bit like choosing aluminium double glazing over PVC, they are both windows, only the PVC out performs it on all levels. except price !

To emphasive my point,

1) our system is certified and approved, designed and manufactured by a professional company and suitable and ready to be used for any property including new builds under the most stringent inspection. and regulations.

Theirs ? is not

2) They are fully involved in the project and will need to monitor the entire construction process, have allready invested a lot of time (and wisely so) investigating the alternatives and designing a system they believe suits their need at a price they can afford.

Ours ? you see our advert, check our website, give us a call and we take care of everything !

3) our tank is completely sealed to prevent any mixing of sewage and ground waters.

Theirs ? will leach into the ground (not to european standard)

4) Our system carries a comprehensive 25 year guarantee covering all materials and workmanship.

Theirs ? no guarantee whatsoever

5) Our sytem is installed (should you choose it) by professional installers trained to the manufcturers specifications and satisfaction, and fully understand the system, how and why it works and what is required.

Theirs ? By a Bulgarian team to whom it will be an entirely new concept.

6) Ours is a proven system, our prices are sound, and we have many happy and satisfied customers.

Theirs ? hasn't actually happened yet, so i will reserve judgement untill after the event, i am sure that some one as clearly intelligent as marlyn has a written contract stating that the price includes all materials and machine costs as well as labour, So they won't be faced with the usual price hikes to cover materials and machines as is the usual way, in the vast majority of cases bulgarians only ever quote for doing the work and don't even take responsibility for sourcing materials let alone providing them, however i am sure marlyn is on top of this, and the proof of course will be in the pudding.

Hope this provides some more food for thought.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sewagesolutionsbg.com
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:37 pm

SewageSolutionsBg wrote:
I am happy that people are finding the information usefull.

There are a few points which i'd like to make about the comparisons made in this post.

3) our tank is completely sealed to prevent any mixing of sewage and ground waters.

Theirs ? will leach into the ground (not to european standard)

5) Our sytem is installed (should you choose it) by professional installers trained to the manufcturers specifications and satisfaction, and fully understand the system, how and why it works and what is required.

Theirs ? By a Bulgarian team to whom it will be an entirely new concept.

The above 2 points i will take exception to

3) how do you know it will leak or leach as concrete is used at hundreds of meters under the sea and is still sound there is no problem with making a concrete septic tank that will not leak, many buildings are built using concrete and do not leak or leach, as you have no proof our Tank will leak please do not quote it in your sales pitch.

5) so you import your staff as well or do you mean your staff are Bulgarian but trained by another country, im sure Bulgarians will find it interesting that to find a good trades person they must be foreign or trained in another country i really think you should not generalise about other workers remember any idiot can dig a hole and push pipes together.

Whatever yours or others views on this thread are, I would just point out I am not trying to sell anything or tout for work all the information i have supplied is free of charge and on the internet the system i am using is approved for Europe and as such you really need to Find your USP as being expensive is not a good USP unless your name happens to be Enzo
Back to top Go down
SewageSolutionsBg
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:02 pm

No problems,

I know it will leach because you have made no provision for it not doing so, your guys are going to either buy readymix and pour it onsite, or they are going to mix it themselves, either way, it will not have the qualities required to be water proof, otherwise how cheap would swimming pools be ?? just as simple as pouring straight concrete and a coat of paint to look nice ?
The base will be poured, then after it has gone off sufficently they will shutter and pour the walls (or vice versa), so right away there is a leach point, the entire join along all four sides to the base,, and thats just for starters.

With regards the installers, the difference is that ours are trained specifically for the installlation of our system! and supervised by me in most instances, Nationality has nothing to do with it, and yes, my team are Bulgarian, Trained Appropriately.
So to answer that strange staement, I'm sure Bulgarians will acknowledge the importance of being properly trained to complete your work correctly and efficiently whatever your race or nationality, and irrespective of where that training takes place.

Once again i commend you for taking the initiative and wish you every success with your projects.

Best Wishes, Richard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sewagesolutionsbg.com
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Thanks for the good wishes,

I want to take issue with the problem you see with a concrete tank leaking if there is any leaching at the joint area as you say, you need to consider the amount of leach and the state of what is leaching, im sure i dont need to explain about the eco system inside a septic tank but any leaching from the bottom joint will be of matter that is in the decomposition state and and as such will be no different from the waste coming out in to the leach field, and if it is for some strange reason the amount leached would be no more then a pet cat digging in your garden and having a crap.

In some US states plastic septic tanks are illegal for many reason however concrete tanks are approved for all US states 2 of the main reasons for the ban is:

Plastic is such a light-weight material, it can be damaged at installation.
If not installed properly, a plastic septic tank can "
float"
to the surface of the ground this will damage the tank and leach field.
Plastic tanks in general have a lower effluent levels.

There are many reasons for the pros and cons of each system and in most places in the world they are considered as good as each other for different reason People chose what they want to install.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Give the guy a break , if you dont want a plastic tank you dont want one . I made my tank from 316 stainless double casement 10 mm plate .with a prestressed concrete outer core . and pipe work from 8mm wall stainless pipe . Mind i do like curry . I us the gas to run a small RR turbine which powers the village .
Back to top Go down
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 pm

johnbaz wrote:
Give the guy a break , if you dont want a plastic tank you dont want one . I made my tank from 316 stainless double casement 10 mm plate .with a prestressed concrete outer core . and pipe work from 8mm wall stainless pipe . Mind i do like curry . I us the gas to run a small RR turbine which powers the village .

Do you have a problem with this discussion if so thats your problem, if he did not want the debate then he would not answer and if you look its not until the last post i have said anything negative about plastic tanks, others have also said its interesting and i see you have not answered my question from before, as for your tank it must have cost an amazing amount of money plus who welded the plate together for you and what system did you use, was it fully weld tested if not you may well suffer from leaching lol and with all that curry i think you should have used Astaloy it would give a better life expectancy.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Tig root stick fill and cap 100 percent x ray . Stole all the stainless from a old power station in Chernobyl . The core is argon cooled so no need for astaloy x . Great bit of kit bit over the top for Bulgaria , but there you go , do you want one ? .
Back to top Go down
marlyn
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:09 pm

johnbaz wrote:
Tig root stick fill and cap 100 percent x ray . Stole all the stainless from a old power station in Chernobyl . The core is argon cooled so no need for astaloy x . Great bit of kit bit over the top for Bulgaria , but there you go , do you want one ? .

Ha Ha yes if you can do it for less than 4200leva i will see about getting it plastic coated to the o/s after then will be good for all future problems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Septic Tanks   Septic Tanks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Septic Tanks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next