Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe Empty
PostSubject: Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe   Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:18 pm

World Bank Group President Robert Zoellick attends a press conference at Istanbul Congress Center in Turkey.
Novinite.com 5/10/2009

Major economic institutions have warned Monday that there is an increasing risk of a credit crunch in Central and Eastern Europe.

The World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the European Investment Bank (EIB) made a joint statement at a conference in Istanbul, Turkey

"
There are increasing risks of a major credit crunch in the region"
, the banks said.

"
I think it's a warning from the international banks that they (investors) should be really aware of the risks that persist there. There is certainly strong potential for the financial crisis in Eastern Europe to get worse in the next six months ... The potential for bad loans is still rather large“, Ralf Wiegert, an Frankfurt-based economist with IHS Global Insigh stated.

The three international lenders said banks in Central and Eastern Europe should tackle bad loans and "
undertake loan restructuring on a commercial basis and recapitalise as needed."

The institutions, which launched an initiative to rescue the region in February, said they had so far made available EUR 16,3 B in assistance to the region.

Some countries in Central and Eastern Europe have been particularly badly affected by the global economic crisis. The IMF expects the region's economy to shrink by 5,0% in 2009 and grow 1,8% in 2010.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe   Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:53 am

More doom and gloom here I see but I guess its also a reality of what is happening around the world at the moment but I do believe that the media are always a little late with what they say? I know a few people over in Bulgaria and they say that things are much worse than what is published and that its common knowledge that it will go on for a while but as always most Bulgarians just get on with their daily routine as if nothing is wrong :lol:which for me tell a thousand stories I think I would rather that than the doom and gloom that is here in the uk anytime :bounce:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe   Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 am

Guest wrote:
More doom and gloom here I see but I guess its also a reality of what is happening around the world at the moment but I do believe that the media are always a little late with what they say? I know a few people over in Bulgaria and they say that things are much worse than what is published and that its common knowledge that it will go on for a while but as always most Bulgarians just get on with their daily routine as if nothing is wrong :lol:which for me tell a thousand stories I think I would rather that than the doom and gloom that is here in the uk anytime :bounce:

Looks as if a few banks might go to the wall in BG now. The Postbank seems to be doing OK, though. Just as well I bank there s s s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe   Credit Crunch Risk Threatens Eastern Europe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1