altText

forgive me if tedious

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goohbur
Junior user
Junior user

forgive me if tedious Empty
PostSubject: forgive me if tedious   forgive me if tedious Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Ok I have 2 moans

moan 1. I have noticed that a few topics have been opened and when the opening poster doesn't like the way its going it gets locked , usually very quickly. I don't get in here during the day or maybe even during the week and I am sure others would be the same and you find a good topic to post on and WHAM its Locked.
I am sure one can go via the admin to make a post, but to be honest who would want to go to that hassle.

[color=#BF0000]Moan 2.[/color] I for one am getting a little BORED and hense why I CAN'T BE BOTHERED to post much at seeing stuff from OTHER FORUMS being carried in here.I for one am not in the slight bit bothered WHAT is discussed anywhere else.....if I was I'd go there.I don't care what welcomes or trades or name calling is going on anywhere else , again If I was interested I'd log in there.

I notice a lot of folk log in here but never post and it does make one wonder, are they thinking like I do?

This forum has lots of nice new features and would be nice to include in those new features to leave whats outside the door outside where it belongs!!! oh and think TWICE before you open a topic as to whether you will accept the answers and not look for it to be locked at the first post to go against you
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: forgive me if tedious   forgive me if tedious Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 pm

forgive me if tedious 1763269238

Thank you Goohbur for your posting and some very good point raised too forgive me if tedious 3356871870- We will take your feedback on board and no doubt, get back to you in due course c
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: forgive me if tedious   forgive me if tedious Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 5:18 am

Thanks for the input Goohbur.

To be honest, being a Moderator is a pretty thankless task, and no mater if we 'lock a topic' or we 'leave a topic to run', we will upset somebody ... that's just human nature.

None of the Moderators ever just lock a topic on a whim, it is discussed between all of us prior to any action being taken.

As for your second point, I totally agree! Let the other forums discuss what they want and leave what they are discussing outside the front door here!

Cheers
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Goohbur
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: forgive me if tedious   forgive me if tedious Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 pm

hi chris

I think where the problem may arise is when an opening poster does not like the way it is going and then asks for it to be locked. This is where I refer back to the point of folks thinking twice before hitting the submit button

the other problem is folks just not doing what asked when asked which then spoils what could be a good topic for others to post to
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: forgive me if tedious   forgive me if tedious Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi I hope I haven't got this wrong but are you saying the the mods on here close a post just because someone doesn't like it? s
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: forgive me if tedious   forgive me if tedious Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi Daisy

The Admin/Mods on here close a topic if they consider (after much discussion) it is either:

a. turning into a personal attack of another member
b. descending into nasty playground bickering (plenty of other forums allow this if anyone feels the need for that stuff)
c. blatant advertising

No locking of topics is taken lightly and, fortunately, we rarely have to do that here as the forum is usually quite friendly and well behaved.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: forgive me if tedious   forgive me if tedious Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

forgive me if tedious

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum Problems & Suggestions-