Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania   Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 10:09 am

[size=75:1630co17]Standart news 25 March 2010

Inexpensive foods and cloths lure Bulgarian tourists

Bulgarians cross the Danube River to do their shopping. Just a year ago the situation was reverse - Romanians were packing their bags with goods from Bulgarian supermarkets. In the weekend long automobile lines jammed Kardam border checkpoint to Constanta. The distance is about a hundred kilometers but foods and clothing is sold at more lucrative prices in Romania than in the town of Dobrich (northeastern Bulgaria) and the coastal city of Varna. Gasoline is cheaper, too, local people told 'The Standart'. Various brands of fruit milk which cost 0.80 leva in Bulgaria (1 euro=1.95 leva) in Romania are at half price. The price of cheese is by 2-3 leva lower. A children's long sleeve T- shirt costs 2 euro and a pair of sweat suits - 10 euro. Brand pair of blue jeans could be purchased for about 30 leva. In contrast to Bulgarian shopping malls, in Romania malls offer real sales, shopping tourists comment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania   Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Seems that all those travelling to Bulgaria by car would do well to stop and shop in Romania
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania   Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 pm

All the Romanians come to Bulgaria for shopping

Oddy
Back to top Go down
kiboko

PostSubject: Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania   Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 am

When I was renovating I often used to drive over the bridge to Giurgiu for shopping.
Far better selection, quality and prices for most things.
But now I buy so little I just use the village shop & the Saturday market.

Couldn't help but marvel at the Romanians loading up at Metro in Ruse on the couple of occasions I went there (and wished I hadn't). perhaps they were hunting specific brands or something not available in Romania.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania   Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:24 pm

And why not if its on your doorstep and you can save a few bob then go for it I say
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania   Bulgarians on a Shopping Spree in Romania Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1