Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls Empty
PostSubject: Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls   Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:59 pm

[size=75:2xdf08k1]novinite 24 March 2010

The emergency ambulances in the Bulgarian capital Sofia have arrived late in 94% of the cases or 14 500 times in 2008, according to a report of the National Audit Office.

The auditors further point out that there is an urgent need to establish unified rules of coordination for emergency medical cases and effective monitoring and control.

The Audit Office had listed a total of 21 recommendations for the Health Ministry.

European standards are for 8 to 10 minutes arrival of the ambulance after the call is made. In Bulgaria, an ambulance is considered late after 20 minutes. In addition to Sofia, the northern city of Pleven, is also experiencing serious problems. Traffic jams, poor road infrastructure, improper functioning of the 112 emergency phone line, and wrong addresses are the most frequent causes for the delays.

Despite the fact that the audit notes the recent replacement of many of the ambulances with newer automobiles, in some parts of the country obsolete vehicles are still in use, increasing the travel time and costs over expensive maintenance.

The shortage of emergency personnel is also noted as a serious problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls   Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 8:39 pm

This is bad news I do hope they pull their socks up don't they realise that a few minutes can make all the difference between life and death
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls   Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:36 am

I've had the rather unfortunate experience of witnessing first hand an ambulance in Sofia.

Not only were they late getting to me, after they threw me in the back they all jumped in the front and smoked a cigarette before setting off for the hospital!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls   Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:15 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
I've had the rather unfortunate experience of witnessing first hand an ambulance in Sofia.

Not only were they late getting to me, after they threw me in the back they all jumped in the front and smoked a cigarette before setting off for the hospital!

Sorry Chris I know its not funny but your little experience did make me smile
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls   Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 10:39 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:

That is disgusting Chris and something needs to be done about this before its to late? I don't think many Bulgarians take life to serious but life is very serious and very fragile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls   Ambulances in Bulgaria's Capital Arrive Late in 94% of Calls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1