altText

Sozopol and Pomorie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charliechech
Junior user
Junior user

Sozopol and Pomorie Empty
PostSubject: Sozopol and Pomorie   Sozopol and Pomorie Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 am

Hi all

We had our first proper boliday in a few years last year and have to say it was fab. We'd been to the coast a few times but always to Sunny Beach! Now I have to say, I like it there but wouldn't want to stay, especially now as we've found some really nice places.

We stayed in Pomorie, but in the newer part. It was nice, but didn't realise what we were missing out on until we went exploring. The old town is fabulous, some nice restuarants and bars, the beaches were wuite nice, not to sharp a drop into the sea so great for Gabbi. There is a kids area with trampolines and dodgems, also stalls selling allsorts from local produe to the usual souveniers. Loads of shops and everyone was really friendly. On the plus side, sooooo much cheaper than Sunny beach! Now that was a nice surprise, big portions, good food and reasonably priced for the coast..

We went on a day trip to Sozopol, well that's it, that's my place!!! Loved it. I got a good vibe about it as we entered and the town, over looking the harbour. The place was so pretty, clean, loads of things to do, museums, great shops, bars, restuarants and the beach was lovely. And as for safe for kids, oh yes, gently sloping, 50m out and still only up to knee height.

So that's our destination this year and also my mum is coming out for 3 weeks so they can explore more of BG (just been stuck round our way last 4 times!), so guess where she's visiting?!

If anyone has any other places that you can recommened, please let me know so I can help her plan her adventure.

Sozopol has the big thumbs up from me and so does Pomorie.
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
mike&tanya

PostSubject: Sozopol and Pomorie   Sozopol and Pomorie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 am

Hi Charliechech, I guess I was lucky, although i met my wife Tanya (stanka) in London, the first time I went to Bulgaria, I stayed in her parents property in Kliment (which is now ours), we also visited Sunny Beach, which is in my opinion is ok for a short visit (reminds me a little of Blackpool) which is fine if you like that sort of place. But more importantly we also visited Old Pomorie which my wife has very strong links with and many very good friends. As you have said it is so different to Sunny beach (far more traditional), I have now owned a very nice apartment there for the last 4 years.
I also agree with you about Sozopol, there is another nice place further alone the coast called Lozanets and the coast between there and Sozopol is also very nice with a couple of other places that I have forgotten the names of.

its interesting that you are living near Karlova, (which village do you live in), my wife also has very strong links and many very good friends in Karlova as she used to live in a property in Sopot which is now signed over to her son (after his father died).
Back to top Go down
Charliechech
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Sozopol and Pomorie   Sozopol and Pomorie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 am

Hi there

We live in the village of Vasil Levski, just east of Karlovo. Chech is originally from the town.

When we were in Pomorie, think it was our last night, stopped just of the square the give Gabbi her milk and a lady stopped to tell Chech something, can't remember what now. After a couple of minutes of chat, she asked where we were from and she was born in Karlovo, I think and she is a distant relative of the very famous Vassil Levski himself!! What a small world!

I have been told about Lozenets but didn't ahve time to visit, maybe later this year though.

I do like Sunny Beach, it's fun, it's clean, the beach is beautiful, we had visited a few times, the prices always get stuck in our throats though!!! ha ha. It's not as bad as I thought it would be (after reading many stories), but as you say, if you want to be in a lively resort, then it is for you. I think it's great for a weekend or a day out.
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Sozopol and Pomorie   Sozopol and Pomorie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 pm

I lurrrveeee just lurrvveeee SOZOPOL!!!! we go there at least 100 times through the year ha ha no really we do try to go once a month for a day out in the summer months and then a couple of times in winter when we are not snowed in! I like sozopol because its season is alot shorter than sunnybeach, serious season is from july to sept.....

It is beautiful and clean and even though is catered for tourism it isn't yet drowning in tourism like for example nessebar!

Pomorie i also like, i live sunnybeach area as most of you know all year so pomoroie for me is a lovely day out and our local town if you like and i must say i wouldnt have any issues with living there! Like alwasy the old town take the cut from the new.

Sunnybeach is fabulous for those who are without children, it is ok for children if you just like the beach but unfortunately thats about it as far as entertaniment for kids go. Although they have good full all inc options.

NIght live in either of the above mentioned places is very good too! and beachs are all fabulous!

And yes Sunny beach is abit like blackpool in my opinion thats what makes pomorie and sozopol that bit more special! still have the feel for 'real bulgaria' wich sunny beach doesn't have!
Back to top Go down
royandjen@balgarene

PostSubject: Re: Sozopol and Pomorie   Sozopol and Pomorie Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:05 am

I agree Sozopol is good, we stayed outside the main town near the graveyard, so had to walk towards town for the beach and through the town to get to the old town, this gives you an idea of direction. The far end of this beach that is furthest from the town is clothing optional and not very well signposted, something you may want to know and have kids who are not used to this?
Back to top Go down
thetravelbug
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Sozopol and Pomorie   Sozopol and Pomorie Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:28 am

Currently travelling around BG abit and after doing a job Yambol way we headed to Sozopol for the night. Stayed in the old town and even though July had no trouble finding somewhere to stay. We asked at 3 places - 2 hotels were 50 levs a night and then we found basic but nice room with terrace and fridge in old lady's house for 30 levs a night. I absolutely love Sozopol and am now seriously considering buying a small apartment near there for weekends away.

Then headed up road to Obzor and found great apartment in someone's garden to rent - 30 levs a night, 2 mins from beach, nice garden....

Would definitely recommend looking out for private rooms to rent, much cheaper and often nicer than more expensive hotel rooms.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetravelbug.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sozopol and Pomorie   Sozopol and Pomorie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sozopol and Pomorie

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1