HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Empty
PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:14 pm

How would you feel if you had a welcome like the one below? I am a member on another forum and this is what one of the members wrote as a welcome, bearing in mind the the new member may not know anything about Bulgaria? I would like to know how you would view it ?

welcome to the forum ...some of us will tell it how its is ...bulgaria ,that is , and some will kid threw those rose tinted glasses still .others and themselves !! ....so be aware , be careful ...but still enjoy
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 7:29 am

as you well know sallyann , that post was mine you are refering too.....

and i see nothing wrong in telling the truth...forarmed is forwarned , to coin a phrase...perhaps you think its only good to write good things about this country ?? and then some poor soul gets well and truly duped ! I prefere to try and help people so this does not happen to them
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:07 am

Yes I can see both points here however I don't really think it's the way to welcome someone into a community, I think there must be other times and places on any forum where these matters can be discussed I think as a new member I would be looking at the connotations that are in the welcome message and it would more than likely put me off a little but again yes its important that new comers are aware of what they are letting themselves in for but not at this point
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:00 pm

I agree with krypton its not really the way to welcome a new member but discuss the finer points of Bulgaria in the appropriate forum
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:47 pm

I can,t see there is anything wrong with it,if that was me i would appreciate somebody telling me how things really are,life here is not all rose tinted glasses,it has it,s good side and a lot of down sides,why should,nt people know,welcome note or not.
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:30 pm

It seems that there are those that think its fine and others who don't but for me I would say yes welcome a member but discuss it in another part of the forum I just think it could put people off the forum if their welcome seemed a bit negative just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
sallyann

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Thank you for your replies so far I was just curious to see what others thought of a welcome message like this
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:54 pm

I have been watching this topic,and to be totally honest,this is not the welcome that you should be given on a forum,but when the new member browses the forum they will get the jist of things,i am sorry Varna girl but that was out of order,and if it appeared on this forum as a welcome message i would bin it

Mike
Back to top Go down
botev
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:46 pm

I agree with krypton and scott, if you are to make a welcome it shoudl be a positive one otherwise don't make the welcome.

The thing is you dont know really know anything abotu this person and they could actually be offended. The point of having many subjected topics is to discuss finer points in them otherwise whats the point!!

Maybe you should make a topic on the 'pros and cons' of bulgaria and use this as a place to display the truths as you see them!!!

Everyone has a right to their opinion giving the right time and place!! Sometimes i don't always get the time or the place and end up looking the twit....
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:26 pm

Whats all with the "
positive and negative"
welcome to the real world,whatever happened to freedom of speech:Beam,people are free to put what they like,We can all agree to disagree that is what makes us who we are,otherwise the world would be a boring place to live
Back to top Go down
keegan

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Freedom of speech is one thing but to be honest I found Varnagirls welcome kind of sad. You wouldnt welcome a guest to your home like this and in my opinion its a similar situation. If you cant give a kind welcome possibly its best not to give one at all.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:09 pm

a new member will feel nervous and aprehensive on approaching a forum, i did here. but a warm welcome encourages repeat visits and confidence builds. an established member will already have that confidence to tell it as it is. a newcomer does not. when your equal then go for it.
Back to top Go down
Sarah
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm

starlite wrote:
a new member will feel nervous and apprehensive on approaching a forum, i did here. but a warm welcome encourages repeat visits and confidence builds. an established member will already have that confidence to tell it as it is. a newcomer does not. when your equal then go for it.

keegan wrote:
Freedom of speech is one thing but to be honest I found Varnagirls welcome kind of sad. You wouldn't welcome a guest to your home like this and in my opinion its a similar situation. If you cant give a kind welcome possibly its best not to give one at all.

Absolutely right on all counts this is no way to treat a guest visiting you who you don't know at all

sarah
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Got to say I wouldn't welcome someone like this and to be quite honest I don't know anyone that would unless you are a very negative person, but as already said this can be said in other places, however I think this kind of nonsense is better left in the forum it came from with the other mis informed and unfortunate people that post similar things
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Definitely not the way to welcome some one new unless your trying to put someone off ????? and believe me there are those that do as we all know and have seen on all the forums
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?   How would you feel if you hada welcome like ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would you feel if you hada welcome like ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next