Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010   Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 2:36 pm

[size=75:4q2d5uao]Sofia echo 03 March 2010

Real estate agency firm Elta Consult claims that the global economic downturn will have a positive effect on the Bulgarian market in 2010, a company media statement said on March 3 2010.

The firm predicts that prospective buyers of a flat or a second home in Bulgaria will benefit from the crunch, and collapse in prices, and will be able to secure a good deal. Accordingly, this will make the market considerably more flexible that it was in 2009.

"
A certain resurgence in the market was observed in the last quarter of 2009 when more deals were processed. The stimulus has come from real estate losing an average of 15 per cent of its value."

A similar prognosis emanated from Tihomir Tsakov, manager of Bulgarian real estate agency Aristo, who said that housing property prices in Bulgaria will hit rock bottom by the middle of 2010. They will then stabilise before picking up, rising by at least 10 per cent by the end of the year.

This forecast is reinforced by other projections made by other major real estate agencies such as Colliers, Address and Foros, which expect the fall to continue throughout the first half of the year, tumbling by 10 per cent before settling.

Aristo estimated that the Bulgarian housing market has reverted to 2004 levels in terms of deal numbers bearing in mind that only about 200 000 transactions took place in 2009.

Regarding new construction projects, Elta Consult say that the market is still severely affected. Construction entrepreneurs are currently limiting themselves to offloading units that have already been finished. Until those houses and flats are sold, it is unlikely that new construction will be contemplated.

Additionally, "
they are willing to offer hefty discounts"
, the report says.

Analysis from Elta Consult regarding reluctance to begin new construction is also backed by Eurostat data which reveals that permits for real estate construction in Bulgaria fell by 45 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2009, totalling 69.9 per cent fewer apartments compared to the third quarter.

Concurrently, permits for construction of administrative buildings were down by 37 per cent.

In the last quarter of 2009, a total of 1343 residential buildings were approved for construction, totalling 3900 flats, according to data from the National Statistical Institute. The port city of Bourgas topped the chart with 155 new buildings approved, followed by Sofia with 150 and Plovdiv with 143.

The most apartments, however, would be built in Sofia - 773, followed by 604 in Varna.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010   Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:16 pm

I'm sure the market will be reflected by the prices as they are now so that's no surprise but what I will say is I know a few people who are/have bought their property direct from the owners because the REA's are not prepared to adjust their prices according to the market as always its greed
Back to top Go down
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

PostSubject: Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010   Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:10 pm

nu2bg wrote:
I'm sure the market will be reflected by the prices as they are now so that's no surprise but what I will say is I know a few people who are/have bought their property direct from the owners because the REA's are not prepared to adjust their prices according to the market as always its greed

I think you absolutely right in what you've said here and I don't believe things will change until the Rea's get the finger from up their A%£$se its they who control the market
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010   Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 1:45 pm

I think you will find that these kind of things differ from one company to another so I would take to much notice if I was you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010   Experts: Bulgarian property market expects resurgence in 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1