Benefit Fraud

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm

[size=75:14brc37e]novinite 24 February 2010

More than 50 cases where British nationals continue to claim social benefits after moving to live abroad have been uncovered, the UK Ministry of Employment and Pensions has announced.

The ministry cited 20 countries, including Bulgaria. Other favored destinations worldwide include Australia, Cyprus, Greece, Spain, Pakistan, and Trinidad and Tobago.

Critics of the UK government have claimed that this is further evidence of how easy it is to abuse the benefits system. They estimate that such fraud is costing British tax payers GBP 63 M annually.

Cases included people in wheelchairs, who had claimed invalidity benefit, later seen dancing in Spanish night clubs. A British couple was sentenced in 2008 for receiving social benefits while cruising the world in a luxury yacht.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi Tony do you have the link? to the artical

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:55 pm

[url=http:
//www.
novinite.
com/view_news.
php?id=113545:fy7q39xr][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not really sure of what I am doing on this hi-tech stuff but hope this is ok.

Tony
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Cheers Tony you got it right
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:53 pm

I'm sure this is all very true I think there will be some red faces in the near future when they catch up with them, I do know that certain benefits are allowed to be claimed but there are a lot of people all over Europe who are claiming but not letting the DWP know that they have now moved away and probably have friends or family that keep them informed of any pending visits from the DWP
Back to top Go down
mickhev
Super user
Super user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm

Good i hope they catch them all might help to reduce the countries debt,benifits cost the uk billions,and could be better spent on the needy

Mike
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 pm

I would be rather concerned if i was cheating, they will catch you in the end. our neighbours made the mistake of taking their money out of the atms in bulgaria and when their money was stopped they rang from bulgaria to find out why. lol. the calls come up automatic where the call is from, they were soon on a plane trying to sort it out. not worth it.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:42 pm

Now thats what I call justice
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 12:43 pm

[size=55:1ex6r03o][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Crown court to deal with pair accused of £30k benefit fraud

A couple accused of benefit fraud totalling more than £30,000 are to have their case heard at Crown court.

Christopher Glover and Zoe Shipp, both of Orchard Close, Cottenham, are charged with 12 counts each of failing to notify the authorities of a change of circumstances affecting their income support, housing benefit and council tax benefit.

The charges date from July 2005 to February 2011 and state the couple failed to notify both the Department of Work and Pensions and South Cambridgeshire District Council that they were in receipt of rental income and that Glover inherited a house in Natal Road, Cambridge and bought a house in Bulgaria. Benefit Fraud 3998065313

It is also said they also both received sums in excess of £20,000 into their bank accounts, which would have affected their entitlement to benefit.

Shipp, 45, attended Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on Thursday and did not indicate a plea. Glover, 56, did not attend court.

Magistrates sent their case to Crown court.

The pair must appear before magistrates on October 4 for committal proceedings.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:25 pm

The games up really, big brother knows where you are now. for those living abroad whilst still claiming benefits to which they are not entitled will be caught. many have had no option but to move back to the uk for the obligatory 180 days to retain uk residency. c
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:30 am

I think anyone who wants to start a new life abroad should have a pat on the back - It takes guts to live in another country. However, GET A JOB AND FUND IT YOURSELF. There's not enough cash to treat cancer patients in this country let alone using tax payers money to fund spongers.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Can't quite follow how a welfare cheat from the UK has any effect on the poor cancer sufferers in Bulgaria. Someone please enlighten me.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 pm

I am in the UK now so refer to cancer suffers here........
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Rakiaplease wrote:
I am in the UK now so refer to cancer suffers here........

I was getting confused to but now you have cleared it up for me. Benefit Fraud 739492727
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:48 pm

No worries BGTRAVELLER Benefit Fraud 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Benefit Fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Benefit Fraud   Benefit Fraud Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Benefit Fraud

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next