altText
altText

What's your favourite tipple ????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

What's your favourite tipple ???? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 7:23 am

Hi all,

This forum should be interesting , as drinking in Bulgaria is a passtime for some, So lets hear about your new or favourite drinks in Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:46 am

Can't do much here , I don't drink, but I can tell you about coffee from around the world :lol: :lol:

Last edited by 2 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:12 am

We found Kaminitza Black, which hubby say's tastes like a british light if that makes sense, And at 80 stinkies a bottle I suppose it does as substitute for 70 shilling.
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:47 pm

I like the beer myself but after visiting a fellow brit in VT I was enlightened what to do with Rakia if your not keen on it.Mix 1 part washed/pricked fruit,1 part white sugar and 1 part Rakia in 2LTR plastic pop bottles.Shake the bottle every couple of days untill the sugar has dissolved and store for a couple of months.The Liquor is lovely.Strawberries and currants are particually good although Sloes are out at the moment. Still no Cider here though!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Well I'm glad to know you like coffee Ashley, for me too it is my favourite drink, I like the soft mild coffees rather than the strong rich taste, But I diverse of topic. It seems we just might get some interesting responces on here. I don't drink alcohol either, but love to have it in the house for guests. I'm interested in learning about Bulgarian wines and how they get the different types and flavours here. Here in this village there are many different varieties of the grapes, but what do you do with them to make good wine.
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:06 pm

If you go to [url=http:
//www.
selfsufficientish.
com:21upp64n][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you will find loads of recipes for all sorts of things even Cider which we actually have on the go right now.
It's very easy to make. There are also recipes etc for loads of different wines etc.
Back to top Go down
jadamwilliams

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:22 am

boza is a fermented cereal drink - originates from Turkey - but many Bulgarians may disagree - is found anywhere where Banitsa is sold- a white cheese based pastry - and is a typical Bulgarian breakfast - banitsa and boza -
it is mildly alcoholc 0.2 % or so - are there anyforeigners who like this ?? - i have tried several times but just cant- think its one of those things that you have to have grown up with...
Arian is basically yoghurt and water mixed and often salted - usually 50/50 mix but varies - this i find very delicious and refreshing - great in the summer and very good after a few drinks the night before.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Tried bozo many times ... seems like liquid weetabix! :shock:
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:50 pm

ChrisQBG wrote:
Tried bozo many times ... seems like liquid weetabix! :shock:

I like weetabix
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 10:29 pm

Try this site for home made cider and lots more.

[url=http:
//www.
jimsbeerkit.
co.
uk:3fjgwjxh][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:10 am

worried here now,if i start makin my own wine/cider.how long does it have to stay in storage,cause if i have to look at it everyday but not drink it its gonna drive me crazzzzzyyyyy man.
Back to top Go down
mugshot
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 11:15 pm

I tried Boza, didnt like it much but my wife loves it as she grew up having it for breakfast.

Im a Rakia man, a tip that my Father in law does is half Rakia and half Ouzo or half Rakia and half Mastika (half Rakia and half Mastika is my fav)...there is a word for this mix but I dont know what it is!
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 am

Some of it dosn't take long cidcelia, almost instant.
Have a look at that site, there's a lot of different ideas for all kinds of home made alcohol.
Back to top Go down
cidcelia
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 9:51 am

ok will do that,but think id better wait till i finish my course of anti biotics,,,,earache again. then i may well have a go.
Back to top Go down
Cumbrian
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 11:07 am

Start today cidcelia, should be ready by the time the pills are finished.

Then you just need some more pills for the hang-over
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite tipple ????   What's your favourite tipple ???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite tipple ????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next